+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 41 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast
    Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I really dont know whats gonna happen if Archeage, Black Desert, and Bless hit NA on top of each other.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Anyone remember Evan "Scapes" Berman from EnMasse (Tera) ?

Well now he has joined the Archeage team and will be Trion's new CM for Archeage and Defiance.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/03...munity-manage/

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Trion confirms FTP AA coming in 2014

http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/03...afted-items-a/

Now that Archeage has a CM, Scapes has been busy talking to the community. He stated that Archage is coming out this year, will sell beta packages and they are going to hold off on patch 1.0 for awhile till it's more fleshed out. So (Fingers crossed) it sounds like a more hardcore version of AA like the Russian version.

Scott Hartsman also talks about this in his interview with mmorpg.com

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...ions-Plan.html

Now I'm really exited !

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

So Korea was a live game before it was v1.0? I have not been keeping up with this one at all...

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Recent korean mmo trend has been essentially "pay for beta while we finish the game", probably due to the boardroom. Then they wonder why they hemorrhage players and that they are so flakey. The JP had a similar thing going with FFXI launch, however that was probably more along the lines of ineptitude and ignorance.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Purrrfect View Post
    So Korea was a live game before it was v1.0? I have not been keeping up with this one at all...
    1.0 means the point in the lore/story not the version of the game, if you were wondering. Xl games seems to do stuff differently, which is confusing for the rest of us.

1.0 was the major expansion that happened back on Jan. 2014, but almost all the players I know hate the expansion, due to the dailies. So the players I know are happy that Trion will be postponing the 1.0 expansion.

Archeage went live in Korea on Jan 2013.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Alpha is to start in a few weeks. If your interested here is a very long interview and demo showing off Archeage from Trion at GDC.

http://www.twitch.tv/archeage/b/512650863

Trion had an official revealing of Archeage today on their twitch live stream at 3:00pm pst.

http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds

What we know from Stream

EU/US differences

- Free 2 Play
    - You will also get Labour regeneration for Free 2 Play
    - You can pay Land Taxes via Tokens (?) so you can buy it in Cash Shop
    - Fishing is in!
    - 1.0 is in Internal Test soon, then they decide which 1.0 stuff is in.
    - Trion will think about Labour Potions, from the cash shop, they will at least have CD. (12 Hours for now)

- We get Founder Packs where you can spent all your Money! (There you can buy into Beta)

Trion has now opened up official forums, check it out !

http://forums.archeagegame.com/

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Instead of watching the long twitch streams here are some videos that show off some of the highlights.

Trion giving a press demo and answering questions at GDC 2014.

An update on the game during their live stream

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Beauty and the Beast !

People said their relationship wouldn't last, but will it ? Watch the video to find out !

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I was interested in this game earlier on, but right now I am sick and tired of F2P either at release or right after release because the game has been designed to try and make everyone happy, yet makes no one happy. F2P makes the companies much more money but I never see any evidence that it allows them to make any more content or quality improvements to the games. Starting to think its time to stick a fork in the MMO genre as a whole.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by Siatdiat View Post
    I was interested in this game earlier on, but right now I am sick and tired of F2P either at release or right after release because the game has been designed to try and make everyone happy, yet makes no one happy. F2P makes the companies much more money but I never see any evidence that it allows them to make any more content or quality improvements to the games. Starting to think its time to stick a fork in the MMO genre as a whole.
    I 100% agree...and it is a shame. Ftp seems to be the only way to go, but the people out attracts. Awful

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

$1 a month would be great just to weed out brs, kiddies, and any other cesspool that can't come up with a payment method.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Trion has posted their FAQ :

https://www.archeagegame.com/en/news...ions-archeage/

In the FAQ, Trions talks about the payment method.

- FTP players will be able to get LP and participate in events but won't be able to own land, build houses, or castles. But they can share public farms and join other guilds families.

- Subscribers will be able to get the full features of the game.

- Players who can't afford to subscribe can still buy a Patron Pass (Just like REX from Eve Online) using in game cash to get the full features of the game.

**So it looks like FTP players will just get an unlimited free trail, if you want to experience the full game your gonna have to subscribe or buy a Patron Pass.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

They mentioned in yesterdays live stream the reason for limited FTP access, is so people don't shit out free account and fill the areas with farms for cheap, making it in impossible for other people to use it. How much that would actually be a problem, I don't know though... but I suspect there are probably better ways to deal with it.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Official Cinematic Trailer now in English

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Trion just announced it Founder's Pack Pricing :

http://www.archeagegame.com/en/shop/

ARCHEUM FOUNDER’S PACK $149.99

Be the first to stake your claim in ArcheAge! While supplies last, Archeum Pack players will receive instant invites to our playable Alpha preview along with unparalleled bonuses, items, Beta access, a head start on launch, and more.

INCLUDES:
    Alpha Access (while supplies remain): Preview ArcheAge even before Beta!
    Access to all Beta Events
    4 Day Pre-Launch Head Start
    Exclusive Title: "Trailblazer" (+3 to all stats)
    Exclusive Glass Phoenix Glider
    Exclusive Founder’s Cloak (+3 to all stats and customizable)
    Exclusive Desert Assassin Plate Costume
    Reagents to put your own crest in-game
    6 Daru Chests with a chance to get a mount!
    10 Pet Healing Potions
    10 Evenstones
    10 Hereafter Stones
    11,250 in-game Credits ($75 value)
    90-Day Patron Status ($45 value)

GOLD FOUNDER’S PACK $99.99

As a Gold Pack Founder, you’ll settle, build, and battle in ArcheAge with a Glass Phoenix glider, Desert Assassin costume armor, extended Patron Status, $50 in game store credits, and more.

INCLUDES:
    Access to all Beta Tests and Events
    Exclusive Title: "Traveler" (+2 to all stats)
    Exclusive Glass Phoenix Glider
    Exclusive Desert Assassin Plate Costume
    10 Evenstones
    10 Hereafter Stones
    7,500 in-game Credits ($50 value)
    60-Day Patron Status ($30 value)

SILVER FOUNDER’S PACK $49.99

Be the first to stake your claim in ArcheAge, the ultimate fantasy sandbox MMO. As a Founder, you’ll get Beta access plus Patron bonuses, perks, and a head start on our live launch.

INCLUDES:
    Access to all Beta Tests and Events
    Exclusive Title: "Founder" (+1 to all stats)
    Experimental Glider
    2,500 in-game Credits ($20 value)
    30-Day Patron Status ($15 value)

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Buy your way into alpha... that's rich! I'd just love to pay money to help you test your game that you plan to make money on... .... yeah...

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Meh imo it's more shocking that people will spend 40+ on BETA invites. At least this gives you ingame stuff lol. Granted I would never do it.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level

It really looks good. The only thing that troubles me is that it seems a lot of the stuff runs client side, and there are tons of reports of blatant hacks. (Dayz style). Hopefully trion got their shit together.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by guartz View Post
    It really looks good. The only thing that troubles me is that it seems a lot of the stuff runs client side, and there are tons of reports of blatant hacks. (Dayz style). Hopefully trion got their shit together.
    Considering it's a Korean MMO, where most gamers play at those PC Bang centers, it doesn't surprise me they have a lot running client side, nor would I be surprised if it's not changed, for state-side release.