Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Sonic Forces (Holiday 2017) NX - XBONE - PS4 | Sonic Mania (PC/PS4/XB1) - August 15, 2017

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

So does Lil Sonic mean there will be two types of stages like Generations? Please just be Generations 2.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Toshi Prower
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

No thread for this one so I'll just pop it in here:

Looks like a lot of fun. I am happy about Generations 2 but damn if I wasn't looking forward to Tails and Knuckles being playable when the trailer said "But even heroes need help." Im glad I get to play as them in the 2d game but when can I play as Tails in 3d. Like in a sonic-based speed stage, not in a mech or some shit. God I miss those.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hitoshura View Post
    So does Lil Sonic mean there will be two types of stages like Generations? Please just be Generations 2.
    I'd be all for this if they removed the "Do X challenge to fight the boss" crap they pulled in the first one.

We wear wine red on Wednesdays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Toshiko View Post

Looks like a lot of fun. I am happy about Generations 2 but damn if I wasn't looking forward to Tails and Knuckles being playable when the trailer said "But even heroes need help." Im glad I get to play as them in the 2d game but when can I play as Tails in 3d. Like in a sonic-based speed stage, not in a mech or some shit. God I miss those.
    This trailer just popped up for me on FB and I'm so happy about it. This is where the games should have stuck and it looks wonderful.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Very happy to see they're going back and making a old school 2D sonic game as the next one.

Edit: Just noticed Mania is in addition to the 2017 Sonic Team game, so bitching, old school Sonic to look forward to as well as what looks like Generations 2 .

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Fuck yeah Nitro Fun.

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

There seems to be an unreasonable amount of people out there angry that classic Sonic was featured, and are adamant that this isn't Generations 2. I don't see all the negativity, I really enjoyed playing as both Classic and Modern, it looks like they are giving the people what they want IMO. I think these crybabies probably played Sonic Unleashed or maybe even 06' as their first and have trouble clearing Classic stages. Either way, I am excited for this even though I shouldn't be after that abomination of a Sonic game they came out with last time.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Toshi Prower
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

There seems to be an unreasonable amount of people out there angry that classic Sonic was featured, and are adamant that this isn't Generations 2. I don't see all the negativity, I really enjoyed playing as both Classic and Modern, it looks like they are giving the people what they want IMO. I think these crybabies probably played Sonic Unleashed or maybe even 06' as their first and have trouble clearing Classic stages. Either way, I am excited for this even though I shouldn't be after that abomination of a Sonic game they came out with last time.
    I'm not "angry" but I am disappointed that they are using Classic Sonic as a crutch. The first time for Generations it was amazing, It didn't feel like a gimmick, and of course the game itself was well put together and fun. Iizuka stated that this was "not a sequel" in the stream which is why people don't think it's Generations 2, but if not Generations 2, why is Classic Sonic there interacting with Modern? It just leaves a bad taste as a Tails fan that they aren't using the two characters who would easily be good in a game with a more exploration based game play. The fact that its more like one and a half 2d games and one half of a 3d game also is a downer for people who do enjoy the 3d game play. As long as the game is fun, well constructed and not buggy as hell, I'll be happy but I just miss the other characters being more then cut scene fodder.

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I wasn't referring to anyone here, but in the youtube comments sadly.

Also didn't it say Lil Sonic joined the fight? Maybe this means others will too.

I think Tails in a Modern Sonic game would just get in the way, part of what makes those Modern Sonic stages so special is the unmatched speed and wouldn't Tails slow that down? I guess I am alone here.

I absolutely loved the patched stages from Sonic Unleashed mod added to Generations on PC, that was amazing. Dragon Road is an adrenaline rush to play through although the water portions of the stage can get frustrating at first, but once you figure it out it's all fun.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Toshi Prower
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I wasn't referring to anyone here, but in the youtube comments sadly.

Also didn't it say Lil Sonic joined the fight? Maybe this means others will too.

I think Tails in a Modern Sonic game would just get in the way, part of what makes those Modern Sonic stages so special is the unmatched speed and wouldn't Tails slow that down? I guess I am alone here.

I absolutely loved the patched stages from Sonic Unleashed mod added to Generations on PC, that was amazing. Dragon Road is an adrenaline rush to play through although the water portions of the stage can get frustrating at first, but once you figure it out it's all fun.
    I know you weren't directing at me specifically and I do agree to an extent that people should not whine so much. The Sonic series is just one of my favorite games so I have pretty strong feelings towards what decisions are being made to it now. I hope there will be more playable characters. For your third point, that's what I think would be great. You have your speed with Sonic, so why not exploration based zones with Tails and Knuckles? Both of their abilities lend itself to great exploration. I do enjoy the boost gameplay for Unleashed and Generations but I think the classic zones would be redundant when we could get explore zones instead, that's all.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I don't get the hate. The best Sonic games were the 2D ones; going back to their roots is their best bet forward.

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

They need to take their time with Sonic games. Make it Sonic, Tails, Knuckles. Cut out the mechs, guns, gimmicks, make everything based around just what the characters initially were. Speed, flight, and gliding/climbing.

It'd be a dream if they ever managed to do that right and have a good balance of content between the three of them that was equally fun. There are too many members of the Sonic universe now that should be reduced to cutscene fodder instead of the original 3.

That said, more hype for Mania. I don't see the need for lilsanic if it's not a Generations title as some have said. Too many usable characters being omitted, all providing they don't eventually make it in, but it seems like they won't when compared with the Mania announcement. Still probably be fun.

As long as it isn't '06...

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

guys its a sonic game dont get excited. It is a sonic game after all, so it willbe shit

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Looks good, can't see going wrong (like the classic Megaman 9 and 10... wish there were more) unless controls break.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Toshiko View Post

Went to the Sonic 25th Anniversary party at SDCC and they had a Demo of this game. Felt very nostalgic and I was pretty impressed. They had two levels to demo which was the Original Green Hill zone and then a second level that was called Studiopolis which felt like a long ass maze zone similar to Metropolis from Sonic 2.

Also, the party was pretty cool. They had a costume contest and the guy dressed as tails won easily:

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content