FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Wakfu

I'm surprised no one made a thread about this already.

Square-Enix teaming up with Ankama for the Wakfu MMORPG.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Wow, kinda surprised at that.

I haven't paid too much attention, but if the gameplay is a lot like Dofus, then I'll =\. I could never move and fire off my abilities fast enough.
    And I HATED random stat values on gear, why I don't bother with the FoV stuff in XI.

Ankama's art talent is top notch though.

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Well it can't be worse than FF14. ^^

New Odin
    BG Level

This is what RO2 should have looked like IMO =/

Looks interesting.

Looks lovely, but I hate tactical/strategy MMOs. Shit takes so long to play because some retards can't make up their minds lol (and when they do decide what to do, it's still dumb).

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

This is an MMO? Eh.. pass, would have been cool if it was a stand along game though.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    This is an MMO? Eh.. pass, would have been cool if it was a stand along game though.
    Same, and since they said it's F2P I'm already turned off.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Same, and since they said it's F2P I'm already turned off.
    Actually, if they do it like Dofus, F2P has a level restriction and you're locked out of a large part of the game world.

BG Level

And I thought games that made the grinding hell without buying stuff was bad...

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

So, you're angry that it's f2p, and angry that it's not f2p?

It still holds that they may not do the same thing, but for Dofus, the f2p was basically like an extended demo, that let you spend some time building up your character a little bit for free.
    Also, I'm not 100% sure, but I'm pretty confident Ankama never sold anything like exp rate potions.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Looks kinda interesting. Depending on when it releases, I'll probably try it out.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

The art alone makes me want to care a lot about this. The "tactical" + "MMO" + "F2P" combination is mostly counteracting that though. If one of those three elements was removed, I'd probably play it.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cantih View Post
    So, you're angry that it's f2p, and angry that it's not f2p?

It still holds that they may not do the same thing, but for Dofus, the f2p was basically like an extended demo, that let you spend some time building up your character a little bit for free.
    Also, I'm not 100% sure, but I'm pretty confident Ankama never sold anything like exp rate potions.
    Sorry what I meant is F2P games seem to always have a catch to them, or I get unlucky and get the ones that do. Giving you only part of the game for free, painful grinds unless you buy premium items, etc. I know they have to make money to keep the servers going, but like I said it's just a personal preference.

Might tinker it if it gets an open beta, but as far as tactical RPGs go, I'm still hoping for the day a new FFT comes out with gameplay similar to the PSX one.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Laude Valiquette
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Art style looks really neat, but I don't think I could play a tactical MMO... lol.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Sorry what I meant is F2P games seem to always have a catch to them, or I get unlucky and get the ones that do. Giving you only part of the game for free, painful grinds unless you buy premium items, etc. I know they have to make money to keep the servers going, but like I said it's just a personal preference.

Might tinker it if it gets an open beta, but as far as tactical RPGs go, I'm still hoping for the day a new FFT comes out with gameplay similar to the PSX one.
    If it's anything like Dofus, you shouldn't be disappointed. Aside from FTP areas being extremely crowded, it doesn't interfere with PTP so you won't have to deal with a cash shop or premium items. You get to build your character to ~lvl. 31 until you have to subscribe since mobs won't give but 1 exp. Subscriptions range from a week to a year upfront so you don't have to pay when you aren't going to play. Another good thing is actual customer service. I still remember 3 years ago when all the Dofus servers crashed for a week. Ankama released a statement apologizing for the issue, gave PTP players a free week of subscription, and restored the server back to the minute before the crash so pets and time release items wouldn't expire. I've been playing Dofus on and off since open beta, if Wakfu follows a similar formula, then it'll at least be worth a try. Just wondering how Squeenix is going to fuck it up...

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Hmm, if SE has little to do with this outside of making the cut scenes, and leave the gameplay to Ankama... I'd test it out. I could handle a better looking Dofus with cut scenes.

Closed Beta signup was started today. I am a bit confused as I already have an account but when I click the "Sign Up for Beta" link it takes me to the "Create an Account" page. I am going to assume that having already created a Wakfu account a month or so ago... I am already eligible for the beta. Guess I will find out one way or the other.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I signed up for kicks, idk what to think as i've never heard of this before. But its something new, and trying out the beta wont hurt I guess!

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Yeah, I didn't think I'd care, but I just signed up for the beta. We'll see how much I can bare a tactical MMO, even with art direction this slick.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Its not completing the register login thing for me, getting really annoying, did it in firefox IE and chrome, must be too laggy, or broken.