+ Reply to Thread
    wotg torrent kitty :3
    BG Level

Minecraft: Story Mode (by Telltale)

Spoiler: show

Yes, it's real:

https://mojang.com/announcing-minecraft-story-mode/
    In other news, we’re collaborating with Telltale Games to create Minecraft: Story Mode! Here are some bullet points to celebrate!

• Minecraft: Story mode will be a narrative-driven video game created by Telltale Games. It will be about Minecraft.
    • Mojang is collaborating with Telltale and members of the community to make Minecraft: Story Mode as Minecrafty as possible.
    • The first episode will be released some time in 2015, and will be available on Xbox consoles, PlayStation consoles, PC, Mac, iOS, and Android-based devices.
    • Minecraft: Story Mode will be released episodically, just like The Wolf Among Us, The Walking Dead, or the recent Tales from the Borderlands, which is another developer-collaboration series between Telltale Games and Gearbox Software.
    • We’re not intending on creating an “official” story for Steve, or explaining the world of Minecraft in detail. It will be a cool game.
    • The Minecraft 2 thing was a joke. No really. It was a joke.
    http://www.telltalegames.com/blog/categories/blog

As 2014 comes to a close, we are delighted to confirm our partnership with Mojang to create a new episodic game series based on one of the most popular video games in history - Minecraft.

Minecraft: Story Mode will be an all-new narrative-driven game series developed by Telltale in collaboration with Mojang. Set in the world of Minecraft, the series will feature an original story, driven by player choice. It will not be an add-on for Minecraft, but rather a separate stand-alone product that will premiere in 2015 on consoles, computers and mobile devices.

Telltale's game series will mix new characters with familiar themes, in an entirely original Minecraft experience, inspired by the Minecraft community and the game that continues to inspire a generation.

For more information on why Telltale and Mojang chose to work together, visit Mojang's blog.

2014 is Telltale's tenth anniversary year; seeing in the climactic finales of the critically acclaimed and best-selling The Wolf Among Us and The Walking Dead: Season Two. With the recent premieres of both Game of Thrones and Tales from the Borderlands, our 2015 lineup will include the remainder of both of those new series, and now it will also include the premiere of Minecraft: Story Mode.
    I was hyped after the tweets about a new project from Telltale in 2015 in collaboration with another dev, but this...

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

u wot m8

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aevis View Post
    this...

My reaction.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Thirding the direwolf reaction.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

telltale what are you doing

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    telltale what are you doing
    Selling out of course! They already got Borderlands and Game of Thrones attached to their company log now, so going straight for the most popular game in the last decade sounds like a no-brainer.

That said, I've no idea what they can do to make an 'engaging' story out of Minecraft with its visuals. People are pretty used to making their own stories as they explore their generated worlds.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

At least when I hear Telltale + Borderlands or GoT I have an idea of what is going on.

When you tell me this...

Minecraft: Story mode will be a narrative-driven video game created by Telltale Games. It will be about Minecraft.
    Mojang is collaborating with Telltale and members of the community to make Minecraft: Story Mode as Minecrafty as possible.
    We’re not intending on creating an “official” story for Steve, or explaining the world of Minecraft in detail. It will be a cool game.
    I don't even...

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

it will be an interactive story of someone building a castle out of dirt and overcoming the adversity of living as a human in a monster's world

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

:< 6souls you silly bunny. Did you post this in the wrong thread?

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mina View Post
    :< 6souls you silly bunny. Did you post this in the wrong thread?
    Nope, it was the first thing that came to my mind while lurking earlier today.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    Nope, it was the first thing that came to my mind while lurking earlier today.
    Ah for some reason I thought it was actually meant for another thread that this would be relevant in.

wotg torrent kitty :3
    BG Level

Honestly tho, I also thought nothing of the Lego movie announcement and that one turned out AWESOME(!). It's more a dissapointment that they picked Minecraft when you think of all the other possibilites like Bioshock/Mass Effect/Star Wars/Dragon Age etc.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

You’ll control protagonist Jesse throughout the season, as portrayed by actor Patton Oswalt. Jesse and his group of friends revere the legendary Order of the Stone; four adventurers who slayed an Ender Dragon. The Order are the very best at what they do: Warrior, Redstone Engineer, Griefer, and Architect. While at EnderCon, Jesse and his friends discover that something is wrong… something dreadful. Terror is unleashed, and they must set out on a journey to find The Order of the Stone if they are to save their world from oblivion.

The season will feature Patton Oswalt, Brian Posehn, Ashley Johnson, Scott Porter, Martha Plimpton, Dave Fennoy, Corey Feldman, Billy West, and Paul Reubens. Look for further casting details to come!
    https://www.telltalegames.com/blog/9...t-cast-details