Closed Thread

Thread: ESPN streaming     submit to reddit submit to twitter

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

ESPN streaming

http://americasmarkets.usatoday.com/...n-a-few-years/

In a few years, ESPN will likely be a channel that cable-ditching consumers can buy directly as a streaming-only option, Walt Disney CEO Bob Iger told CNBC Monday.

“If we end up seeing more erosion in the so-called multichannel bundle (cable or satellite TV packages), quality will win out and popularity will win out,” he told CNBC’s “Squawk Box,” adding the ESPN-only option will not happen in the next five years.

“Five years out, I don’t think you see significant change. But I think eventually ESPN becomes a business that is sold directly to consumers. We’ll use their information to customize the product. I think there’s inevitability to that, but I don’t think it’s right around the corner,” he said.
    Time to start writing Iger to get moving faster.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

I guess that seals ESPN (and maybe ABC affiliate networks as well) showing up on the PS4 via Playstation Vue. This must happen faster.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yep, I would pay for ESPN only. A la carte can't happen fast enough.

Lousy TV channels that don't have good content should be shitting themselves.

I'd pay for ESPN, the big 4, USA, HBO (although you can buy online now, so w/e), AMC.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

ESPN is trash. If they didn't have MNF i would never have to watch it and that would be glorious.

it would be super cool if idiots like all of you would stop paying for it so that they stop employing people like Stephen A Smith and Skip Bayless instead of Bill Simmons. They have gotten to the point as a company where the bottom line comes first and informative quality content comes second. They would rather pay trolls than pay talent.

I mean shit the only reason they got rid of Cowherd a week early is cuz he had turned down the extension. If he had reupped I am sure everything would be fine! These guys can't pay trolls/racists/homophobes/misogynists enough!

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I only watch sports on ESPN, nothing else.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

If you watch ESPN for anything other than live sports you are fucking up. Actually I concede that College Game Day is pretty fun. So there's that.

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

ok good i was worried you guys forgot about college football on ESPN

but yeah you can get everything else you need from the ticker on the bottom then call it a day

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    Stephen A Smith
    Why do you hate black people?

And yes College GameDay is awesome.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I think I watch MNF and that's it at this point. Even stopped watching ath and pti a while ago