1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 11 hours, 3 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 12 hours, 56 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 4 hours, 3 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 5 hours, 56 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Let's talk Warrior (3.0 Heavensward Discussion) - Future Fell Cleave e-peen thread

I think we need a thread to get excited about how fucking crazy these Warrior changes are, so let's get this shit rocking. Thanks to datamining we have the full info for Warriors new skills:

Let's just get this out the way - holy fucking shit, right? Good Warriors trying to optimize their DPS were already putting out some real impressive numbers and that shit is about to skyrocket.

Our new DPS oriented stance not only keeps the ~10% critical hit rate bonus (coupled with the new changes to Crit Hit stat upping crit damage this is going to be even more of a benefit than it might initially seem) from Defiance, but it also just gives us a free 5% extra damage. Mechanically it functions identically to Defiance, all the skills that gave Wrath stacks before now give an identical amount of stacks of Abandonment, using 5 you can use either of the new weapon skills. Swapping between Defiance and Deliverance will keep your stacks, so if you have 3 stacks in Defiance and then swap to Deliverance you'll still have 3 stacks.

Now peep that potency on Fell Cleave. You thought your 2000 damage Inner Beasts were hot shit? Just imagine the kind of burst you're gonna be putting out with this badboy. 500 potency and a free 5% damage on top of that from the stance itself (hell, maybe you can convince your Astrologian buddy to toss you a 10% damage buff card too). Decimate is also pretty fuckin' sweet for AoE pulls, 280 potency, matching Butchers Block and greatly exceeding Steel Cyclone (200 potency).

On to Equilibrium, holy shit 2 amazing skills for the price of one! When used in Defiance it functions as a massive self heal. Our prior self healing options were Inner Beast (300 potency) and Second Wind (450 potency), now we have a third option with Equilibrium bringing a massive 1200 potency heal on a 60 second cooldown, half that of Second Wind. But fuck that, that's what healers are for, the real exciting part is how it functions in Deliverance. Say good bye to all our TP problems, because we have a 200 TP recovery skill on a 60 second cool down. Not only that, but our TP efficiency without having to use Defiance will shoot up thanks to having 2 pseudo-free weapon skills to burn GCDs on. Every time you throw out a Fell Cleave or Decimate you essentially gain a small amount of TP back. That coupled with Equilibrium's TP recovery should make needing Goad or Paeon a thing of the past.

Last of all is some worthless parry skill, who cares right? Pretty self explanatory, so long as you're facing the mob you're guaranteed to parry what appears to be all physical attacks for the next 20 seconds. The patch notes mentioned adjusting block/parries benefiting from certain attributes, so it remains to be seen if we'll still be able to see 30%~ damage reduction from parries, but either way we should be looking at somewhere between 20-30% physical damage reduction for the duration. Warrior has always been a little lacking on this front compared to Paladin, so this is gonna be a great addition to our tanking kit. Fuck up and face away from the mob though and you're gonna be taking a whole ton of crits instead, great for trolling your healer, just don't expect them to actually heal you when they notice. Worth noting is that it also gives a free stack of Wrath/Abandonment, so even if you're not tanking you can use it to throw out your next Fell Cleave or Decimate a little faster.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

To note, you can combine Raw Intuition with Awareness and that'll nullify any chances to get crit for "messing up".

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Neon Sea
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

War dps gonna be bonkers o.O

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I came.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Jesus, so they're really going all-in with the "Warriors as Danish Berserkers" vibe. Massive damage once fully transformed into a bubbling, snarling, frothing, bloodthirsty animal. All I need now is Olaf's rekless strike animation from League of Legends and I'm good.

All kidding aside, I told myself I was going to most likely stay War-Pld main, and I don't see that changing at this point. I'll absolutely have Drk in my back pocket, but kudos to SE for giving Wars more of an opportunity to really lay down the lumber when off-tanking and being able to immediately switch back when its time to tank again. Definitely digging the changes.

What's up with the triple cooldowns on the parry, though. Recast of 90s, but I see a 20s, 30s, 30s in durations and I'm confused there.

Prime Minister of Salt

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Omega Deathbringer
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

fapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfap

It's sooo veiny
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

20's not in stance 30's when in either stance

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    What's up with the triple cooldowns on the parry, though. Recast of 90s, but I see a 20s, 30s, 30s in durations and I'm confused there.
    The parry buff lasts 20 seconds. The stack of wrath or abandonment it gives you lasts 30 seconds. Berserk has always had a similar description (and has a 30 second duration listed for both Defiance and Deliverance now, just like the new parry buff).

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Gotcha, thanks. Never payed attention to that before.

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Edit: Ignore

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Uh, that TP cost on fell cleave/decimate though?

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Just a glitch on the way that database site handles showing the TP cost. Inner Beast and Steel Cyclone both show up as 93 TP on that site, goes without saying they'll be 0 TP.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Fucking amazing, well beyond my expectations. Super excited about the TP recovery on Equilibrium tbh, and Raw Intuition will be quite useful too since it doesn't have a stance restriction. Looking forward to doing a 4k Fell Cleave

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

TP costs are false. Paladin's new spell was told to cost TP instead of MP so I wouldn't trust any of that for the moment.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    Just a glitch on the way that database site handles showing the TP cost. Inner Beast and Steel Cyclone both show up as 93 TP on that site, goes without saying they'll be 0 TP.
    Thought you typed Inner Breast.

:3

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

with attack stanced inner beast version, + 200TP recovery, war should not run out of TP anymore, ever

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Which is critical for a tank, so its clear that SE thought long and hard about how they wanted to approach a job that is clearly a tank (and thus, must be able to perform in all facets of tanking) but also is powerful DPS when the situation calls for it. Tanks cannot be allowed to run out of TP so long as they play properly, or everything goes to shit. Your balance is off as a designer if you've allowed a tank class reliant on TP to run out of TP while simply doing its job. Its not enough to blame Wars for using Overpower too much, because we got starved on certain fights without using a single OP.

I'm pretty stoked to get back to max level on War. I'd also love to see Wars able to fight as a full DPS in 4-man content alongside another tank, especially if War DPS numbers are coming close to traditional DPS. Yes, the QQ from drgs and mnks and the like would be high because they wouldn't have anyone to tank their pug instance, but fuck that. Tank privlege, baby. I wanna rip faces off alongside a Drk in the front-lines without having to drop my Deliverance.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Jesus fuck. I was going to go DRK but I almost want to stay WAR now.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Which is critical for a tank, so its clear that SE thought long and hard about how they wanted to approach a job that is clearly a tank (and thus, must be able to perform in all facets of tanking) but also is powerful DPS when the situation calls for it. Tanks cannot be allowed to run out of TP so long as they play properly, or everything goes to shit. Your balance is off as a designer if you've allowed a tank class reliant on TP to run out of TP while simply doing its job. Its not enough to blame Wars for using Overpower too much, because we got starved on certain fights without using a single OP.

I'm pretty stoked to get back to max level on War. I'd also love to see Wars able to fight as a full DPS in 4-man content alongside another tank, especially if War DPS numbers are coming close to traditional DPS. Yes, the QQ from drgs and mnks and the like would be high because they wouldn't have anyone to tank their pug instance, but fuck that. Tank privlege, baby. I wanna rip faces off alongside a Drk in the front-lines without having to drop my Deliverance.

I hope that wasn't their thinking based on PLD and DRK not having anything lol.

We also assume FC cost 0 TP when TP could be used to balance it.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Well Pld and Drk now have a heavy focus on MP, where War only has TP/stax, so I'm assuming that Pld/Drk will keep their TP balanced by means of using more spells and less skills. Everyone's got two resources they need to manage in the tank role.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast