BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Dragon Age 3: Inquistion

Dragon Age 3 confirmed! Let's hope it isn't as bad as the second one.

An open letter from Mark Darrah, Executive Producer
    Hey everyone,

We are going to do things a little differently today. Some of you may not know who I am so to start out, I'm going to tell you a little bit about myself.

I joined BioWare in May of 1997 making this year my 15th year with the Company (So, old…). I am a programmer by training and implemented the AI, scripting, and combat systems in Baldur's Gate. After that, I moved into a lead programmer role on Tales of the Sword Coast, BG2, and Shadows of Amn. I kept my hands dirty during this time; you have me to blame for the wild mage.

After the Baldur's Gate series, I was the lead programmer on Jade Empire, though I made a brief detour to implement the first version of the DM client in Neverwinter Nights.

Then through a weird series of un-relatable stories, I ended up on BioWare's handheld title Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood. I started out as Lead Programmer and finished in charge of the project. Along the way I managed to write a scripting language somehow WORSE than the one in BG, yet at the same time coded a stats system that I am VERY proud of. Fundamentally, the core achievement was that you could not die after you had already; it's surprising how hard that can be to ensure, sometimes.

Finally I moved over to the Dragon Age franchise. I have been the Executive Producer since just before Dragon Age: Origins shipped.

I am part of an active D&D campaign, love collecting pen and paper stuff and like walks on the beach.

Actually I don't like walks on the beach, too smooshy.

Okay, enough about me, why have I called you all here today?

I am pleased to confirm that we are, in fact, working on the next Dragon Age game. Not a big surprise to most of you, I know. We have been working on it in some way for about two years now with the bulk of our efforts ramping up about 18 months ago.

Part of that effort has involved you, our fans, and the feedback you've provided for Dragon Age: Origins, Dragon Age II, and their DLC. We've visited message boards, read reviews, and we've gone to events to have direct face to face conversations with some of our most passionate fans. We've been listening, and we will continue to listen.

Recently, I said that we didn't want to talk about Dragon Age III unless we had something to show. I'm trying to stick to that plan and won't be revealing much today. That said, a lot of information and rumors have surfaced recently and we don't want to hide from them. There are a BUNCH of things that I really want to share with you but I want to do this right, and doing it right requires some more time.

So here's what I can confirm for now:

The next game will be called Dragon Age III: Inquisition.
    We won't be talking about the story of the game today. Though you can make some guesses from the title.
    This game is being made by a lot of the same team that has been working on Dragon Age since Dragon Age: Origins. It's composed of both experienced BioWare veterans and talented new developers.
    We are working on a new engine which we believe will allow us to deliver a more expansive world, better visuals, more reactivity to player choices, and more customization. At PAX East, we talked about armor and followers… Yeah, that kind of customization. We've started with Frostbite 2 from DICE as a foundation to accomplish this.
    There's much more to talk about, of course, but it will have to wait until it's ready for the prime time.

We are going to be as open as we can. We will continue to have a dialogue with you and answer what questions we can. Keep providing us with your feedback. I'm excited about what we are working on and I hope that you will be too. I know this is going to be hard to believe, but it is just as hard for me not to tell you stuff as it is for you to wait.

With thanks for your enthusiasm, and your patience,

Mark
    http://dragonage.com/inquisition/

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Not even remotely interested in anything Bioware has to offer after ME3. Add on top of that the catastrophe that DA2 was and this is an easy not buying for me.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Nope, no hype.
    DA2 and ME3 have charred bridges badly.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Cantih View Post
    Nope, no hype.
    DA2 and ME3 have charred bridges badly.
    I suspect that a LOT of people are going to have the same reactions that you and I have.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Never played the ME series (own them, but haven't played them), so I didn't get to have the full on disappointment of ME3. DA2 was bad, but not bad enough for me to write off the series.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Going to be cautious about this. Will probably wait to see if things have been fixed since DA2 before signing on for this.

DA:O is one of my favourite games, in comparison DA2 was fun for the story but the gameplay was way to streamlined for me (not to mention the game itself). If it's like DA:O I might be interested, if it's like DA2 then paaaaaass.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Based off EA's recent comments about multiplayer, it's a given we're going to see some form of multiplayer here. I'm still not sure how I feel about it, even though I would love a DA:O style game with co-op.

I'm optimistic that the backlash from DA2 and ME3 has truly affected their development. They really keep pushing how open they are to the community's comments. I won't buy it day one, but I will definitely check out the reviews.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

And here I am only four hours into DA:O.

Hard enough for me to get invested into an RPG nowadays. From a business perspective though I feel they won't regress back to DA:O's design for DA3, and rather just build off of what they did with DA2 better.

After the disaster ME3's ending was (not to mention the entirety of DA2), I'm not touching this game with a 10-foot pole.
    What's the point of getting invested into a series, only to be left with a bitter aftertaste after several years of anticipation?

THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Re: Dragon Age 3: Inquistion

Another wave!

Of shit.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

One thing that would really pique my interest is if we get a game about Morrigan's kid. And if that kid is the same thing Sandal had the eerie prophecy about.

2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Loved DA:O. Hated DA2. No touchy DA3.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Nobody respects the DA Inquisition.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    One thing that would really pique my interest is if we get a game about Morrigan's kid. And if that kid is the same thing Sandal had the eerie prophecy about.
    This is my guess too.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Ayn View Post
    Oh God, lol.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

I'm probably in the minority here but DA:O was just a little TOO much story for me or the dungeons were too intense. Remember doing the mage tower the first time and it took FOREVER and then I got thrown into the fade and that took just as long. Even replaying the scenarios and skipping everything it's just a bit much for me.

Think the reason the mage tower was brutal for me the first time was because I was a mage who wanted to be all supportey so the only attack spell I had was arcane bolt and the first freeze move.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I am excited for this. I loved Origins and was still able to enjoy DA2 despite its major flaws. I could never get in to any other of Bioware's games (except SWTOR, briefly), so I can't say my view on them is that tainted. If they learned their lessons well from DA2 and improve upon what is established I will be happy. I think DA has pretty great writers for the most part. I am interested to see where they take the story.

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Quote Originally Posted by Ayn View Post

No one expects it either !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 64 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast