Shiina Cassul
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos
    WoW Realm
    Icecrown

Tera: Glyph Builds/Random Class Question thread

I just got my 55 bow from SSG and I want to know if double Aspd is the main stat I'm looking for? Right now I am using a crafted bow that's Lv52 with 15.3% from behind and 9% against bosses and am totally raping shit. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Eddard View Post
    I just got my 55 bow from SSG and I want to know if double Aspd is the main stat I'm looking for? Right now I am using a crafted bow that's Lv52 with 15.3% from behind and 9% against bosses and am totally raping shit. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Some prefer the 16% speed to counteract the stance. If you couldn't be bothered, then +dmg and no %speed like you have now would be ideal imo.

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I figured Archers just used the lowered movement speed stance to keep their attack speed, but then again, my Archer never went past the 38 cap from the closed betas so I wouldn't know for sure.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice View Post
    I figured Archers just used the lowered movement speed stance to keep their attack speed, but then again, my Archer never went past the 38 cap from the closed betas so I wouldn't know for sure.
    I use the lowered movement speed. I think i might be in the minority though, [sarcasm] avoiding bams is hard [/sarcasm.]

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Some people really struggle at avoiding bams ;/

I was randomly enraging a boss in GL just to see who'd live, ended up 2 manning the first boss in GL for about 30min, since the warrior just ran any time the boss looked like he was going to do anything and no one could survive the ball shot apparently ┓(´_`)┏

(think the healer got ressed about 30 times in the run)

Tera: Random Class Question thread

So mp/hp regen crystals for Sorc lvling like most classes? Also what glyphs are good? I have 3 for the Ice needle and the faster cast on fireblast right now.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I use Hunter Crystals (damage on normal mobs) on all my classes. I don't recall running out of MP much before Fireblast, and even then, only in dungeons because the pulls come in a lot more quickly.

For Sorc, the 30% chance to remove cooldown on Magma Bomb, and the Sharing glyph for Fireblast (remove AoE penalty) are really good ones as well.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

You can glyph Fireblast for the reduction in MP or randomly not consume MP as well. I normally keep minion/normal mob dmg crystals on while lvling also.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiina Cassul
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos
    WoW Realm
    Icecrown

Ok sounds good then. I have no issue avoiding a few attacks by bosses.... although some tanks (if not all the ones I've done SSG with) have issues getting the BAM back lol. I'll stick with the dmg modifiers for now. Main reason I was curious was the only time I get stuck in animation is the time between Radiant Arrow and Penetrating Arrow. But the animation is pretty short for RA and either animation for RA or PA can be canceled by Final Salvo. Thanks for the input everyone.

New Merits
    BG Level

Are there diminishing returns on crit rate? As a warrior I can't really notice any difference with someone is using keen charms, where power charms have a very obvious increase in damage.

I really wish someone would put some sort of dps reader so I could at least find out my crit rate and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyima View Post
    Are there diminishing returns on crit rate? As a warrior I can't really notice any difference with someone is using keen charms, where power charms have a very obvious increase in damage.

I really wish someone would put some sort of dps reader so I could at least find out my crit rate and what not.
    Warriors crit so much that I think crit rate crystals and stuff are blah, crit damage and power seems to be a good stat for zyrks and such.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Carving crystals and scrolls, along with keen charms are worthless for a dps warrior. Had a dual warrior party in Kaprima the other day, and someone threw in a keen charm. Ugh. Always go with power on charms, and crit damage+ (in any form) for crystals. Glistening crystals are awesome too, but if you have Infused charm up, having both might be overkill. I'll take the infused charm over the glistening though. Also, I've found forceful crystals to be sadly lacking.

As for zerks, I'm not sure if warrior would prefer power, att spd, or a mix of both.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

What sort of runes/glyphs should a lvl 40ish Lancer be bringing for dungeons/pve/pvp etc

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

In light of the archer discussion and bouncing off the cooldown timers, decided to reroll my disc to all +% dmg stats. Missing the speed and have yet to need to solo anything, but curious as to others thoughts. Fireblast seems painful even with celerity :X

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Senji View Post
    In light of the archer discussion and bouncing off the cooldown timers, decided to reroll my disc to all +% dmg stats. Missing the speed and have yet to need to solo anything, but curious as to others thoughts. Fireblast seems painful even with celerity :X
    1-2 sec fireblast doesn't seem bad to me, don't really have an issue hitting stuff with it O_o

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Senji View Post
    never bothered with +spd on my discs
    i can still get 2 Fireblasts off in 1 celerity and spamming all my other spells. On mele jobs i think it's much more needed but not as much for a class that automatically gets a 70% speed buff... at most you get what 1 extra flaming barrage? the rest of your spells are on cooldown after the first rotation cept barrage

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Saw this awhile ago comparing the atk speed and burst of celerity with a typical Sorcerer rotation. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqcQFIp6vA4
    Doesn't seem like atk speed helps too much when BoC is actually active but this video was taken on the Ktera client so who knows. And like shidobu said, I can still get 2 fireblasts off per BoC without atk speed.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

So war tanking is OP. Contemplating tanking with assault stance + lfg buff, and +dmg crystals instead of mp regen. How long you think it will work until? :D

Everything but HM BT. Maybe not Kaprima.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Anyone know what sort of glyph builds are used for warrior these days, both dps role and tanking role for dungeons?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast