+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Keep coughing shit up, wondering if anyone may know what's up

Being uninsured and poor, of course my #1 source for health information is you jerks.

Basically it's nothing painful or life-threatening, but for months I've been having an issue of mucus constantly being in my throat. I have minor sinus congestion here and there, but basically it's just constant shit in my throat that I keep having to cough/hock up. No matter how many loogies I expel it just keeps a constant stream coming. It really comes on strong shortly after eating or drinking things. I've taken Mucinex D here and there which helps a bit, but I'm out of work right now and can't really afford to keep buying it.

Anyone have any clue wtf this is and/or what to do to get rid of it? Pertinent things: I don't smoke, but I did for a couple of years and have like 1-3 cigarettes when drinking once every couple of months. I don't have any lung pain or difficulty breathing or anything, it's just that having to go to the bathroom or off into a corner of a yard to hock loogies for 5 straight minutes is getting really, really annoying.

Thanks in advance if anyone has anything that'll help.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Lupus

Quote Originally Posted by Hyriu View Post
    Lupus
    It's never lupus.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Fecal vomiting is serious business, you probably have stomach cancer

Spoiler: show
    Do you or have you ever been checked to see if you have a deviated septum? This is a relatively common birth defect, or can be caused by a break of the nose. It can agitate the sinuses, which presents as chronic sinus drainage, resulting in, basically, exactly what you say you have.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

and.... that's the thread /

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tymon View Post
    Fecal vomiting is serious business, you probably have stomach cancer

Spoiler: show
    Do you or have you ever been checked to see if you have a deviated septum? This is a relatively common birth defect, or can be caused by a break of the nose. It can agitate the sinuses, which presents as chronic sinus drainage, resulting in, basically, exactly what you say you have.
    Definitely wasn't born with that, and have never jacked up my nose in any way.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Mucinex will just address the actually mucus, you need to remedy the cause of your sinus's generating more mucus. It's probably allergies (pet, plant, manufactured shit like a funky blanket) that just manifested itself later in life, which they can do. I don't really know how to address that without insurance honestly, but maybe get a job and buy some allegry medicine maybe? or steal it? (and then you'll be accused of making meth !) which get's you into prison where they pay for your health care i think...

we fuckin' stole it man.
    BG Level

grow a mustache and get a fake id, and go to the hospital

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    Definitely wasn't born with that, and have never jacked up my nose in any way.
    It's also possible that you have a problem with your adenoids.

The adenoids are like your tonsils, except they are largely vestigal, and are in the back of the nasal cavity, instead of the throat.

Again, relatively common chronic condition, causes excessive mucus production and chronic (but not constant) sinus infection

Usually they treat this by removing the adenoids, which is minimally invasive, an outpatient procedure, and results in no change in breathing function.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

If you have allergies it could be a sinus infection. I recently went through the worst bout of seasonal allergies I have ever had and by the end sneezing so much had made my sinuses raw and now I have a sinus infection. Is the mucus colored or clear? If it is clear then it is probably just allergies or some other condition that is causing excess mucus creation, if it is colored green or yellow then you have some sort of infection.

DEUS VULT
    FITE ME

BG Level
    Blog Entries

A diary and/or wheat allergy will also produce excess mucus.

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I've had the same problem for about a month. Actually my whole family has had the same cough for a while, even my 4 year old. It all mucus too. I figured it was just allergies and drainage. None of us went to the doctor cause we figured it was just some type of funk.
    My chess still hurts and a cant breeve.

Robbb

Could be the result of excessive stomach acid production? Do you have heartburn a lot?

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by zoobernut View Post
    If you have allergies it could be a sinus infection. I recently went through the worst bout of seasonal allergies I have ever had and by the end sneezing so much had made my sinuses raw and now I have a sinus infection. Is the mucus colored or clear? If it is clear then it is probably just allergies or some other condition that is causing excess mucus creation, if it is colored green or yellow then you have some sort of infection.
    It's clear, very rarely yellow but when that happens I have other symptoms that very clearly point to sinus infections. It could be some sort of late-set allergies, though I've literally never been allergic to anything in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by isladar View Post
    A diary and/or wheat allergy will also produce excess mucus.
    Yes I'm totally allergic to keeping a diary.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbb View Post
    Could be the result of excessive stomach acid production? Do you have heartburn a lot?
    Considering how I eat, amazingly never.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Anyone know a decent OTC allergy medicine to try? If it's that I'll give them a shot I suppose.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Zyrtec, Claritin

Allegra is in my opinion the best allergy medicine available; it's perscription, but ridiculously easy to get. Just about any doctor anywhere will write you a perscription for it, if you can find one without having to go to a clinic, you're set for at least a year

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Zyrtec and Claritin are the OTC ones I use and I also have an Allegra prescription for when it gets really bad. I didn't have allergies really bad when I was little but you can randomly develop environmental allergies later in life and they have begun to get much worse for me lately. Luckily they are seasonal so I am ok during winter.

{Refresh} {Cat}
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Emirii Mei
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I have athsma and get that time to time. If anyone you know has any kind of albuterol inhaler, take it twice a day every other day and spit out whatever you cough up. That stuff is a lung cleaner lol But if it continues, don't take the inhaler more than a week straight...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

2nding the zyrtec/claritin recommendation, also, kroeger, safeway, winco etc all the major supermarkets sell a white pill thats sinus/allergy, only lasts 4 hours but it's suprisingly effective, basically a knock-off of sudafed. being someone that suffers from both all my life it works really well and highly recommend it.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

I've been sporadically coughing up lung/bronchial mucus for the past month too. No other symptoms of illness/allergy at all. I figured it would just go away, but it's been a full month now. It's fairly unobtrusive and minor so I feel dumb going to the doc about it, but I would like it to stop at some point...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast