1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 14 hours, 38 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 9 hours, 21 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 7 hours, 38 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 2 hours, 21 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level

PS3 -> PS4 Upgrade question

I searched and couldn't find an answer to this and as much as I usually don't have problems with the Mogstation I want to know if I'm missing something.

I am currently taking a break from 14 but recently got a PS4. Do I have to re-sub to take advantage of the free upgrade or am I missing something on the Mogstation where I can just get a code? Frankly I don't really plan on playing on the PS4 at all but I feel like a fool if I don't take advantage of the free upgrade.

If someone could point me specifically (step-by-step this shit, assume I'm retarded) to where I should be finding the upgrade button that would be awesome.

Edit: I don't have enough posts to reply here.

I do play on PC which is why this isn't a huge priority.

And thanks for the link.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

iirc the free transfer ends Tuesday or wednesday

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

You are indeed a fool if you don't take advantage of the PS3 -> PS4 upgrade. There's no reason anyone should be playing on a PS3 unless they are too poor to afford a PS4 or a mid tier PC.

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I don't have a PS4 yet but I feel like I should totally upgrade my account while it's still free. I play on PC 99.9% of the time anyway but if it'll save me some coin. . .

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Auspice View Post
    I don't have a PS4 yet but I feel like I should totally upgrade my account while it's still free. I play on PC 99.9% of the time anyway but if it'll save me some coin. . .
    that's a good idea

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Auspice View Post
    I did and I don't have a PS4 yet either. You can register the PSN code online even if you don't have a PS4. A good thing considering the code expires on 3/31.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

There's still no way to migrate macros between PC and PlayStation, right?

BG Level

Probably won't ever happen

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    There's still no way to migrate macros between PC and PlayStation, right?
    None and it probably won't happen. I just played on my PS4 next to my laptop and made as close a change as possible.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Probably won't ever happen
    You could migrate macros between PS2, 360, and PC in XI.
    This isn't rocket science, SE.

The inability to migrate macros is literally the only thing keeping me from buying PS4 ARR. My macro page is damn near full and I'm not taking the better part of a day to retype all that by hand.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Is it not possible to PM yourself all your macros (or use some online notepad service)
    Login to FFXIV via PS4
    Launch browser
    Navigate to site with macros
    Right click copy, go into FFXIV, paste? (Ctrl+v if it takes keyboard commands)

That's a lot of work lol, seems simpler just to re-type everything on PS4.

BG Level

I took SS of my macros on PC a nd retyped them on PS4 (the joy of doing gamepad on PC) the hotbars are the same :D

Very sorry for necro-bumping this old thread...but I'm on the verge of crying (ok not quite) since I can't figure out a little issue:

I bought the PS3 version of FFXIV a while back and used my 30 free days, I also bought the PS4 version (I'm a collector) and was just about to upgrade right now, but I noticed that you need the disc in the PS4 at all times. So I googled a bit, and found a solution but it doesn't quite work.

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/commen..._without_disc/

Basically, when I delete FFXIV off my PS4, it disappears from my library. So I tried to eject the disc while installing and even though it gives me the option to download it at that point...it refers me to a different app (Netflix in this case).

Does anyone have any idea what I can do? Worst case scenario I might have to buy the digital collector's edition...however annoying that is.

BG Level

I don't buy PS4 games on disk but

Can you download it from there?

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-...00010000000000

PS link points to canada store, so if you're not in canadaland you might need to try the US store

Sadly, no. If you register the physical version of FFXIV on PS4 on the PSN Store (for your 30 day free period), it doesn't allow you to download a digital version...

Update: I found a solution! I downloaded the trial version on PSN, and it works with my account. I'll come back in two weeks to confirm it still works, just in case, though. Either way, thanks for your help!