Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Random synth interupts and loss of mats

Whilst bulk synthing, over the course of about 120 synths, I got the message that my synth was interrupted and mats/crystal were lost a total of 6 times. Others near by also had the same thing happening, in bastok markets. /blockaid did not prevent it from happening, not that i saw anyone casting anything on me, but to my knowledge the only way to interrupt is casting on someone mid synth, or be forced to zone or forced into a CS mid synth (ferry, besieged CS, etc). I don't know if this is a known bug, but I lost more to this than to breaks.

Does anyone know if this has been acknowledged by SE? 5% total loss of mats makes me want to not use any expensive ingredients until its resolved

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Hmmm I haven't bulk synthed since last update but wasn't doing that for me then. Did you check to make sure you actually lost all the mats?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I didn't think to see if the mats were actually lost ( I was cutting geodes/avatarites at the time, did i have 68 shivites or 67 before...?) but thats a good point. Looking a little closer later on, I noticed it seems to be HQ animation (seriously wtf)> synth interupted mats/crystal loss message most if not every time it happens. It continued to happen all weekend, even back to back a few times, but overall roughly ~5% of the time. I'll do some more tonight and see if the mats are really disappearing.

I suspect it started last update but can't say for sure, but I sure never noticed it before this weekend. A lot of times I'm macro synthing while doing salvage or something on my other char.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I just did about 50 synths last night and nothing... maybe you are accidently hitting another macro too and that's interrupting? Also I seem to recall at one point there was a glitch where it said you lost all ingredients but you didn't or isn't that what it says when you test levels via engaged mobs?

Did another 30 this morning only 1 fail but it was a normal you lost crystal and specific named ingredients

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Has anyone had issues with /lastsynth where sometimes if you do it too quick it locks your character down? About 5-6x when crafting over the course of the last couple weeks, when i use lastsynth, my character crafts then stands up, but i can't move or take any action. I always have to either call a GM or X out of ffxi(wont let me logout or warp, and people can't target me for D2 or teleports).

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

All of the described issues are likely due to addons/programs that mess with packets.

shaggnix is probably describing a 0x59 outgoing packet being sent prematurely.
    Ophannus is describing being locked in crafting status.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Never experienced a status lock before. Wasn't sure if it's SE's fault with lastsynth or some addon. It's random, can happen on my second synth or 80th synth.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    All of the described issues are likely due to addons/programs that mess with packets.

shaggnix is probably describing a 0x59 outgoing packet being sent prematurely.
    Ophannus is describing being locked in crafting status.
    I'm on xbox, is that still possible?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    I just did about 50 synths last night and nothing... maybe you are accidently hitting another macro too and that's interrupting? Also I seem to recall at one point there was a glitch where it said you lost all ingredients but you didn't or isn't that what it says when you test levels via engaged mobs?

Did another 30 this morning only 1 fail but it was a normal you lost crystal and specific named ingredients
    I did consider this, but even still, usualy hitting a macro mid synth just gives me a message "can not perform that action during synthesis". Happens sometimes with lag and the 6x /lastsynth macro, sometimes the last 1 or 2 try to go off to soon, and its never caused an interupt before.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Well, it could easily be a glitch in SE's programming and both situations could be caused by failures of 0x59 packets to be sent (Shaggix) or not sent (Ophannus). I actually control when my 0x59 packet is sent, so it doesn't occur to me.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I submitted a bug report a while ago (was accepted, never fixed) detailing that if you start a synth as soon as the "New Challenge!" animation appears for timed RoE, you'll get an instant and critical fail. This only affects 1-2 seconds every couple hours, but shows that there's at least 1 synth crit-fail inducing bug not attributed to any addons/programs (I run vanilla FF).

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Hmmm.... If I could log the packets sent to/from the server in this situation then I could probably fix it for windower users at least.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Known Issues
    When performing synthesis, the synthesis will occasionally be canceled and the materials and crystals lost even though the visual effects for a successful synthesis are displayed.
    It is a known issue.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

well, to update this, my materials were not being lost, even though the message said they were. That's something at least. Its still terrible that it only seems to come after an HQ animation.