+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Laevateinn Owners     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Laevateinn Owners

Trying to gather some opinions on this weapon in terms of how, if at all, it changed your playstyle and gearing, etc. Example would be did it bring some new enjoyment factor to the job? Ideal methods for maintaining AM? Do you use BLM more now that you have it?

With all the additional Occult Acumen augment gear, toying with next mythic ideas, and my long love for this job in all the lore of FF, it got me thinking.

interestingly enough,the only reason i would get a mythic would be a sam or smn...possibly mnk as a third option. but they are increasingly becoming risky options depending on strength alterations updates provide. im 6 scoria invested with maybe 5-10k alex somewhere abouts i think..going on third mythic.firstwhm.ssecondbrd... not sure what to even get at this point or if maybe someone see's more value now with a smn/sam, because of comparing the rate of increased potency from augmented gear this last update provided ? The smn is definitely something to not miss if it ends up becoming the long time winner of potency and value for what your paying at todays/lastyear's rate. iono just something to think about for people who aren't set in stone on a pure dd mythic investment. what do others have to say about this topic of trying to make a good value buy/decision and are in the market because they haven't pulled the trigger yet

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Alluvion staff should beat Nirvana. And recently thf mythic became all kinds of awesome. So yeah shit changes a lot. I'd just get whichever one you like. A good way to help ensure you do a high end AM2 and not AM3 is to carry around Chrysopoeia Torque for in case you hit 3000

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

can't go wrong with yagrush or carnwenhan (if you play those jobs). they have very nice utility.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I've never been one to be accused of seeing the utility in things lol. I do begrudgingly pay whm but have no interest in making a yagrush, and thankfully we have a couple already. My first mythic was my murgleis, so like I said, I can't be accused of making sense

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Alluvion staff should beat Nirvana for pure potential magic damage.
    ftfy

Nirvana still gives a truckload of m.acc and wins, by far, on physical BPs

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Implying you can't make a pet macc Keraunos as well .

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I made a Liberator because I like DRK and it was my first job in like 2005

make what you want, not what's good. If it isn't what you want you won't have the drive to finish it

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

don't make a burtgang.... atonement killshots can suck my dick.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Nirvana still gives your pet some ilvls doesnt it? Is that not useful?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Implying you can't make a pet macc Keraunos as well
    You can't augment m.acc and mab at the same time afaik, could be wrong though

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by geno3302 View Post
    You can't augment m.acc and mab at the same time afaik, could be wrong though
    Pet mab and macc no but that's why I said it like I did implying a 2nd one . Theoretically you could make another one with idk pet att crit rate da rate and bp dmg but no idea if we even know enough to math out how that would compare to nirvana on physical.

ALso someone said you still get the stat boost if you switch quickly so guess if you really want to max out your dmg would still want nirvana

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Squah View Post
    I made a Liberator because I like DRK and it was my first job in like 2005

make what you want, not what's good. If it isn't what you want you won't have the drive to finish it
    Actually, Liberator is DRK's best weapon right now, even if it can't compete with skillchaining thieves or samurais.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    Actually, Liberator is DRK's best weapon right now, even if it can't compete with skillchaining thieves or samurais.
    For sure. But any place you can take a DRK you'd be better off bringing a THF or a SAM. It's still good, but it would have been "functionally better" as a Vajra or Koga. But, I wanted a Liberator, not either of those, so I made it. :D Also SE specifically mentioned they want to give DRKs a reason to use Scythe, so until they reveal what they actually meant by that, I'm permanently half-chub. (Insurgency is 20%STR/INT. With Lib and capped acc/att @1k it averages 6600~ on spreadsheet. If they kick it up to 50/50 like cross/quietus, that average surpasses the 9000 mark. SE pls)

I've 5stepped Darkness with Lib and it does a shitload of damage, just kinda sucks I have to close the 5step with Quietus lol

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm still waiting for SE to reveal their plans on how they intend to make scythes "more attractive" for drks.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    I'm still waiting for SE to reveal their plans on how they intend to make scythes "more attractive" for drks.
    Hope: increase wsDMG via fTP or WSmod increases
    Reality: add magic damage+ to every iLevel scythe to promote the casting aspect of DRK

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I thought the same thing^ or enhance absorbs substantially with scythes and occult acumen.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Absorbs are actually pretty potent already with Liberator and a good absorb set. You can get +65 (deteriorating) for 2:20 or +61 (deteriorating) for 2:30 with Nether Void, which is pretty damn good.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Barring like 5-10 extra macc, I have essentially the best macc absorb set you can get and it resists on anything important (not with DS/NV obviously).

Sucking 60+ agi or VIT off of a target really kicks alliance DPS up quite a bit. It's pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Squah View Post
    Hope: increase wsDMG via fTP or WSmod increases
    Reality: add magic damage+ to every iLevel scythe to promote the casting aspect of DRK
    Really? Cause given their current MO of stuff...
    Eg: Matsui seems to have more common sense/has learned how humans think... Vs Tanaka's pure orange and purple alien god mentality.
    I would suspect them to make all multihit (Scythe has like 20 vs everyone else's 1~2) WSs have ƒTP transfer...
    Probably with some ƒTP points increased on top of that.
    Honestly... They should just make all Xhit transfer ƒTP... Since now it's rarer that they don't.

Back on topic: If you actually do Vido.....
    I've never seen a BLM with one every do a single WS except Myrkr... And for some reason there's a LOT of mythic BLMs on Odin.
    Now, mind you, it's only PUGs I'm dealing with since I don't know them personally...
    So they were probably just being lazy...
    Lord knows I do BLM lazily whenever I'm never on it...