Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

The October Version Update is Coming Soon! (09/24/2014)

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...3130/13130.jpg

Brace yourselves, for the next version update is scheduled for early October!

Taking center stage are a new Wings of the Goddess-related quest and high-tier battlefields starring your favorite avatars!

The accompanying cast includes an expansion of the equipment sets feature, various job adjustments, and the ability to store stones obtained from alluvion skirmishes!

Get ready for fun this October!

Campaign
    BG Level

If you can see how things will end by the way they begin... this is going to be another pretty underwhelming patch.
    No new story missions (I expected this honestly), some cool quests, high tier Avatars, more lolequipment sets and lolalluvion stones. I mean... duh, I'm not particularly excited.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

I bet ilvl avatars drop avatears

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    more lolequipment sets and lolalluvion stones. I mean... duh, I'm not particularly excited.
    Silly to lol things they add as QoL improvements for non-windower users. Even if they're not perfect, something is better than nothing. Going to love the stone storing bit myself, hi2u 70+ inventory slots back. Wonder if any of the avatars will drop new gear, or just old gear with ilvl added. Most of their weapons and drops never really struck me as good or useful, maybe Ifrit's Blade for Blu..

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

...They did say they wanted to make an upgrade for the Evoker's Ring. Could this be their method of doing so?

Ah who am I kidding, they forgot they said that didn't they?

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Wow, was not expecting more avatar fights. Sounds neat. Looks like Cait Sith will be getting some needed adjustments as well.

Campaign
    BG Level

Well, I at least hope the avatars fights will allow my RUN to shine a bit :D

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Tarage View Post
    ...They did say they wanted to make an upgrade for the Evoker's Ring. Could this be their method of doing so?

Ah who am I kidding, they forgot they said that didn't they?
    i am expecting the return of elemental staves in form of avatar staves. yaie for -8 inventory space again! prolly even useing the same model as ele staves. i really hope for avatar accecoire drops or armor not weapons.

tbh i was expecting avatar hm battles at some point. Run will be delicious for those fights with pt valliance.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    yaie for -8 inventory space again!
    Don't give them ideas please! ><

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

ilvl all old content.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Ahh now we can mock this game too for having 3 tiers of avatar fights.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    not really, the 3 tiers of avatar fights have years inbetween them not 1-2 months lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Priran View Post
    I bet ilvl avatars drop avatears
    I can totally see that.

Also: looks like Cait Sith is getting Her +75 BPs... Unless Her "merit" BP is weird eye bomb.... I have to wonder why they wouldn't "spoil" the much needed and much asked for damage BP...

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Don't give them ideas please! ><
    what I am hopeing for:
    avatar earrings, avatar ammos, and a belt with iridescence

what we will get:
    useless ilvld avatar weapons
    elemental staves
    and weather/day latent effect belts/other shit

looks like avatars seem to have some weaken trigger you need to hit with element they are weak too according to the 2 red !! otherwise it will be impossible to down them? the RUN is useing Unda (Water) lunge/swipe and that triggered !! on Ifrit.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

If you can see how things will end by the way they begin... this is going to be another pretty underwhelming patch.
    No new story missions (I expected this honestly), some cool quests, high tier Avatars, more lolequipment sets and lolalluvion stones. I mean... duh, I'm not particularly excited.
    Someone been emo lately... I think new avatar fights are cool, I was expecting them eventually. I wonder if we'll see the soon to be new SMN BP's in action.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Someone been emo lately... I think new avatar fights are cool, I was expecting them eventually. I wonder if we'll see the soon to be new SMN BP's in action.
    I dont mind the fights, its refresh to engage the olde "new" avatars as a PT again in hard battles, but we all know that entertainment will last for 2-3 weeks tops and then it fades. I hope tough that if we get ilvl-Legion (which we will get) we get a hall filled with multiple avatars:

garuda ifrit ramuh carbuncle, megabosses caitsith and alexander
    shiva leviathan titan fenrir, megabosses atomos and odin

and then the obligatory delve bosses hall obviously!

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    You mean four, been having 3 for quite a while
    Trial Sized, Normal and the other high level ones needed for the Carby long chainquest, ending with the final fight with all the avatars and Fenrir and Carby and shit in Full Moon Fountain.

I dont mind the fights, its refresh to engage the olde "new" avatars
    Thinking back about that, I'm excited about avatar fights because I hope I'll be able to use RUN xD
    I agree they won't last long but it's better than nothing.
    I'm just a bit disappointed because I'm waiting for something "big", something that gets released and you feel it's just the first step in a long series of linked events that will be eventually released.
    We've just been getting small things to kill time while we wait for this "something", and this long wait is stressing me, I guess.

I hope tough that if we get ilvl-Legion (which we will get) we get a hall filled with multiple avatars:
    Not sure I want that, not the way Legion was.
    There are good things about Legion (how it required a lot of teamwork, coordination, strategy etc) but it arrived in-game too late, after players had been spoiled by years of insanely powerful drops and easy content of course you kinda were forced to see Legion with different eyes.

But more than this, I think Legion's difficulty was tuned in a way I don't like. It wasn't directly a "fault" in Legion's tuning maybe, but the indirect consequence that at the time there were too powerful buffs (embrava, etc) available to players.
    The result though was that of getting very specific setups with little freedom, low accessibility and annoying TP moves which required players to resort to very cheap strategies to win efficiently.
    I don't like that much, honestly.

Ah also last but not least, it was always the same fucking dark room, with little spacing. It all got boring after a couple of months max.
    I'd rather have them release a new event INSPIRED by the philosophy behind Legion but developed better honestly (Legion always gave me the impression of being a low budget thing developed with very little resources as they were trying to decide what to do of FFXI)

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

I dont mind the fights, its refresh to engage the olde "new" avatars as a PT again in hard battles, but we all know that entertainment will last for 2-3 weeks tops and then it fades. I hope tough that if we get ilvl-Legion (which we will get) we get a hall filled with multiple avatars:

garuda ifrit ramuh carbuncle, megabosses caitsith and alexander
    shiva leviathan titan fenrir, megabosses atomos and odin

and then the obligatory delve bosses hall obviously!
    Yeah we need something like that, I would enjoy another Legion. Maybe after Adoulin finishes though so they can use all the mega bosses from Adoulin.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

And the Shantotto missions.

As I recall they were planning on adding that Shuriken Kick Attack trait or whatever to NIN this patch, so I'm looking forward to how it won't fix anything with the job.

Bonus points if it runs off of ranged stats still while you're meleeing so you just randomly get to see misses in the battle log.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast