+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Synergy Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Synergy Thread

With about 2 days left on the countdown for what could be the biggest crafting update to date, what are all of my fellow crafter's thoughts on this psynergy system?

What kind of things are you hoping to see? Hoping to NOT see?

Personally I would really enjoy it if when at the furnace, the skills of the crafters become combined, taking all their highest skills and applying them.

Ie have a level 100 alchemist and a 100 woodworker and a 100 bonecrafter at the furnace, combined they have 100 in those three guilds.

If SE lets us do this and synth normal items in said furnaces, I think it'd be pretty awesome to incorporate synths that require multiple master crafters to accomplish, IE:

Supreme Harness

Psynergy skill: ?

Bonecraft: 100

Woodworking: 100

Smithing: 100

Goldsmithing: 100

Leathercraft: 80

Clothcraft: 60

Thus you'd need at least 5 synthers, 6 if none of you have a 60 clothcraft sub craft. The result would be armor far beyond anything we've seen before, with the costs in the levels of cashmere.

Maybe something like, cashmere cloth x1, star saphire, scintilliant ingot, angel skin, divine lumber.

Result is a piece of gear that costs a few million but is worth every bit.

But if SE makes it so only a handful of psynergy synths work on furnaces, and your normal crafting skills have little to no effect on the psynergy, well, good work SE you fucked another potentially awesome system up.

Anywho, whats everyone else's thoughts? This is the crafting thread remember so lets keep the "ugh this is what SE gives us for an update, needs more endgame" stuff out of here, take that to the update notes thread or make something in advanced.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

You are talking about the evolith system right? When i saw that update, i thought it will be as plain as getting evolith and trade it together with the armors/wpns to the furnace. lol

Didn't really have any high hope for this system, was just hoping for my last 2 medals for campaign and fishing updates.

uh, urat, the synergy system is coming in LATE november, aka the third part to the update. sorry to bust your bubble. :s

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

My thoughts? Well 1st I read the notes as a whole new system having nothing to do with the old crafts (though I did see mention of "elements" perhaps each member controls their own element fire/ice/water)

2nd I am not looking forward to finding 5 other synergy crafters to skill up synergy craft (Let us hope it only goes to 10 or 20, not 100). Hard enough to find 5 others for niche things like augments or MMM. Hardly have enough time to craft on own time, let alone work with others' schedules :/

3rd if some synergy does req 100 in any craft (60 is my acceptable limit) that right there is a pain. Sure only 1 person has to have a craft, but still that's annoying plus you may need to combine with other crafts

As a serious crafter of 2 100 crafts, I'm really interested how this system will work out...if only to be vested in how crafts/fishing/etc will work out in FFXIV

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Ah guessed i mixed up, just saw the synergy article on the official news section.
    I agree with tsaroth816 that it shouldn't have anything to do with old crafts.
    If it is like what you said, urat, then i will find it hard to get certain crafters like smithing/gold..etc. Especially the jps goes "JP ONRY".

And yea, its in late november lol

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Where did that 'p' come from?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by urat View Post
    With about 2 days left on the countdown for what could be the biggest crafting update to date, what are all of my fellow crafter's thoughts on this psynergy system?

What kind of things are you hoping to see? Hoping to NOT see?

Personally I would really enjoy it if when at the furnace, the skills of the crafters become combined, taking all their highest skills and applying them.

Ie have a level 100 alchemist and a 100 woodworker and a 100 bonecrafter at the furnace, combined they have 100 in those three guilds.

If SE lets us do this and synth normal items in said furnaces, I think it'd be pretty awesome to incorporate synths that require multiple master crafters to accomplish, IE:

Supreme Harness

Psynergy skill: ?

Bonecraft: 100

Woodworking: 100

Smithing: 100

Goldsmithing: 100

Leathercraft: 80

Clothcraft: 60

Thus you'd need at least 5 synthers, 6 if none of you have a 60 clothcraft sub craft. The result would be armor far beyond anything we've seen before, with the costs in the levels of cashmere.

Maybe something like, cashmere cloth x1, star saphire, scintilliant ingot, angel skin, divine lumber.

Result is a piece of gear that costs a few million but is worth every bit.

But if SE makes it so only a handful of psynergy synths work on furnaces, and your normal crafting skills have little to no effect on the psynergy, well, good work SE you fucked another potentially awesome system up.

Anywho, whats everyone else's thoughts? This is the crafting thread remember so lets keep the "ugh this is what SE gives us for an update, needs more endgame" stuff out of here, take that to the update notes thread or make something in advanced.
    if this is 100% true I smell Crafting LSs

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Synergy removed?

Did anyone else notice that Synergy doesn't display anymore when you go to Crafting Skills?

To confirm this, here is what I did:

1) Update POL and FFXI completely by logging onto retail. While on there, I checked Crafting Skills and noticed it showed "Riding" now.
    2) While not on retail, alter command 0x62 (display skills) to actually display all 64 skills (combat, magic, and crafting).
    3) Look at the full Crafting Skills menu.

In the second-to-last maintenance, they had changed skill 58 to "Synergy," and moved "Riding" from 58 to 59.

However, in the very last maintenance, it seems they moved Riding back to its original position and have removed Synergy from even being shown. Can anyone confirm this? Just check your Crafting Skills and see if it says Riding or Synergy.

EDIT: Forgot to attach the picture which helps explain what I'm trying to say. This isn't from retail. Sorry if it doesn't link well.

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/3956/crafts.png

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjou View Post
    Did anyone else notice that Synergy doesn't display anymore when you go to Crafting Skills?

To confirm this, here is what I did:

1) Update POL and FFXI completely by logging onto retail. While on there, I checked Crafting Skills and noticed it showed "Riding" now.
    2) While not on retail, alter command 0x62 (display skills) to actually display all 64 skills (combat, magic, and crafting).
    3) Look at the full Crafting Skills menu.

In the second-to-last maintenance, they had changed skill 58 to "Synergy," and moved "Riding" from 58 to 59.

However, in the very last maintenance, it seems they moved Riding back to its original position and have removed Synergy from even being shown. Can anyone confirm this? Just check your Crafting Skills and see if it says Riding or Synergy.

EDIT: Forgot to attach the picture which helps explain what I'm trying to say. This isn't from retail. Sorry if it doesn't link well.

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/3956/crafts.png
    Sorry man I still have it, might vary from user to user? I think there was someone talking about issues with that based on a dat edit they had done previously or something.

*twiddles his thumbs and looks at the calender* um... SE? ._.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Let the countdown to monday begin!

To start the occasion off, I present to you SYNERGY 101!!!!!

STEP 1: Get yourself a stove. Its best if its 300 tonnes and capable of warping through the air.

STEP 2: Get yourself enough explosives to level windurst waters, aka fewell.

STEP 3: Get some more. No seriously you need a lot of this shit.

STEP 4: Maybe a bit more for good measure

STEP 5: Grab some radioactive shit, AKA elemental stones. These babies are potent enough to make a dhalmel infertile. Id suggest 3-4 per run.

STEP 6: Ok now for good measure take this astral matter. It like bends physics and stuff. the more the merrier!

STEP 7: Ok now take all this stuff and throw it into that giant ass stove.

STEP 8: Ok now throw in a match. The result should be something along the lines of low grade nuclear fusion. You'll wanna close the door quickly or your face will melt off.

STEP 9: Ok now you might wanna hide behind something big that can absorb the gamma rays released by synergy, I'd suggest a large rock or a galka.

STEP 10: After a few minutes the stove should be glowing a dull green. This is good in the fact that it hasn't exploded yet. Now cautiously send out a taru with the piece of gar to be synergyzed and have him carefully pop open the front door of the furnace and toss the armor in, then promptly close it again and run away.

STEP 11: Now at this point one of two things will happen. If you fucked up chances are the entire thing will explode the moment the tarutaru tosses in the gear, resulting in a small scale nuclear meltdown. Don't worry there'll be galkas standing by to clean up the mess.

NOTE: It is possible to prevent the meltdown via a common method known as HITTING THE DAMN THING WITH A LEAD PIPE.

Be careful as quite often this can result in aggravating the explosion, though sometimes will calm it down. The Alchemist Guild of Bastok recommends against such an action however, as to perform it the synergyzer needs to be standing next to the highly volatile furnace. Something strongly recommended against when at any moment it may self destruct. Once again, galkas are immune to gamma rays so it would be a far better choice to simply hide behind one for the process.

In the off chance you were successful, you will be rewarded with a synergyzed piece of armor! Yayyyyyyy

Be warned though as quite often these pieces of armor, though packed with awesome stats, are generally radioactive. The alchemist guild of Bastok does not take any responsibilty for any form of deformities generated by the wearing of said armor.

THIS HAS BEEN A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT BY THE SYNERGIST SYSTEM OF VANA'DIEL.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

When are you going to kill yourself?

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

This is too funny!

Quote Originally Posted by urat View Post
    Let the countdown to monday begin!

To start the occasion off, I present to you SYNERGY 101!!!!!

STEP 1: Get yourself a stove. Its best if its 300 tonnes and capable of warping through the air.

STEP 2: Get yourself enough explosives to level windurst waters, aka fewell.

STEP 3: Get some more. No seriously you need a lot of this shit.

STEP 4: Maybe a bit more for good measure

STEP 5: Grab some radioactive shit, AKA elemental stones. These babies are potent enough to make a dhalmel infertile. Id suggest 3-4 per run.

STEP 6: Ok now for good measure take this astral matter. It like bends physics and stuff. the more the merrier!

STEP 7: Ok now take all this stuff and throw it into that giant ass stove.

STEP 8: Ok now throw in a match. The result should be something along the lines of low grade nuclear fusion. You'll wanna close the door quickly or your face will melt off.

STEP 9: Ok now you might wanna hide behind something big that can absorb the gamma rays released by synergy, I'd suggest a large rock or a galka.

STEP 10: After a few minutes the stove should be glowing a dull green. This is good in the fact that it hasn't exploded yet. Now cautiously send out a taru with the piece of gar to be synergyzed and have him carefully pop open the front door of the furnace and toss the armor in, then promptly close it again and run away.

STEP 11: Now at this point one of two things will happen. If you fucked up chances are the entire thing will explode the moment the tarutaru tosses in the gear, resulting in a small scale nuclear meltdown. Don't worry there'll be galkas standing by to clean up the mess.

NOTE: It is possible to prevent the meltdown via a common method known as HITTING THE DAMN THING WITH A LEAD PIPE.

Be careful as quite often this can result in aggravating the explosion, though sometimes will calm it down. The Alchemist Guild of Bastok recommends against such an action however, as to perform it the synergyzer needs to be standing next to the highly volatile furnace. Something strongly recommended against when at any moment it may self destruct. Once again, galkas are immune to gamma rays so it would be a far better choice to simply hide behind one for the process.

In the off chance you were successful, you will be rewarded with a synergyzed piece of armor! Yayyyyyyy

Be warned though as quite often these pieces of armor, though packed with awesome stats, are generally radioactive. The alchemist guild of Bastok does not take any responsibilty for any form of deformities generated by the wearing of said armor.

THIS HAS BEEN A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT BY THE SYNERGIST SYSTEM OF VANA'DIEL.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I just laughed so hard xD

(especially since the details were just released this morning and they're 100% true xD)

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/verup/...07/detail.html

Tricks of the Trade
    Skillful application of the techniques below will ensure that your synergistic exploits remain undeterred by explosions or failed reactions.

* View furnace readings
    Compare current elemental balance with objectives, and monitor pressure and impurities.
    * Feed fewell
    Deposit fewell into the furnace to increase elemental strength.
    * Thwack furnace
    Apply a time-honored (if low-efficiency) method to ward off potential accidents.
    * Operate pressure handle
    Consume dark fewell to lower furnace pressure.
    * Operate safety lever
    Consume dark fewell to cleanse furnace of impurities.
    * Repair furnace
    Consume light fewell to increase furnace durability.
    * Recycle strewn fewell
    Render strewn fewell into a reclaimable state, increasing the amount of reclaimable cinder.
    Thwack the furnace? xD HA win

Also, this whole system seems terribly complicated, but since this is SE we're talking about, it's par for the course. Still wondering what's going to be involved to make those aern-looking weapons like Concordia I think I'm gonna need a weird item from an NM, the chipped scimitar from Lugh, some metal that drops from Lugh and other Fomor Kings, and people with 50 synergy level and 100 smithing/goldsmthnig/alchemy or some shit.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Can a mod please fix the title to this thread?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I don't see bonecraft veteran as a requirement for any synergy synths...am I wrong? D:

I have no idea tbh
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Title updated. Now someone get to work and figure out how to make me Ru'lude Orchids.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Can anyone confirm that the platinum leaves + vitriol recipe can take me to 70? Gotten to 25 off Nashmau Earring Recipe, so curious

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I'm 61 off them, so they can go at least that far.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

One of my mules is 65 off them. I just did rings on my main to 70.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I did them to 70, so can confirm

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast