+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

This game takes me from 6 to 12 every time i see a new vid.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airewen Moonflower
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Thanks so much for the videos! Love the last video. A High Elf dancing to What is Love is perfect.

*sheds a tear*

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Here is another castle siege video, this one is an official one.

There are 3 continents, the west one is western themed and the eastern one is eastern themed. The north continent is just free space for people to build and conquer.

Here is the Capital of the Eastern continent

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

oh man I need this game along with PSO2. It's like everything I ever wanted.

I gotta say, as much as I'm looking forward to GW2, this game is looking like what an MMO should be.

XI was, and will always be, better.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Told myself I wouldn't get excited for another MMO...

But as I have learned from playing Square-Enix titles, I will not get excited until I play it. That being said damn I hope this game is as good as it looks.

This game looks great and seems very complex in a good way. That being said, it's probably going to come out in the States post-apocalypse.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

I also hate how by the time it does come out that all the best builds and combos will be figured out. Half the fun is figuring it out yourself i think.

That kraken is terrifying.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis View Post
    This game looks great and seems very complex in a good way. That being said, it's probably going to come out in the States post-apocalypse.
    Yeah it definitely does. It's almost difficult to understand what's going on just watching these korean videos and not knowing very much about the game. Probably right though, we won't see this game until 2014.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Jorildyn View Post
    Yeah it definitely does. It's almost difficult to understand what's going on just watching these korean videos and not knowing very much about the game. Probably right though, we won't see this game until 2014.

I have to admit the game is very complex, it's not a hold your hand linear themepark. Although it does have some themepark elements in it to help people get started in the game, but other than that ArcheAge is a wide open sandbox. If your an old school gamer, this game is pretty much Ultima Online/Lineage put together with Cry Engine 3 graphics.

You can build anything, from ships to houses to castles. If you want you can just set sail to a far away island and build a nice house/farm there and just chill out, or you can become a Pirate and lay waste to the land and get it's spoils. Or you can start up a guild and create your own faction on the server and rule it any way you wish. There is just so much freedom in this game.

As for the game coming out in the west, yea that might be for awhile. But XL games has singed with a Chinese publisher and a Russian publisher, both should be coming out this year in those regions. Jake Song has said in a recent interview that he wants AA to have a flawless release before he looks for a western publisher.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

In PVP if you gank someone of your own faction or alliance his blood will be splattered everywhere (It's kinda gory) and witnesses to the crime can pick up the blood and submit it (just click on it in your inventory) and report it, and that player will be put on trial. If you are found guilty, you get sent to jail.

Also if you If you decide to steal something from someone else (ie steal someones crops or rob someones house), you will leave behind footprints for each item you steal! (you are given a pop-up window to confirm that you do infact want to steal their stuff). Players can pick up these footprints and report you for the crime. Again you will be put on trial and if found guilty you will be sent to jail.

Every time you are found guilty and get sent to jail your crime points increase. If your crime points reach 100 points you are considered an outlaw, and everything will kill you on site (Guards, merchants, AH vendors).

When in jail you can do mini-games or try and escape. Here is a video of someone in jail.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Video of underwater game play, there is a whole new world under the ocean!

this game is going to ruin lives

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

If we ever get to play it!

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Night/deep sea diving is freakin awesome lol.

Unfortunately I know exactly 0 people irl that would enjoy this game. ><

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airewen Moonflower
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Bombur View Post
    I have to admit the game is very complex, it's not a hold your hand linear themepark. Although it does have some themepark elements in it to help people get started in the game, but other than that ArcheAge is a wide open sandbox. If your an old school gamer, this game is pretty much Ultima Online/Lineage put together with Cry Engine 3 graphics.

Sandbox with elements of theme park. Sold. Although the videos were doing a good job. Sandbox is definitely rare (I would say extremely rare) to find these days. Don't think this might be a complete list of sandbox games (but it might come close).

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cf...627122#4627122

And I agree on the part that it will take some time to come here in the Wild Wild West. I wouldn't be surprised it if doesn't come till 3rd/4th quarter 2013, unless they are going full steam ahead behind the curtains.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

This will be the first properly funded sandbox.

Am I the only one who thought the underwater environment looked sparse and boring? I was hoping it would be a lot more atmospheric underwater. I'm excited for this game and everything, but honestly, there weren't even any fish down there. Badass diving helmets though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast