+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Alderaan View Post
    This will be the first properly funded sandbox.
    Yes Finally !!! I've seen so many low budget indie sandboxes games go down the drain the past few years it ain't funny, and the ones still running like Darkfall/MO/Xsyon are so underfunded it makes them totally unplayable.

XL games singed an agreement with Tencent games for a whopping 40 million US to publish the game in China. They also signed an exclusive agreement with 2K games to make a MMO using one of 2k's properties.

Also don't forget Jake Song is the father of Korean mmo's and is a god in Korea. Then you have Min-Hee Jeon (One of the greatest Korean Magwa/fantasy writers ever and is again a god in Korea) as the lead lore writer. So you have every investor in Korea bending over trying to get into the action. I bet ArcheAge probably has better funding than most main stream games.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

There was a major patch this past week, and to everyone's surprise Rifts started appearing. Monsters came out of the rifts and started attacking everyone, and attacking settlements.

This is exactly just like Rifts from Rift. This adds a whole new element to the game.

Here are some videos that the Russians have made.

Some pics from the Russians

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Now where have I seen that UI before...?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Fan made Navel warfare video.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Now where have I seen that UI before...?
    When you play FPS, do you say "Where have I seen this control scheme before?" everytime?

Relic Horn
    BG Level

lol

Relic Horn
    BG Level

God damn this game has always looked so amazing. ;(

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Ooops double post... >.<

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Here is the Journey of a player going from the Elf starter area to the main capital city.

Reminds me of FFXi, going from San d'oria to Jeuno at lvl 20.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

The end reminded me of every time I said I wish Skyrim was an MMO. ; (

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia View Post
    When you play FPS, do you say "Where have I seen this control scheme before?" everytime?
    I did back during the era of Goldeneye and Perfect Dark, yes.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

New video that shows off the new stealth mount, Tractors that one can use for their farms, new catapults, flippers for swimming, and other stuff.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Well CB4 ended yesterday, and to mark the event, XL Games made a Party Cruise Ship and a tropical island where people could party. Although some people had other things in mind...lol

The Last Patch also included weddings !!

I can see Foxer and Cian finally getting married

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airewen Moonflower
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

A couple of new videos came out from the Yogcast. I wish they were a bit more serious like in the Guild Wars 2 videos showing off all the wonderful classes, but since this is in Korean (and chances are they barely understood anything) their attention span went all over the place.

Archeage Beta: Part I

Archeage Beta: Part II

I was kind of shocked that disco dancing lights come into effect when several people are dancing in one spot. Also having more than one person on a mount is nifty (although I know this isn't the first MMORPG to do this). The Ferres race look pretty cool O:

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bombur View Post

I can see Foxer and Cian finally getting married
    wut? lol

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrosia View Post
    A couple of new videos came out from the Yogcast. I wish they were a bit more serious like in the Guild Wars 2 videos showing off all the wonderful classes, but since this is in Korean (and chances are they barely understood anything) their attention span went all over the place.

Archeage Beta: Part I

Archeage Beta: Part II

I was kind of shocked that disco dancing lights come into effect when several people are dancing in one spot. Also having more than one person on a mount is nifty (although I know this isn't the first MMORPG to do this). The Ferres race look pretty cool O:
    Yeah, this game looks like it's going to take a few years from my life easily. There's just so much you can do and it's only in closed beta still. Also, Yogs' videos are all funny as shit, but they actually go through a decent amount of detail/info since they're playing with Boon. We actually used to play K-TERA with Boon back in the 50 cap. Like I just learned you have to grow your own trees to chop 'em down to be able to craft a stack of 100 logs to carry over to your builing site to start building your house! Yogs' channel just has a funny way of doing just about everything. Haha!

Also, moving while you're dancing = epic.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

"This is wierd! It's so Asian! I'm talking to a giant lion!" lol

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airewen Moonflower
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Glad you liked the videos! I'm happy there is a 3rd guy in the voice chat, he seems to balance things out. He is a bit more serious and kindly directs the other folks (sometimes) on where to go and explains stuff along the way as they travel the World. I'll break this post into 3 parts.

Part I.

An article posted on Massively a couple of days ago.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/03...s-up-for-cbt5/

ArcheAge evaluates CBT4 and revs up for CBT5

"After 95 days of intense testing, ArcheAge has put an end to the game's fourth closed beta and is evaluating the results in preparation for the next round. XLGAME's Jake Song said to the press that over 2,000 pieces of feedback were gathered from the event and most all of them were directly addressed by the team.

ArcheAge's fourth closed beta test expanded the game significantly. Three land regions, four sea zones, siege warfare, pirates, an auction house, the Kraken, and the new Hariharan race were added for players to try out. The team also improved the look of the Ferre race and clarity during character creation. During the event, XLGAMES incorporated a Footprint system into the game that would "mark" a trespasser who attempted to steal another player's resources, such as cutting down trees.

One new feature was removed, however. The team had a combustible liquor barrel in the game but yanked it when griefers threw it into the middle of a wedding ceremony and killed everyone.

As the devs put a wrap on closed beta four, Jake Song says that they're hard at work preparing for the fifth test. Before that happens, however, the team will attempt to fix many of the bugs that popped up during the last test, improve client downloading speeds, and incorporate instant dungeons and housing improvements."

Part II.

Wallpapers and stuff.

http://age.qq.com/#/age_image/image_game_wallpaper

Part III.

More shenanigans from the Yogscast crew:

Home Sweet Home.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eragon Mcdohl
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Oh god. When the house caught fire, I lost it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast