1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 21 hours, 39 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 2 hours, 20 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 14 hours, 39 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 19 hours, 20 minutes
+ Reply to Thread

leveling, pretty much solo and i need advice

Hi there, I'm a bit of a lurker here in these forums. I'd like to ask for some help. I have a 29 pug and things just seem to be moving so slow for me now. I'm killing mobs that are level 30-35 on average, and only see SP returns of 100-200, even when i do my battle leves. (typically 1-2 star lv 30 leves)

Should i be doing something different? Should I look for an LS / pt to exp with?

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

The best way to level melee/mage classes is about to change on the 22nd. At the moment, the best way is to Leve-Link a few very specific Guildleves with a group at high difficuly and force-fail them so you can repeat them each reset.

Starting on the 22nd, Guildleves are going to be focused on solo play and yield a skill point bonus upon completion, so it's no longer going to be the most efficient way to exp unless you prefer solo play.

Partying is always going to be the fastest way to exp, and everything in XIV gets real slow once you hit the late 20s and early 30s. I am personally waiting until the 22nd before I get back on my 34 Pugilist and just working on crafting for now. Soloing at this level is just getting too boring.

Naver

Some advice that might not apply very soon, but worth mentioning anyhow.

Kaeko did a lot of SP testing that you should look into. He breaks it down as far as level ranges and base SP rewards from certain mob families. As a pointer, you would typically want to fight monsters 10-12 levels above you for max SP bonus. Going as low as 8 levels above you is fine, but you will see numbers dwindle quickly. As to find the locations of said mobs you want to fight, use Yellow Gremlin to locate camps as needed. Base SP Chart thanks to Kaeko that frequents these forums. Yellow Gremlin for FFXIV

As for leve quests, you still want to do the same 10+ level range for monsters to get the best SP you can. There is an excel spreadsheet that tells you the level of the monsters and to which leve, but it's on my home PC. I can supply the link later if you want. Another good tip: since you're low level and like to solo, go for leve that give rewards of guild marks for your class of choice. If you travel around you can gather at least 6k marks. This is something that will change in the upcoming patch too I believe. I read along the lines that you will only be rewarded marks from the city the guild resides in. IE: CON marks from Gridania, THM marks from Ul'dah, etc.. So stock up on them as fast as you can now before the patch.

Since you seem genuine on leveling up fast I'll give you some camps that I have found worthy.
    30-34 - SOLO: Go to Camp Broken Water and fight the coblyns around there, only pick the low level ones since they will range as high as 44. You can also visit Copperbell Mines and solo there too, same mob type, different name.
    30-34 - Go to Mistbeard Cove in La Noscea; enemies to fight are Plain Pudding (2-3 ppl), Blind Eft (2-3 ppl), Floating Eye (2-4 ppl)
    35-39 - Go to Treespeak in the Black Shroud; there is a Behest you can try out and you can exp off the Black Efts (2-3 ppl)

Alongside XP camps and Leve-quests are Behest. If you enjoy playing solo, you can randomly join a behest group every 30 minutes and gain levels that way. I created a list of behest zones and they mob level ranges. It's not complete as to not having a class between 1-20 anymore. Behest though, is a fantastic way to get levels if you are lazy. You can also craft between behests if you're that bored.

Thank you all, I really appreciate the information.

Might also want to try going back in time 4 months and start a static. That might be easier, unless 1.18a is helpful.