• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

certain keyboard combinations not working when pressing 3 buttons at a time

just a regular lenovo keyboard. if i'm holding down W + E, certain 3rd keys aren't working at all (C, 2, 3, S, etc.)

normally this isn't a problem in everyday typing but for gaming i'm often chasing stuff down and the keys aren't going off when i need them the most.

i already posted on lenovo forums, but i'm really just wondering if anyone else has had any similar experiences with their keyboards? i wonder if it's poor technical design or something?

i really love this keyboard cause it's slim and super quiet (plus i just bought it) so i'd hate to have to pick up something new, but i kind of doubt this is an easily fixable problem.

help appreciated, thanks

Onto plan B...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The keys are separated into certain regions and can only handle two keys from each region being pressed at the same time. Lots of gaming keyboards end up adding anti-ghosting features in the WASD region for reasons like your own. When buying a keyboard, look for the key rollover stat to determine if the keyboard can handle normal gaming key combinations.

All you ever want to know: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rollover_%28key%29

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

ah thanks so much. i kind of suspected it might be something like this. time to shop for a new keyboard

Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

ah thank you!

it says though some kb's market as anti-ghost but aren't really fully anti-ghost.

is this something i need to worry about when i'm looking for a new kb?

also, anyone have any recommendations for a slimmer line of mechanical/gaming keyboards?

Onto plan B...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

They market them as anti-ghosting, but the only region that is anti-ghosted is the wasd region for gaming specific uses. I'd check the thread a few post down about mechanical keyboards. I can't say anything bad about WASD or the Corsair K70. Das is pretty slim and nice, but you can read about the problems I experienced with mine in that thread.

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

A lot of mechanical keyboards will have NKRO, meaning you can press every button on the keyboard independently and it'll work.
    Most of that will only work if plugged into PS2 and will only give 6KRO when connected via usb. Although 6 is usually good enough.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

thanks for all the help, guys.

i ended up going out and buying a mechanical keyboard and it's super gg. really like it a lot!