+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Wakfu     submit to reddit submit to twitter

love the art style, signed up for the beta.
    I was having issues in firefox, worked for me after a few times in Chrome

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Closed Beta started today, I downloaded the client, but there's no evidence that it even installed... piece o' shit.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I got into the beta today. Maybe i'll try it out while on vacation

Same, at work though so going to have to wait.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Reinstalled on top of itself, asked if I wanted to uninstall first, said yeah, now it works. Let's see how this goes. 7%

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Looks like you can currently only pick from 3 classes. Cra's Range (archer), Eniripsa's Hands (healer), and Iop's Heart (knight)... Bummer, I really wanted to be an Osamadas' Whip (summoner).

From each race/gender, you can choose:

Hair/face style (2)
    Skin color (tons)
    Hair color (tons)
    Eye color (9)
    Base-clothing color (5)

Just got in, first thing I learned is that you apparently find/earn emotes throughout the game as scrolls that you use to learn the emote. Sit is the default first one you find that makes you regenerate HP faster. I love the UI, it's just as clean and smooth as the art.

I still need to get the hang of what the attributes actually do... but I love that equipment is actually visible and obtaining a piece of equipment allows you to view all of the pieces of the set and highlights which you have/don't have.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

So.. it's like Ragnarok?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

long updater is long, but I am looking forward to playing this

nooooooo, got placed on the Tiva (french) server.

On french server as well, UI looks really polished, functional and sexy as hell
    only about 5 mins in though.
    Really really love the art style, can't say it enough.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I was placed on Tiva as well... I assumed it's the only beta server...? I've had a few NPC dialog lines show up in French so far, heh.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

It sounded interesting to me, I'll keep my eye on it for release.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aylin Celesse
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Hellscream

Anyone here in the Closed North American Beta (Nox server)? I've been playing for about 3 weeks, and I'm definitely in love with the dynamic ecosystem, and the completely player run finances and politics. There are some things that I'm not thrilled with (the current state of Eniripsas, one of my favorite classes from Dofus) and snoofles feel so broken and like cheating to the point it makes me angry. That aside... I'm having a ton of fun with only 3 (well, 4 as of today, if the server was alive...) classes. As long as SE doesn't bork the hell out of this some how, I'll probably be quitting WoW for this on actual release. :3

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Can anyone playing the beta tell me if
    1. Does gear still has randomly generated stats like Dofus?
    2. If they're one of the four you can play, does the turn based timer still shaft the pet jobs, osamodas and sadida?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Bardlet View Post
    Anyone here in the Closed North American Beta (Nox server)? I've been playing for about 3 weeks, and I'm definitely in love with the dynamic ecosystem, and the completely player run finances and politics. There are some things that I'm not thrilled with (the current state of Eniripsas, one of my favorite classes from Dofus) and snoofles feel so broken and like cheating to the point it makes me angry. That aside... I'm having a ton of fun with only 3 (well, 4 as of today, if the server was alive...) classes. As long as SE doesn't bork the hell out of this some how, I'll probably be quitting WoW for this on actual release. :3
    positive SE only published this

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

Game looks pretty interesting, never knew about it before seeing this thread. I'll keep an eye out for Open Beta, from what I read best guess is sometime in April.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Thiefami View Post
    positive SE only published this
    Basically, SE is only handling publishing/distribution, and Ankama is doing the development, similar to how Gamepot USA was handling distro/publishing of Fantasy Earth Zero and SE was doing development...until the game died this Monday.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Becoming Free-2-Play soon
    Turn-based MMORPG Wakfu is making its transition to a free-to-play model and going back into open beta for awhile from today. It will then morph into a full release later this month, according to Ankama Games.

The MMORPG was previously published by Square Enix, but the game was handed back to Ankama Games in March last year. Ankama then made note earlier this year that it would be transitioning from a subscription model to free-to-play for the West, with an open beta phase in between.

Wakfu is part of a wider transmedia series that sets it in the Dofus universe. The MMO is set with players finding the world in ruins after the cataclysm of Ogrest’s Chaos. There are some 15 different classes to choose from in the game, including pandas.
    http://www.siliconera.com/2014/08/15...ing-free-play/
    http://www.wakfu.com/en/mmorpg

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tekni Wintersbane
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Mok'Nathal

Does anyone play this? How is it?

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Started like a week ago and pretty much haven't stopped playing it since, been a long time since a game has absorbed me like this. I've genuinely been blown away by how good the game is. It brings in pretty much everything I want from an MMO (great gathering/crafting, a real attempt at a worthwhile ecosystem and economy, PvP and a shit ton of progression/grind) all on top of a fantastic SRPG combat system. If you like SRPGs I'd go as far as to say you're guaranteed to really enjoy this game. It offers a ton of extremely unique classes (even FFTs Calculator ain't got shit on some of these classes) with a lot of depth once you scratch past the surface.

The game isn't perfect by any means, it pretty much throws you in blind and does a very poor job of explaining things, the game has also been undergoing huge game changing patches so there's a lot of contradictory info both in game and on things like the wiki. The official forums and the Wakfu threads on /vg/ are pretty much the only places I've seen to find good info and in the formers case if you dig even a couple of months back you'll probably find out of date info. If you're the type of person who likes to alt tab every 5 minutes to check a wiki you might be in for a bad time. The start of the game can also feel a bit limiting, you start off with 6 "Action Points" which dictate how much you can do per turn (IE Skill A costs 4 AP to cast, Skill B costs 2 AP) and class defining skills will often eat all 6 before leveling them, making them unviable at low levels. This can be really confusing since the game throws all of your skills at you almost immediately. By 25 however you can get 8 AP and leveling your class skills reduces their cost, opening up far more options as you go.

If you like SRPGs I would highly recommend the game. If you've never played one before you are probably going to get very lost, there is a lot to take in with very little guidance. The combat and classes (not all, admittedly) have a lot of depth and complexity that isn't always immediately apparent, but once you sink your teeth in it's a blast.