Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Campaign
    BG Level

The "what you expect from empy reforge" thread!

What do you guys expect from empy reforge?
    In general I expect them to be in line with AF and Relic reforge.
    I don't expect them to update the set bonuses, but I do expect them to update the Job specific enhancements, at least most of them.
    Here's a more specific insight on what I expect:

Monk
    Spoiler: show

Head: Meh
    Body: A powerful WS option, impressive for when Impetus is up
    Hands: On par/better than Hesychast hands, at least for acc sets?
    Legs: Taeon are better than Hesy atm I think. These could become better than Hesy, probably not better than Taeon
    Feet: On par/better than Sokushitsu? They might come up with slightly higher STR than other 119 items so they could be nice for Vsmite

Puppetmaster

Head: PUP doesn't have many head options (well... Taeon!). This could be a nice one
    Body: Nice for lolshijin, probably other WSs too, likely gonna be a nice TP option but inferior to others
    Hands: Meh
    Legs: Really nice TP option at least, and for pet sets, maybe hybrid ones too
    Feet: Decent WS option at least

Ninja

Head: Best TP option for DW sets
    Body: Best WS option for Hi, maybe other WSs too, will probably will still inferior to Thaumas for pure damage non-DW TP sets
    Hands: Not sure it's gonna be better than Sasuke for Hi, maybe a decent acc TP option?
    Legs: Meh, maybe acc sets alternative
    Feet: Meh, but if the Utsusemi enhancement gets boosted it's gonna be hot

Dancer

Head: nomnomnom Climactic Flourish WS option
    Body: nomnomnom DW TP set
    Hands: SC option, Reverse, maybe Rudra
    Legs: Evasion se... ehr no, meh.
    Feet: Not sure, STP is nice, don't think it's gonna be anything especially great

Summoner

Head: Idle, Favor, Skill. Nomnom
    Body: Favor sets, skill sets, maybe better than Convoker's for BP rage? Even with the same +12% BP damage it would have +skill on it and that would make it slightly better
    Hands: Meh, Mana Cede? But +2 already arguably gives too much TP already, so I dunno
    Legs: Better than Adapa+1 for skill? Plus Blood Boon .These could have been great if Helios didn't exist
    Feet: If the Macc is high enough, they could be useful for debuff Wards. If they have at least -5 perp they could open up nice perp setups

Scholar

Head: Regen, Enha skill, Ebullience, Rapture, need I say more?!
    Body: Probably going to be a nice nuking/acc option, don't think it will be better than other existing option but it could be a decent inventory saver for average players
    Hands: That Perpetuance :Q_ _
    Legs: Well, good macc option for debuffs, especially white magic ones. Plus Parsimony etc
    Feet: Those sexy nukes with Klimaform up *-*

Bard

Head: Best precast, pretty much the same as now but with an ilevel!
    Body: Possibly trumping Brioso+1 on midcast debuffs, hoping for an increase in the song duration thing. 12% at least please!
    Hands: Very likely they're gonna become the best debuff piece for songs
    Legs: Hope so much they're gonna stick song duration on these, but I doubt that will happen
    Feet: Movespeed +18 plz!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

God tier:

DRG body
    DRG legs

WHM body
    WHM Legs

SAM body
    SAM legs

MNK body
    MNK legs?
    MNK feet?

RDM body

RNG hands?
    RNG legs?

WAR feet

BRD body
    BRD hands

don't care enough about other jobs

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

RUN:
    general: on all armor pieces alot of enmity since AF and Relic lack
    Head: enhancing magic skill+ and duration with resistance + to elementals
    Body: an offensive based body piece that ups the dmg slightly of the runes en-effect
    Hands: defensiv based hands with DT- and some form of Fastcast and resistence status to all ailments
    Legs: Vivacious Pulse piece that ups its cure potency
    Feet: MAB based Lunge/Swipe
    SET:Either a setbonus that gives +Stats according to runes used (like BRD empy giving + stats to songs) OR set bonus that enhances vivacious pulse further.

GEO:
    Head: Refresh piece with enfeebling magic and m.acc prolly, special: enhances effect of Geo/Indi-Fury
    Body: Defensiv based body piece with - dmg taken on luopan and player with add effect: convert 5% dmg taken of luopan into MP or some stupid stuff like that.
    Hands: Fast cast piece with some Mab propertys prolly, special: enhances effect of Geo/Indi-Refresh
    Legs: prolly some nukeing piece, special: enhances effect of Geo/Indi-Haste
    Feet: Geomancy skill+ piece with enhancment to Indi-spell duration, special: enhances effect of Geo/Indi-Regen
    SET: either occasionally lets your luopan take 0 dmg or you gain a elemental magic+ attack boost corresponding to the element of your luopan (like elemntal staves).

SCH:
    Head: not much expactations
    Body: potentially best nuke piece in terms of enmity (if the stats turn out good)
    Hands: blubb
    Legs: could turn into a possible best debuff legs
    feet: could turn into a possible best nuke feet with weather on and klimaform

WHM:
    body
    leg

I expect the THF set to have glorious amounts of AGI and TH+

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I think people might be overrating the Klimaform buff on SCH feet and the Ebullience buff on SCH head. With todays massive MAB options on those slots just adding some good Statvomit wont do enough to compensate for a 10% dmg boost. If they increase the bonus however to 15% it might be another story.

Campaign
    BG Level

For the time they came out, AF3+2 boots had really high values of INT and Eleskill (accuracy). I don't think it's unlikely to see higher than usual INT values and maybe some mab.
    Overall they might not be as good as perfect augment Helios, but they'll likely be easier to get (in due time) and the Klima bonus will be a really nice boost, potentially putting them ahead of even perfect helios.

For the head I concur with you, but we need to see which stats they gonna put in there. I only expect INT/MND honestly and no amounts of macc/mab etc.
    Regardless head will still be nice for Regen and enha sets (supposing it's gonna be equal/better than Umuthi, but I don't see why not)

@Ramzii
    Aren't Taeon legs/feet better than the current other options (Hesychast legs, Sokushitsu feet) for MNK?
    Reforged empy has some potential for those 2 slots but I wouldn't call them god-tier.
    As for BRD, all of the 5 pieces have an use one way or another. It has to be seen wether or not it will be worth to update from the original version to the reforged one.

Shirai

Frankly, I don't have very high expectations for most sets.
    Some items will be boosted enough to become a replacement for certain pieces now and other already awesome items will become even better, of course.

But anything revolutionary? I guess I'll stalk the dataminers at work tomorrow.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

The biggest question is whether SE will enhance the unique attributes or just stat vomit all over them. A lot of pieces are good either way, but some would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    The biggest question is whether SE will enhance the unique attributes or just stat vomit all over them. A lot of pieces are good either way, but some would be great.
    Hopefully they'll also change some things. (Like adjust some of the set bonuses to make them better, and less demanding of 5/5 or never seeing the bonus. Eg: more NNI/Salvage+1 set bonus)
    For instance, if just vomit, the PLD empy body is pretty.... Terrible.
    There's a reason a good PLD used that VW body and not it. Sure it has that acc and atk on it that's really good, but now?
    "Oh it'll be good for CP." Why would you just not use any of the multi-attack bodies instead? Etc.
    So maybe they'll remove the gimmick from it. (I doubt it though... Cause the shitty gimmick is what makes it "balanced".)

They'll probably add some things to various sets to push them up to the RF1 and RF2 level. (Like expect to see more DT on PLD pieces probably... What is with me and PLD today?)
    What would be nice would be some simple tweaks like +10Mdmg on BLM's body. Don't have to boost the MAB or Macc, just +10Mdmg in addition to what's there and statvomit.
    Other things to expect is a lot of +15 skill... Maybe more.

But overall, it's not gonna be that different than RF1 and RF2. (With some exception like the BLU pants will have DEX and SAM gloves will have 11STR in the 109 or w/e the AF3+2 had.)
    What certainly won't be happening is that these'll be god sets.
    (Gearing will be mostly Empy+Relic with a few RF1 pieces here and there... Ignoring A!skirmish gear obviously.)

Us: We want reforged Empy gear!
    SE: OK! Here you go! Bleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Stat vomited with the odd -PDT or -MDT.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

They sometimes add unique things to RF like pdt on all of brd's pieces. The only piece i care about is lancer plackart and luckily there literally no way they can fuck it up. Since it had higher str dex acc att, it should have higher than usual str dex att acc than pteroslaver/vishap, as those had very little str(like 7 compared to 14) and they keep stats proportionate when they add stat vomit.

They will probably also add enhanced JA for 91-99 JA's which AF/Relic didnt cover. reforged thf empy might enhance bully, reforged blm might enhance manawell, drg might enhance steady wing, etc.

Also wouldn't be surprised if the bodies have augmented sp2's for duration and stuff.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    The biggest question is whether SE will enhance the unique attributes or just stat vomit all over them.
    Bull's eye!
    That's exactely the big question.
    I don't think it's reasonable to expect them to update, or at least noticeably update, all of them.
    Some are still pretty powerful so... yeah.
    But at least some others could use an update and I'm hoping for that to happen.

@FaeQueenCory
    Think you're a bit confused with the set bonuses. You were probably thinking about Salvage v1 sets.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm excited to replace the AF3 I already use with stat vomit AF3. Dropping ilvl every time I want to put up a roll has made me a sad panda. I'm not sure they could do much more than stat vomit to that stuff, it was already so strong.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah the jobs that still use empy will be happy at least. I can't wait for bst body

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Just completely making this up but expect it to be similar

Ranger

Lutian Gapette
    [Head]
    DEF:74 HP+17 STR+16 DEX+17 VIT+14
    AGI+22 INT+10 MND+15 CHR+15
    Ranged Accuracy+16
    Ranged Attack+16
    Evasion+20 Magic Evasion+36
    "Magic Def. Bonus"+1 Enmity-5
    Haste+7% "Snapshot"+7
    "Double Shot"+10
    Set: Augments "Rapid Shot"

Lutian Caban
    [Body]
    DEF:97 HP+28 MP+36 STR+16 DEX+16
    VIT+15 AGI+20 INT+13 MND+13 CHR+13
    Ranged Accuracy+21
    Evasion+23 Magic Evasion+43
    "Magic Def. Bonus"+3 Enmity-9
    Haste+4% Enhances "Velocity Shot"

Lutian Glovelettes
    [Hands]
    DEF:63 HP+11 STR+7 DEX+22
    VIT+18 AGI+14 INT+8 MND+19 CHR+11
    Evasion+11 Magic Evasion+25
    "Magic Def. Bonus"+1 Enmity-4
    Haste+4% "Store TP"+7
    Archery Skill+12
    Enhances "Bounty Shot" effect

Lutian Bragues
    [Legs]
    DEF:80 HP+22 MP+19 STR+17 VIT+10
    AGI+20 INT+19 MND+15 CHR+8
    Ranged Attack+12
    Evasion+17 Magic Evasion+47
    "Magic Def. Bonus"+2 Enmity-4
    Haste+6% Critical hit rate +4%
    "Store TP"+9 "True Shot"+2

Lutian Bottillons
    [Feet]
    DEF:50 HP+6 STR+12 DEX+16
    VIT+8 AGI+29 MND+10 CHR+17
    Evasion+33 Magic Evasion+47
    "Magic Defense Bonus"+2 Enmity-8
    Haste+4% Marksmanship skill +12
    Enhances "Unlimited Shot" effect

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

What do I expect? To be disappointed. :/

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I expect anything that was used at 99 to be useful at 119 (bear in mind, there are still some empy pieces that get usage at 119 as is), and anything that wasnt used at 99 to still be useless.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Drg(not including unimportant stat vomit)
    Head: Str+25 Dex+18 Attack+30 Polearm Skill+12 wyvern: absorbs dmg 5% Smiting Breath recast-5

Body: Str+35 Dex+30 attack+28 acc+28 stp+10 wyvern: food effect enhances steady wing

Hands: STR+16 Dex+38 accuracy+18 triple attack+2%, enhances spirit link, wyvern breath+10

Legs: STR+35 attack+22 enhances soul/spirit jump, critical hit damage +12%, conserve TP+10

Feet: STR+16 Dex+15 attack+18 accuracy+18 spirit jump tp bonus restoring breath recast-5

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    I expect anything that was used at 99 to be useful at 119 (bear in mind, there are still some empy pieces that get usage at 119 as is), and anything that wasnt used at 99 to still be useless.
    Well said.

As far as one specific comment:

PUP set in general will probably be a pretty solid hybrid set for master+DD puppet (like original empy head/hands/legs were), but could be REALLY interesting if the set bonus is good. Previous set bonus was a rather unusual one, the master's attack was enhanced based on the automaton HP; as in, master's attack does 100+[puppet HP%]% damage, up to doubling damage for a proc if the puppet is at 100% HP.

That kind of effect would be a heck of a lot stronger today with PUP's higher H2H skill, strong weapons, potential attack speed (not that difficult to cap with Martial Arts, self-cast Haste II from RDM puppet), and sturdier puppet (which can even be kept fairly safely out of even AoE range if using a mage puppet). I wouldn't be surprised if SE does try to keep it similar and ends up inadvertently making it a much more powerful set than intended.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Seeing as how the +2 relic augments were the same on reforge, I don't expect them to boost/change the set bonuses at all on empy.