1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 34 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 25 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 15 hours, 34 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 18 hours, 25 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hermes Shoes     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Hermes Shoes

So... what the hell's the deal with them?

When I first put them on I got the speed boost effect and it lasted quite a while. But then the fun stopped (>; . ;<)

Now they don't boost my speed anymore, and I don't know why or how to fix that. And no, they aren't even damaged in the least so I honestly can't figure it out. I tried taking them off for over an hour to see if there's some kind of timer but... @_@ It doesn't say anywhere in the item's description that it speeds you up either. Same with the Asuran Bazubands, they don't mention that they enhance your primary arm/tool (haven't been able to figure out just what it does either)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Random question thread? At least post there if you don't want to look up the answer.

Apparently they work for 15min per every 24h.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I really wish they put the effects in the item description... I don't like this guessing game they are still playing with enhancements.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    I really wish they put the effects in the item description... I don't like this guessing game they are still playing with enhancements.
    Welcome to Final Fantasy?

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Random question thread? At least post there if you don't want to look up the answer.

Mine lasted 30mins according to the stop watch i had running.

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    Then no one would re-sign up their FFXI ID for the item....

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Welcome to Final Fantasy?
    Quote Originally Posted by plue View Post
    Then no one would re-sign up their FFXI ID for the item....
    I'm aware... but what about "Latent effect: Increases movement speed" or "Enhances weakness recovery" or "Enhances the effectiveness of equipped arm or tool"?

Nothing... at all?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Calina View Post
    Mine lasted 30mins according to the stop watch i had running.
    Yeah, people are giving different reports. Does that 30min include fighting time?

Yeah, people are giving different reports. Does that 30min include fighting time?
    I dident fight anything dident wanna waste the limited timer.

the 30mins includes running from Ul'Dah to the ferry and ferry time to limsa then Ul'Dah to Gridania.

I started the timer as i equipped them and stopped it when it wore off was 30mins 3 sec's and change total so about 30mins if you remove the time it took me to start and stop it.

Unless the time they give varies from use to use like 15-30mins and i just lucked out and got the full time. Well either way ill find out tomorrow ill time them again if it comes to 30mins again i doubt its varies but i guess would still need a few more times in a row to 100% confirm it but if I get 30mins consistently over the next few days am probably right and its 30mins but will see.

Suddenly, my urge to get a new comp and FFXVI before the deal ends has vanished.

They're coming to take me away. Ha Ha!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Psion View Post
    Suddenly, my urge to get a new comp and FFXVI before the deal ends has vanished.
    I still want a new comp, but not for FFXIV anymore... Literally the only good thing I've heard about the game is that a lot of people I knew from FFXI would be playing it. I'm not even sure if that's true anymore if they've heard a fraction of what I have (or played it themselves).

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

its been over 24 hours and my hermes still don't work. I think that you need to repair them to get them to work again (easily done from anywhere assuming you have the repair item and I don't).

Also did any of you get the hand item from FF13? Because I signed up my 13 code but never got them.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I registered my FF13 code back in late May and I didn't get the item either :/

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Reapz Sjc
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

You sign up your copy of FFXIII to Square Enix Members and then you are emailed the code you insert for the Armguards. I had the same problem because I forgot I received an email that long ago

The Bloody Habanero
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

^ off the SE site:

"By registering a first-production-run copy of FINAL FANTASY XIII on SQUARE ENIX MEMBERS, you will receive a special bonus!"

so it has to be a first production run copy and I'm assumimg the bonus it implies is for ff14? I also didn't receive my Hermes and my 11 acc't has been linked and active.

http://member.square-enix.com/na/fea...13/serialcode/

Perfect example of a legitimate question that people can benefit from (especially when the game just came out yesterday?) told to be thrown into the random question thread, where only the OP would know the answer and not the community.

edit: hell even you don't know the answer and you thought you did

Old Merits
    BG Level

A friend online said they started working again, about 24hr after they stopped. I can support the 30min (or 15 to 30min random, I didn't time them) duration. Also you can unequip them and requip them and you get quickening back, + it dies during combat but comes back afterwards.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So random question thread is only for not legitimate questions? And how you are going to decide which are what? Experience shows most people won't.
    I used the word "apparently" because that's what first reports said, to indicate it's not a 100% fact.

Random Question Threads were initially started in the FFXI Standard Forum( I believe it was standard) when the same question was asked 20 times, about things that were common knowledge to most. A good example would be, what is a good spot to solo between levels 20-30. Right now everyone is thrown into the Random Question Threads in lieu of actually using the forums where people can actually get the information and use it. No one is going to search through an 80 page random question thread for a question that might have been answered especially a day after release when everything is still new (Especially when the search function is not the best). It's rather annoying when people ask legitimate questions and people go OMG A QUESTION GO TO THE RANDOM QUESTION THREAD BECAUSE THIS ISNT A FORUM WHERE YOU CAN MAKE TOPICS AND DISCUSS THE FINDINGS ON A GAME THAT JUST CAME OUT YESTERDAY

Next to nothing is common knowledge on a game's release and a lot can be gained by going into further discussion on almost any topic at this point of time.

edit: This wasn't meant to be a personal attack either and I apologize if it sounded like such, just annoying to see the paradigm of the entire forums shift to this mentality and its stuck around for too long imo

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Once u put em on, while they work, the timer starts counting down regardless of u wearing em. I put em on right away, then took em off not wanting to waste them. But when I put them back on later they didn't work