BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Unofficial Fix for PS2 Drive Space Error

http://www.mediafire.com/?rzy39tvphphbr

There's all the current files for NA PS2 FFXI and the homebrew program used to copy them to the HDD. Since there's no way to search by modification date, and that changed when I copied them to my USB drive, I had to pull the complete install instead of just the patched files.

You need a PS2 capable of running homebrew to use this. uLaunchELF will let you browse and manage files in the HDD partition for FFXI, so you can copy these files over. The simplest way of running this is to have a FreeMCBoot memory card set up, which anyone with such a card or any other way to run homebrew can make out of a normal memory card at the cost of about 3.5 MB of space on the card. You also need a USB flash drive that you can put the files on, formatted to FAT32, and that uLaunchELF will work with (compatability isn't 100%, but my new SanDisk Cruzer 16 GB worked just fine for this).

This is the current version of the files as of this posting.

I originally did this so people could have access to the DATs in hopes of having DAT modifications like FFXI View and FFXI Vision. Now it's here because it is necessary if you cannot reinstall your entire game from a disc because the drive is failing in your PS2. SquareEnix hasn't provided an alternative fix yet, and claims they have nothing to fix the current patches in the works.

Trigun

Thank you for this, I was thinking about modding my current ps2 but was worried if I couldn't get the XI discs to install.

Professional Pixel Pusher
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

The simplest way of running this is to have a FreeMCBoot memory card set up, which anyone with such a card or any other way to run homebrew can make out of a normal memory card at the cost of about 3.5 MB of space on the card.
    What kind of memory card do I convert to the FreeMCBoot card?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

A standard PS2 memory card. You just have to install some bootable files the system looks for, and copying them from card to card with the Browser breaks them. The installer requires a modified system or another FreeMCBoot card to be run. The install that works on all but the newer slim PS2s takes about 3.5 MB and you can use it on any system of that region. There's a smaller install that works only for a single model, at about 2.5 MB IIRC.

I have capability to make NA and JP installs of this.

Professional Pixel Pusher
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Interesting. If I get my PS2 memory card back from the person I loaned it to maybe I'll try this out.

I've always wanted to try some GUI modding, but since I'm on PS3 most of the time I never saw the point.