+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Not the typical {Black Belt} {Help me out!} situation:

Hello,

I was hesitant to post this for fear of the U7tra 1337 players lawl’ing at a Brown Belt MNK and also for the newbs telling me to stop crying because they don’t have Black Belt either…but here goes…

My character's name is Chaz and I am from Carbuncle server. In September of 2006, I separated from my girlfriend...during which time I moved out of the apartment we shared and left all of my possessions there for a short time. The day I left, I was logged into the game, my ex only had to reach for my PS2 controller in order to drop pretty much every item I owned as well as delete all of my merits. As of now, I've regained every item she tossed...save for one, my Black Belt.

Fast forward to 2010, aside from Spharai my MNK is pretty much perfect...and then there is this unsightly Brown Belt I've been forced to wear for 4 years. In that time, I've sent hundreds of EMails to the Comments/Suggestions center asking them to make the quest for the Black Belt repeatable or to instate some special policy as part of the Item Reimbursement program to allow for the return of items such as Black Belt that give a quest specific Title. Of course, they would have to make it so that this couldn’t be used to a financial advantage…but a Black Belt can’t even be NPC’d. I've also contacted alot of GMs begging for assistance. None of this has helped thus far.

Below are screenshots from my latest GM discussion wherein I actually made him verify my Title as “Black Belt”.

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/a...324_182428.png

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/a...324_182433.png

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/a...324_182439.png

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/a...324_182444.png

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/a...324_182450.png

A few times in the past I’ve had my LS members send EMails requesting the same thing I was, and it hasn’t worked obviously. I placed a petition request on KI years ago as well. I know many feel like the game is dying, and they may be right…but I want this thing back before the end, if it comes to that.

So I humbly request that if you’re reading this, please send an EMail by going to www.playonline.com > Service and Support > Contact > Suggestions and Feedback. This takes a mere two minutes to accomplish. I've been requesting that they do one of the following:

1) The quest “Beat around the Bushin” be changed to Repeatable. Or…
    2) That special provisions be made to return items obtained by quests that grant Titles regardless of time lapsed since the item’s loss.

Maybe if they get 1,000 messages in one day regarding the same thing they will actually do something positive. If anyone has a better idea or suggestion other than “go almost win the Mog Bonanza” or “lawl go lvl PUP”…I’m all eyes.

Thank you for your time.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I do not have a better suggestion than win it in bonanza.

Obligatory play a 2handed DD.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

That sucks. Good luck at getting past the shit customer support.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by stewie View Post
    I do not have a better suggestion than win it in bonanza.
    Friend of mine selected this as his prize from the most recent, because his was tossed and that is the only way he would ever get it back. He did not win unfortunately.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Holy shit. That's quite a story and that must really suck. Posted the suggestion, I really hope this helps.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Talk to a a news reporter and tell em you have gotten sick over it for 18+ hr's...

This is bullshit.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Hey Chaz

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Juli ^^

I like how the GM states he needs evidence in my log right after he said my title was "Black Belt".

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Juli ^^

I like how the GM states he needs evidence in my log right after he said my title was "Black Belt".
    That is not what he meant. He means he wants to be able to see the items being dropped. It has been too long for that to be possible.

and the traveler
    BG Level

if im reading it correctly, why are you solely emailing them? you need to harass people over the phone for shit like that

i even have POL's number saved in my phone from when i harassed them to speed up my 4 month char recovery : 858 790 7529

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Oh I've called...many times. They just say to contact a GM, and then the GM tells you to call in...and so on.

I've sent so many GM calls over this that a GM once opened the dialog with "Is this about your Black Belt?". I said yes and he said "Goodbye.".

They've probably got a file on me larger than Rustymetal.

I know they need to see the phrase "You throw away X item."...but its a flawed system. You can't NPC a Black Belt, and you can't AH or Bazaar it either. If you have the Title, but no Black Belt in your inventory...there is only one method it could have been disposed of in. Essentially, seeing the Title is the same as seeing it get tossed.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

While it may be lame, it is what it is. And I doubt there is any way to recover your Black Belt.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

May want to pick up another job

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Not without policy change or Mog Bonanza...the former being the point of the post.

In the time you've taken to state the obvious you could have EMailed the Suggestions center.

EMail them, don't EMail them...I wasn't expecting much cooperation to come from this but it was my last resort before finally giving up. Can you blame me?

Shallow and Pedantic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    May want to pick up another job
    Did you just tell a fellow Monk to give up on monk!!?!?!?!

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Uryuu View Post
    That is not what he meant. He means he wants to be able to see the items being dropped. It has been too long for that to be possible.
    Let's prove it: (I hated hated hated discrete math, so this probably isn't "technically 100% correct", but still)

P=He has the title
    Q=He has the item

The game holds that when you obtain the title, you also obtain the item. Therefore, we can establish that P=>Q.

We can also say that Q=>P, because if you have the item, you also have the title. Therefore, if P is true, Q must also be true, or P=Q.

Now, a simple investigation will show that the item is not in his inventory, and that he indeed has the title.

To say that he never owned the item would be a clear contradiction. Therefore, based on how this game works (you can't trade rare/ex items) the only possibility is that the item was dropped.

Q.E.D.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I have 7 other jobs...it still eats at a guy.

5/5 Usu looks less impressive without a proper waist item.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Typical response ;/ That really does suck, you should be able to get it back on the title alone considering its a rare/ex and can't even be sold... Sucks that you had to "loose" one of best mnk pieces.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Don't tell me...tell them! Tell them today, and then tell them tomorrow again...rinse and repeat!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast