1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 18 hours, 8 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 5 hours, 51 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 11 hours, 8 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 22 hours, 51 minutes
+ Reply to Thread

Money & Crafting/Gathering

Is anyone else absolutely just frustrated like I am?

My crafting and gathering classes are leveling up smoothly enough, however the real issue is in making any sort of real profits out of my ventures. The market wards are all fine and dandy, but I preferred the stability and reliability of the AH in 11.

Go to the AH, look at the price history, and then list my wares accordingly. Well, that's all pretty much gone. I have no idea what's a "normal" rate for anything I'm currently carrying or have made, especially when NPC prices for basic materials are grossly inflated.

Example: Maple Log is like 2k from NPC vendor, but a single piece of Lumber sells for about 90 gil to NPCs. Okay then, so what the hell do I do then? Keep processing lumber and hope someone wants to buy it? I sure as hell can't sell logs at that rate, not when it's far cheaper to go out and harvest them.

I don't really fancy going through every single bazar in the wards either to get a feel of everyone else's rates. So basically, I'm not sure if I should just NPC everything I gather and synth for now, or horde it away on my Retainer until some kind of standards are set.

You're on a roll today.