FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Vagary Findings

Just tried this

Threw is in a room filled with 8(?) Fomors, constantly repopped after dying almost immediately. They appeared to be unsleepable by repose/lullaby/sleepga and couldn't be breakga'd (could be too low m acc.) Someone also commented that some of the mobs disappeared eventually, we wiped so we could exit and bring a PLD.

PLD to super tank mobs highly recommended

edit: it appears repopped adds have random hate, maybe pld/rdm to pull them immediately with diaga or something

edit2: after ~10min of killing fomors, 3 corses spawned. started spawning more as time went by even if you don't engage (people dc'd on wave pop) and then a Dullahan spawned and completely shit on us

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

last bit of info before sleep, killed dullahan and it dropped

friend said it also dropped Famine Sash: MP+10 Acc+10 Atk+10 Macc+4 (didn't say jobs)

i have no clue what etched memories are for? maybe 119 upgrades?

The enmity update is pretty fucking annoying, WHMs 100% recommended to have capped enmity- sets for cures now. Our WHM was pulling hate very frequently on the dullahan cause obviously it spams high damage moves very frequently. A PLD can sort of decently keep hate on it spamming flash etc.

After wave 2 died, a 3rd wave spawned within 1 min, it was 4 groups of 3 mobs at N/W/E/S, you need to hug a door or you'll instantly aggro a group (or two) like we did, oops. Whichever group has a NIN mob, kill that first because it does AoE Utsusemi: San

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Repost of mine from update thread:

Tried Vagary Brush Gate with 8 people. Content level 126. It is Einherjar style with mobs coming in waves in one room. Leeches and Obdella mobs that were sleepable with lullaby. After 3 waves of leeches of about 8 mobs each 3-4 trigger icons would appear. I think it goes from #1 to #6. We just chose random ones and kept getting leeches until time out. We never got a chance to try all triggers though. So, basically a CP party. Codex (4~6 etchings) and etchings dropped.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

tried Duskbrood gate, all mobs are elementals. they are in groups scattered around as your run, will be 6-8 fire and 1 dual fire/light. sucked cause hate is so random. smn and bst teared them apart for most part. for NM umbril that took about 10-15 min to kill took hardly any dmg. had doom on a TP move. dropped a Grip that had some acc. and -1% DT. kept going and found another room with a dark pixie, and 10 duals. bst 1 shot'd 5 dual ice with lizard fireball. wiped and timed out before pixie kill

Blightslither drops Supay Weskit and -1% DT grip
    Insidivo drops Avatara pants

a balanced group of DD and mages, SC and MBing took down Umbril fast. Bard sleep lullaby good for Dark/earths

Edit: Finished map

Dont have to kill any elementals from what i've seen dont know if they weaken the NMs and boss though

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Did Deathborne w/ 7 & 6 man setup PLD SAM SAM WHM BRD RDM + SCH and PLD SAM SAM WHM BRD SCH

Unending Fomors, bring PLD to super tank, still had issues healing

Got to a Dullahan w/ 6 corses and then died.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Just to piggyback on what Ramz was saying about the strange enmity.....It's either not working as intended (God I hope), or those mobs have funky hate or shared hate. I was in the run with John B on WHM, with cure sets that have 501 healing skill, and -50 enmity and I pulled hate with Blindna, after PLD voke flash. I'd suspect a emerg. maint very soon. You simply can't have your mages being 1/2 on hate list over DD's. Something isn't right.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

WHM tanking go!

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

They did adjust enmity, just the cap i think. Though blindna does not generate more VE than a voke/flash. So either it's broken, they changed something else, or you're a liar!

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I hit a fresh mob with a 6k nuke, the WHM casted HASTE -> the WHM had hate.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well here's the options.... hate is super weird in there or somehow there spaghetti code ended up increasing the fixed enmity stuff because the last fixed enmity change they made put things like those spells down to essentially zero enmity so even vastly lower the amount generated from dmg shouldn't have that effect

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

This is why they shouldn't have removed the test server.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Its also probably contributing to corprates decision to close shop after this year. :/

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Probably broken over super weird. anyone tested it outside of vagary? theres libra or w/e to see too.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

unless tested outside we dont know for sure. dmg enmity might be so low now that you need for basicly everything a tank (run or pld) and provoke wont cut it? this is exactly what i feared SE overshooting and melee tanking being impossible

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Guys they just want to bring back WHM/NIN , BRD/NIN barspell tanking.

Don't you mean BRD/NIN Mazurka tanking?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

hi giuze! sum1 say brd/nin mazurka tank?

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/...psfzw2krxj.jpg

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Lightbringer

The hate mechanic might be like the old ZNM Flea mob that had hate on whoever last acted upon it? Extremely rapid hate reduction. Effectively it meant that whoever did the last thing had hate.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Chigre

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    unless tested outside we dont know for sure. dmg enmity might be so low now that you need for basicly everything a tank (run or pld) and provoke wont cut it? this is exactly what i feared SE overshooting and melee tanking being impossible
    Would also probably need to be tested with and without a lvl difference given that weird vague note in the update notes. Which they might have messed up somehow

But even with it being super low haste and blindna shouldn't pull hate after since after the last debacle they reduced the hate on buffs and nas and such so low that you shouldn't pull hate off of even a wyvern lol. I think a lot of them went to 0VE 1 CE and some even went to 0 CE

Quote Originally Posted by Seraph View Post
    The hate mechanic might be like the old ZNM Flea mob that had hate on whoever last acted upon it? Extremely rapid hate reduction. Effectively it meant that whoever did the last thing had hate.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Chigre
    I was thinking something like this. Umbrils already were weird to begin with...

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Edited to next post.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 41 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast