+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 96 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 83 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kadaj View Post
    So I fought and killed that drake on the hillside in the forest for the first time and it dragonforged my hunter's jacket. Is that just some kinda random thing that happens then?
    Yeah, apparently killing a regular drake has a chance to dragon forge a single piece of armor. Killing the boss dragon will dragonforge all the equipment you are currently wearing.

and Charismatic; The crafting stuff, once you get to Gran Soren and go to the inn, you'll have the ability to "combine" stuff.
    Then at the weapon's store there you'll have the option to "enhance", which will upgrade your weapons and armor.

So... my Gran Soren Inn Keeper is gone.

I have a sneaky suspicion that...
    End Game Stuffs
    Spoiler: show

He is the only one I had high affinity with so he is going to be 'waiting for me' in the end credits'. That is the only thing I can think of since I am at the Final Battle pretty much and he is just gone. I want to know, should I just finish that Final Battle and then get on with post game shit? I am nearly level 50, haven't killed the Drake though, so I might do that first...
    Just REALLY sucks not having access to my storage there in Gran Soren.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    Spent mem. day weekend with a female, bought this game on the way home today... played it for a few hours (but not very long) on PS3 version.
    What do I need to know that the game doesn't do a super great job of explaining? Also, I've gotten things that seem to be for some sort of crafting system but I've yet to see anything involving any such system.

How do I use my crafting items?
    In town at the Blacksmith you'll have the option to Enhance your equipment and it uses the materials. Aside from that if the item says it can be combined you can select combine from the menu there and it will bring up a menu of what you can craft and what you need. If you havent had the item required before it will just be a ?? though.
    As for things you need to know, I guess you'll need to know there is a huge shortcut on the map if you go through a quarry that you'll clear out for a quest. Its semi near town there will be a dude walking around outside of it that will ask you to clear the quarry out.
    You basically cant fast travel on your first playthrough so you'll be walking a lot! Aside from that choose whichever class you want to be and i'd recommend trying to stay on that for a while since your stats will level up differently depending on what class you are when you level.
    But you will eventually need to do lots of other classes because the Augments you get when you level up and purchase (at the inn) carry over to all jobs so there will be augments you'll want on other jobs for your 'main'

Quote Originally Posted by Graelinn View Post

End Game Stuffs

He is the only one I had high affinity with so he is going to be 'waiting for me' in the end credits'. That is the only thing I can think of since I am at the Final Battle pretty much and he is just gone. I want to know, should I just finish that Final Battle and then get on with post game shit? I am nearly level 50, haven't killed the Drake though, so I might do that first...
    Same thing happened to me He wont be in Gran Soren even after the dragon so its a pain in the arse. You'll only have access to an INN in gran soren that doesnt allow access to storage ><

There are more drakes and stuff in the post game world, so I'd say go ahead and do the Final Battle. The only thing that really changes about post game is a few things move around in Gran Soren and it's perpetually dusk. There's also a few new enemies that'll probably smack you around a little bit, but post game is fun!

And yeah, the crafting system is basically just enhancing armor/weapons and combining things to make curatives. I really wish they put a more robust crafting system in this game. In fact, I'd call it my biggest complaint.

Anyways, beat the game and starting NG+ soon. The Everfall part was pretty easy, though there were a few rooms I skipped out on entirely due to horrible monster combinations. Like 2x Cockatrices and a bunch of undead or A Black Chimera, normal Chimera and an Undead Sorcerer/Lich. That shit is not worth it at allll. Hydra and Archydra fights are super fun, though!

Also, the innkeeper is still in Gran Soren during post game. He's in the Pawn's Guild, though, so he took me a few minutes of searching to find.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Graelinn View Post

End Game Stuffs

I don't know if youve beat the game once or not, but if you haven't;
    The dragon kidnaps the person with the highest affinity. I'm not sure how it really works because my first game it was that madeline girl and she had already disappeared after I finished her big questline, so maybe your dude has been kidnapped.

and yeah, post fucked-up world, inn keeper is in the pawn guild.

No Pants, No Problem
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Seems my main is always weighed down pretty good. So tonight I threw a bunch of stuff I've never used into storage. Threw all but 1 Skeleton Key in there. Walking to Blue Moon Tower for the second time and see an area off to the side I didn't see the first time. Inside are a bunch of locked doors that...only skeleton keys can unlock. I spy lots of treasure chests. Always happens lol

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Well after the dragon the person that was kidnapped is forever in your home in the beach town, so if the INN keeper was taken, he will be in your home, offering you lodging... in your own home... for 500 bucks.

Got bored, hired a random level 10 pawn and gave him all Ur-Dragon armor and weapons, spent a few mil upgrading the stuff, then sent them off with the drake king ring as a parting gift since I saw the person who's pawn it was was a mage lul

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Wish someone would do that to my pawn :< or use the damn thing at all

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

If you were on Xbox I could do it again! I have another extra set of that armor~
    I only chose them because they had the only level 10 strider pawn in existence that was a Male lol
    There were 0 level 10 Ranger pawns. Sad day.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Does stuff you equip on them even transfer over? I was under the impression anything in their invo and stuff you equipped on them was sent to your storage.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Are there any front-line classes that can make decent use of the magic attack stat in any way?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Magic Knight is pretty good at melee and magic, seems semi-overpowered to me once you upgrade the magic missile and magic sigils, but probably my favorite class of all the ones i've played.

If you equip a pawn from online it will tell you that if you equip them the item will be gifted to them, and thus lost, so hopefully it didnt just disappear xD

Also its not in the description of the weapon or anything but the Ascalon (Ur-Dragon 1h sword) seems to be causing a random drain effect? Weird that its not in the description

Insert something about rusty weapons not having something in description

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Random pic with my pawn in the back ground who never wants to stand still for a pic or the right away and first wyvern fight....that is still going....so was not expecting this fight....

*EDIT* as of this edit, lost the fight trying to rescue two pawns. Fucking fun fight though. Also added or tried to the bro box crowd (mooshy/mots/grae i think).

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

So I bought another Maker's Arrow thing that kills instantly and shot it at the drake, but this time I was close to the goblins, and apparently the white tentacles that spew out of it also reach for the closest monster and infect it too, and if something is close to that mob, it will isnta kill that one too.
    So I bought yet another and went into the forest to find that damned chimera that had like 10 Saurian adds and shot it in the face with tentacle rape, everything died and it was horrifying.

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    Spent mem. day weekend with a female, bought this game on the way home today... played it for a few hours (but not very long) on PS3 version.
    What do I need to know that the game doesn't do a super great job of explaining? Also, I've gotten things that seem to be for some sort of crafting system but I've yet to see anything involving any such system.

How do I use my crafting items?
    thx kiarax
    ranted about it a few pages back but your main pawn's behavior in battle is determined by two inclinations, primary and secondary. when you figure out what roles you want to play, don't forget to hook up your pawn accordingly. you don't have to follow this EV training type shit; you can raise what you want pretty quickly by trading in rift crystals with the dude near the riftstone at the encampment (this will all make sense fairly soon)
    also props to this game for teaching me how to spell inclinations and madeleine

also sell your gold weapons (they usually say "this item kindda sucks but it's rare man") to this dude named Fournival when you reach the main city. no quests use them apparently

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

Anyone have a good mid30s tank pawn I can use and abuse? The one I'm currently using just keeps dying.

We wear wine red on Wednesdays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh_Quetz View Post
    Anyone have a good mid30s tank pawn I can use and abuse? The one I'm currently using just keeps dying.
    My Aria is 42 if you wanna go that high. My PSN is Eleven19 if you're on PS3.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

I shall give yours a try the next time I hit a Riftstone. I'm currently super exploring right now.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

lvl 101, I dont think my pawn will be used online again for a good while. :'(

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

If I could afford I'd totally try yours out but that's gotta cost some 1million RC to summon lol