Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Saved by the bell (Geo ergon fight)

Hello all.
    After ages of doing inane coalition assignments, I can finally start the geo ergon quest. I unlocked the battlefield and feel like a terrible noob because I cannot beat it.

Gear:
    Gear
    Ngqoqwanb dunna
    helios hat, stoicheion medal, friomisi, hecate
    helios, helios, strendu, +6 int diamond ring
    toro, aswang, helios, helios

Food, c. snow cone
    (all helios gear augmented with atleast 15mab)

I understand the basics of the fight, kill loupons to damage geomancer enemy. Still, my T1 nukes do about 450 with this gear. If I toss on Indi-(MAB) they start hitting for 520ish. I normally time out with the boss at 30-40 % hp remaining.

I was wondering if someone could help me out with this. I have added 2x fenrir+1 rings, zuuxoqu grip, dosis tathlum to my to buy list, but will need about a week to get them all.

Strategy-wise, do people use indi regen or indi-(Mab)? Do I bother using a geo spell? Should I only nuke from west side of loupons? I brought instant shell and a vile potion and vile+1 potion.

Any help for recognizing which element to use faster? Some of them are very hard to figure out for me. Ice based ones, darkness, and Wind based ones are the easiest for me to recognize.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Stick with Indi-Refresh on yourself and alternate between T1 and T2 nukes to kill Luopans faster. As long as Indi-Refresh is up MP shouldn't be an issue. If you get hit hard by one of her nukes, or if your HP start getting low, drop a cheap MP Luopan of your own (Geo-Regen) and pop it with Mending Halation to get about 1k if your HP back. Same applies if your MP gets low (Radial Arcana)

Based on your original post, it looks like you should have enough MAB to finish the Luopans quickly.

As for recognizing which nuke to use, rather then eyeball the Luopan's aura, you should learn and memorize the element of each Luopan instead. It will also save you a great deal of time. If you have Monster Ability text filtered out, consider removing that filter for this fight, because knowing what Geo spell is being cast on you will make a huge difference in terms of knowing what element you need to nuke it with.

Magitek

I'm sad this thread has nothing to do with Zach or Slater

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Yeager View Post
    Stick with Indi-Refresh on yourself and alternate between T1 and T2 nukes to kill Luopans faster. As long as Indi-Refresh is up MP shouldn't be an issue. If you get hit hard by one of her nukes, or if your HP start getting low, drop a cheap MP Luopan of your own (Geo-Regen) and pop it with Mending Halation to get about 1k if your HP back. Same applies if your MP gets low (Radial Arcana)

Based on your original post, it looks like you should have enough MAB to finish the Luopans quickly.

As for recognizing which nuke to use, rather then eyeball the Luopan's aura, you should learn and memorize the element of each Luopan instead. It will also save you a great deal of time. If you have Monster Ability text filtered out, consider removing that filter for this fight, because knowing what Geo spell is being cast on you will make a huge difference in terms of knowing what element you need to nuke it with.
    ^all of this + Seidr Cotehardie make this fight very easy. But Seidr Cotehardie isnt needed, just a bonus (for MP management).

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Better than memorizing, making a list of all the spells and do some sort of grouping to help you see what they are quickly. I did mine as an alphabetical list and highlighted them with the element (color) I needed to nuke so I didn't have to do any thinking - scan the list for the spell that was cast and nuke that color (element).

Also, look into Magic Damage gear more, I guess. Buremte Hat w/ aug, Otomi Gloves, Umbani Boots, Sekhmet Corset. I went back and looked and my nukes were doing 580-620 on the luopans. I used Indi-Regen the entire time and all T1 nukes to get them down. The fight took ~10 min.

I just beat this. I did end up making a chart with the loupons on it. even then, I occasionally had difficulty telling them apart. I had planned to get about 40 more magic damage + from gear, but was antsy to try it again and went without i.
    What really made a difference was idling in refresh gear +5 with the rest being -dt/-mdt gear. Mitigating 40% of incoming damage + converting 3% of it into mp helped a ton with surviving. My magic attack gear did 450 ish for t1, 520 ish with food and Indi-Acumen. I would do t2>>t1>t1>t2 to kill a loupon. I'm sure better gear would have made it even easier too.

Thank you all for all of the advice to beating this fight.