FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Trion just changed the siege schedule to start nearly 4 weeks early. L O FUCKING L. These guys are the biggest dunces in the MMO industry now. Holy shit they're bombing worse than the Wildstar developers.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

and the fuck ups keep coming. so the two types of rng boxes have certain items that come from them. apparently if you fill your inventory, leave 3 spots open, 1 for the box(s), 1 for the item you want (have to have one, rumbling tree sapling, superior red regrade charm, heroic dwarf elixir (500 labor pot, no cooldown), you can spam open the chests (they always give two items) and one of two things will happen.
    you'll get a message saying your inventory is full
    or you'll get another of the item you wanted, and the last inventory spot will fill up with the 2nd item. Just remove that 2nd item so your back to 1 spot open, and keep opening boxes lol. Game is so fucking fucked at this point.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airewen Moonflower
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Seems the marketplace is shut down due to a dupe exploit of some sorts. Funny how Reddit and a couple folks here said "enjoy your ban." Enjoy your ban of what? The sheer amount and variety of cheating/hacking/botting in this so called AAA is something that you would typically find in a Chinese MMO or bottom of the barrel Korean MMO. On top of that people who have cheated (and previously banned) has resulted in some of them to get their accounts reinstated. A strong indicator is being a whale or knowing a whale and obtaining said account on their behalf. Wonderful.

Also considering that this game has no historical emotional attachment (i.e. SWTOR, FFXI, FFXIV, TESO) people who do get banned probably wouldn't give a shit. Oh look, I got banned from a third rate Korean MMO... oh woe is me... woe is me. Spent thousands of dollars and got banned? Whelp you got a decent chance of getting your account back anyways.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

yeah, so they took the marketplace down when this game to light:

step 1 buy an apex (ingame item you use to receive ingame store credits, cost about 10bucks i think, can buy off the auction house)
    step 2 use item (3 second cast timer) and before the cast timer finishes, enter mirage isle through one of the various portals in the game.
    step 3 arrive in mirage isle, with the credits on your account, and the apex still in your inventory.
    step 4 rinse repeat...

fucking trion fucked up so bad with this game

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

What Korean grinder that has hit the states hasn't been either fucked up by the NA hands that touched it or just fucked up in general through basis of being a Korean grinder? I'm seriously dissapointed that this game has lost steam this quickly. There's a lot of room out there for a free-wheeling pirate simulator, so to see it burn like this kinda sucks.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    What Korean grinder that has hit the states hasn't been either fucked up by the NA hands that touched it or just fucked up in general through basis of being a Korean grinder? I'm seriously dissapointed that this game has lost steam this quickly. There's a lot of room out there for a free-wheeling pirate simulator, so to see it burn like this kinda sucks.
    absolutely agree luc.

thing is, the underlying game is great... that it's exploitable through whatever reason, is shitty, and it's caused the downfall of the game.
    the naval pvp and open world feel was very very awesome. but not awesome enough to keep me paying them money for an utterly flawed design. Hell I re-installed Tera to fuck around with that, atleast the cash shop can't be glitched out (least not to my knowledge) lol

THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Agg and Sekz have practically withdrawn at this point. Between the lack of good fights without requiring 40+ and hearing that TWO is earmarking $20k USD for their siege scroll (you read that correctly) so they don't get fucked, this has become an absolute joke.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Guess I'm glad I didn't buy into all the hype of people trying to get me to play the game... that reminds me of the wildstar hype...

Learned my lesson long ago about games with shops, and to do testing with alpha/beta first or waiting until its out a bit first if not able to alpha/beta.

Even if archage had some soorta cat like girls, can't get past all the bad...! At least ffxiv is still decent enough after 1 year... >.>

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

^ Hype is all Korean Grinders have at this point. The NA constantly hope and pray that the games not only launch big, but have this long-lasting career, but what one ever has? I can't think of a single one.

A game lasts because of a lot of factors, but one thing it absolutely needs (aside from working correctly) is a narrative. I haven't seen a single Korean Grinder that has any sort of real narrative. Nice tits on the ladies and "freedom" isn't enough.

What keeps you there? That's what companies should be asking. Its not a cash shop and bugs galore.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Persona Nongrata
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Ya, all the games in Korea look nice. But i've been burned from too many of them to really believe the hype.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

A fantasy MMO can't last without decent PVE. The problem with PVP focused MMO's is they're all the rage until a newer one comes out. This has been the MO of every single so called top PVP guild going on how many years now? Give it 3-6 months then bounce to a newer one. The ones that sort of want to stick it out are left with no competition and are basically forced to do the same.

Warhammer to Aion to GW2 to Elder Scrolls to ArcheAge. Black Desert is next on the list i assume. Then on to another.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Actually, it's not the lack of PvE, or how it was PvP focused, that hurt this game. It was how the game built itself up as a PvP focused game, but took every opportunity to stifle it with some really wacky shit. Some of the biggest offenders include:

A. The crime and jury system. Terrible guilds consistently let themselves get fucked until they could build enough infamy on their opponents to send them to jail, instead of working through engagements to reach their own victory.
    B. The ability to accrue infamy in Auroria and Freedich, the latter of which is one of the most potent PvP hotspots in the entire game (Hasla being the other). Auroria had potential as well, but it's stifled by this as well as...
    C. The ability to purchase one's own siege scroll for their castle, effectively denying an element of PvP that has been talked up since pre-release. See the earmark I mentioned above.
    D. War cycles in PvP zones. War or Peace. Cut out this Defcon 5 bullshit.
    E. The current water combat meta, which is to strap on plate and an archer spec, hump the sea floor, pop Dahuta's Bubble and faceroll anyone stupid enough to come play in the water with you. People won't try ship-to-ship engagements unless they're unafraid to lose, or they have a much larger presence than the opposition. They'll pop their boat before they're locked in combat and hit the water.

This game somehow managed to out-carebear GW2, which is shocking when you consider that Edge of the Mists is nothing more than a PvD k-train since its inception.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Double post, but this is worth it.

Suspensions and bans are going out regarding the recent Marketplace/APEX exploits. Shit's being handed out so random, it makes Salvage bans pale in comparison.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

One of the major issues I have (aside from all of the game design ones listed) is that for some reason I have a horrible bit of lag on almost everything I do in this game. It's like there is a brief pause on just about every skill press, and lots of times things like opening ui windows the game hangs for a second or 2. Recently been dabbling back in swtor, that game just runs so much smoother, despite my fps being pretty much the same between the 2 games.

That's honestly been an issue with Rift, too. I don't know if it's their servers, being DDoS'd, or what, but ability lag is kinda becoming Trion's thing.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airewen Moonflower
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Finally Scott Fartsman made an official apology:

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

20 year-old CEO. Damn he's got a babyface.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrosia View Post
    Finally Scott Fartsman made an official apology:

lol, so apparently dude got banned from the forums for 24hr for this.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airewen Moonflower
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Haha yeah... but he said it was so worth it. The server status page got 1400 pages (14k responses) and almost 2.5 million views. There are some rather odd gifs in that mega mega thread lol.

I'm speechless right now at everything that is going on with ArcheAge. The level of hacks/cheats/exploits/people getting their banned accounts back/server issues/etc. for a supposedly AAA MMO title...

I followed this game for quite a while, over 2 years, played Korean closed/open beta as well as the Russian closed/open beta... never got into the North American alpha/beta since you had to pay...

I went from angry to sad to speechless to I don't know how to feel now...

I hope it was well worth it for the people that made this decision (people at top of the totem pole at TRION).

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

You'd think some lessons would have been learned when your creator is an industry veteran who created Lineage.