Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: - Ability Delay     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

- Ability Delay

For 2 different jobs I'm getting 2 different responses which doesn't seem to make sense.

For Cor and QD, I've been informed that in order to get the e ability delay bonus from Mirke/Blood Mask, that it would have to be on the entire time (so precast & midcast in a lua)

For BST, I've been informed that Charmer's Merlin/Desultors Tassets only need to be in the precast part, and switching to another piece if gear in the midcast section, you'll still get the bonus.

For both jobs their labeled Sic & Ready Ability delay -5 vs Quick Draw Ability Delay -5

I don't see why they would act differently, so was just wondering which one I'm being misinformed on, or if they do actually act differently.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

They work the same, but because Ready's purpose is to trigger your pet doing something, another window opens up to enhance that after Ready is finished. You're enhancing something else with pet atk/acc/etc, not ready.

JAs check your gear for enhancements when they trigger, so you need your enhancement gear in whatever section of gearswap that happens in.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Don't Sic and Ready work by doing "Use Ability > Pet Uses Damaging Thing"?

Quick Draw is immediate, is there enough time to do a midcast on it?

BG Level

The way I understand GS is that it would have no problems with a pre then mid for QD, but then my knowledge of GS is very limited so I could be completely off basis there.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

QD: packet goes pre < qd < mid : damage is calculated when qd packet is read in and your mid doesnt take effect

Ready: packet goes pre < ready < mid, like 2 seconds later your pet move goes off : recast is calculated when ready packet is read in and there's plenty of time before mid set is needed

Spell: packet goes pre < spell < mid, your casttime is determined when spell is read in and even instacasts aren't truly instant, they're processed next server tick while the midcast gear is read in immediately

BG Level

That sucks for Cor, but thank you for the explanation!

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Basically, sic/ready, avatar blood pacts, and automaton abilities work VERY different from every other JA in the game.

Every normal JA: You send "Im using this" packet, server goes k and does it, then sends packet back to you for the text and tells you to do the animation.

For the pet abilities: You send the "Im using this packet", and then you use it. THEN your pet uses its attack AFTER your JA is over.

Note the fact you do your animation and finish it, THEN your pet does its charge and attack animation after your character.

So you can use -recast and -cost gear for YOUR ability, and then pet:+attack, pet:+acc etc gear for your pets half of the move, since it occurs well after your job ability finishes.

This is also why if your pet dies mid move, you don't get you recast reset. Your JA goes off and has already started ticking down well before your pet has even used its move, so if it dies right then it won't use its move but your cast went off (and got wasted) anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Aragon of Odin View Post
    For BST, I've been informed that Charmer's Merlin/Desultors Tassets only need to be in the precast part, and switching to another piece if gear in the midcast section, you'll still get the bonus.
    I've actually been getting the opposite result (and it's annoying me). Last night, I tried adding Desultor Tassets and Merlin to JUST my precast set and my Ready damage gear in midcast, and I was not getting the timer reduction from the precast. The only way I was able to remedy it was to add Tassets to midcast as well, which means I lose some nice damage augments on Acro legs...

What am I doing wrong?

BG Level

No idea, I just leveled BST I haven't actually played it yet lol

Reading around though I saw that Falkirk on FFXIAH had a great lua, so I just downloaded that, I assume the way he's got it set up it works since a few on here use it, I'm kind of a noob with GS, so I just plug in my own gear and roll from there lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Sounds like a programming error and your -ready recast are being swapped out before you use ready. You can watch your timer as you use moves and it is clearly set when you use it not when your pet uses it's move

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Devinry View Post
    I've actually been getting the opposite result (and it's annoying me). Last night, I tried adding Desultor Tassets and Merlin to JUST my precast set and my Ready damage gear in midcast, and I was not getting the timer reduction from the precast. The only way I was able to remedy it was to add Tassets to midcast as well, which means I lose some nice damage augments on Acro legs
    The damage gear should be equipped during pet_midcast.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I have seen the opposite for COR. That you can Preshot in QD Delay, and Midshot in MAB gear, and get the benefit of both.