FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Quote Originally Posted by Odon View Post
    PvE sucks dick in this game.
    ^ The PvE is shit. Fighting over the PvE is what makes it fun.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

If you play ArcheAge for the PvE then I don´t even

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

yeah, the fight was a joke, but only because we were organized, a guild of 50 with 4 galleons isn't going to kill kraken.

our fight went smooth only because we had probably 50-80 faction members from other guilds focused on protecting us...

and the West on kyrios is unorganized as fuck, they have no alliances that i'm even aware of.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The game is driven mostly by player interaction and community focus rather than individual heroism and "wow I feel like a badass for soloing X", which is a nice change of pace. There's plenty of other games that provide those situations, but not many that provide what ArcheAge does.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    The game is driven mostly by player interaction and community focus rather than individual heroism and "wow I feel like a badass for soloing X", which is a nice change of pace. There's plenty of other games that provide those situations, but not many that provide what ArcheAge does.
    It'd be my go to MMO if it actually had PVE to go with all the player interaction. I really enjoy the emphasis on crafting as well as the class system and game world. The stupid drama and epeen nonsense was fun in my 20's but i could give 2 shits about that garbage now.

I can't really agree that MMOs have turned into solo-fests. Perhaps in the leveling process, sure, but most still seem to cling pretty feverishly to running dungeons and raiding as their endgames, with those that have PvP being a matter of having a good pre-made or accept getting rolled. Something more open world friendly is really what I'm after, but not in the same fuck you vein as XI HNMs and the like where it just turns into contested resources those with the most bots/bodies win. In the end, I'm not out to schmooze with people I'd never like in reality, nor do I have it in me to put up with schedules or politics on who really deserves what.

Makes me wish Rift's Dimensions system wasn't so rigid. If people could literally make areas from scratch with their own custom scripts/events, I have no doubt there'd be some amazing content made.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Haalia Melchiott
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Haalia on Inoch. Playing with some old XI'ers, having fun in an open world game at long last again. Except now I can kill the people I don't like.

Perfect example: farming Hasla tokens is a lot like ye olde colibri camps. Except now we can just flag and drive out competitors from our spot.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Odon: holy fuck that was close

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Etnonmoreris on Inoch East.

Joined a growing guild of a bunch of alpha and beta players. I think we're the only guild on East with a fishing boat, working on #2 and possibly #3. Suddenly most of the fishermen (except the Indonesian guild whose sole purpose is to leech frenzied fishing spots) want to join us.

Have yet to do Hasla weapon farm or GHA because I'm too busy playing Farmville with the guild. Also doesn't help I'm playing a full support class that does absolutely no dps and can't solo worth a damn.

Watched this dude Pace22 on twitch the other day, his guild doesn't seem very big, but they are some pretty successful fucking pirates lol Makes me want to start playing it myself, but my internet/rig isn't all that great for competitive PVP atm.

Ksandra Needs To Post Tits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    Odon: holy fuck that was close
    Haha yeah we had it at 1.8k HP. RIIIIIIIIIIIIP

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Got our first kraken glider drop today... fucking sweet ass loot. it's considered freelot for everyone in the raid, and FatFat was the winner, he bout shit himself, lol

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Watched a video of this thing... So it takes ~10 ships, 4 cannons each, constantly firing, to kill this thing and is tanked by one person, and a few healers, who are actually under water, right?

So, basically, a handful of people, not on a leaky boat, are gonna save the raid?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

We(assorted East guilds) tried to get the first kraken on my server last week a couple times but their was lots of... inefficiency on the first night (and not enough galleons, I think 8 or 9). I'm not real clear on the next events but it sounds like the West tried and some East guilds where not letting that happen so when we tried again for our side West came in force to stop us. I believe they went on to take it for the first that night or the next. I'm not sure if our side will be able to handle the amount of organization needed for the bigger events, it seems the west has a huge guild that can kind of lead the mob, whereas east side has more guilds that are a little smaller. It's like Russia vs. EU lol. We also have a few of the typical asshole infighting guilds to deal with (Germany lolz)...

It also feels like every time I've been in any kind of combat at sea I have incredible LoS issues as a predominately Occultism (more stationary than most) character.

I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Purrrfect, what guild are you in on Inoch? I somewhow ended up in Goonies and I recall of the botched Kraken attempt. Freakin Calm decided it was a good idea to crash his galleon right into the Kraken on the first approach lol. I wasn't in the raid but was on the Raidcall as it happened. I'm usually up to speed on the East guild drama. And yea Sanctus and a bunch of guilds from West took server first kill.

And for some reason Goonies keeps taking more and more members from a bunch of other smaller guilds (TDG, Police, Meowcenaries, and god what else that have folded).

Also fuck pirates who sink empty fishing boats. At least let them get some fish in the hold before you do your pirating.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I'm in Quixotic. I was even late like an hour or 2 to the first kraken attempt and they still had not started by that point.

I think we only have one guy with a fishing boat in our guild atm (shame because sport fishing is funs), but the other day Criminals decided they wanted to sink it. So no boat atm for that. Couple weeks ago everyone was cool, he had like 3 or 4 clippers following him to various fish spots, even an occasional red, with no troubles.

BG Level

Guild built a mansion today. Built from the ground up in less than 24 hours. The fact that it took 100 stone packs is plain stupid.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Fuck yeah Trion bout to break the god damn best MMO I´ve played since XI (pre-abyssea) within the first 3 months of game release. Absolutely brilliant.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Quote Originally Posted by Virg View Post
    Fuck yeah Trion bout to break the god damn best MMO I´ve played since XI (pre-abyssea) within the first 3 months of game release. Absolutely brilliant.
    What are they doing? I stopped playing because I got kind of tired of Kraken 24/7 and hacks galore.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I have no clue what he's talking about. I don't see anything on the first two pages of the subreddit.

Only thing I can think of is that Auroria continent patch is coming soon? Which is supposed to be really good.

Also they've been cracking down on hacks a lot the past couple of weeks. They're still there but they're a lot less blatant now because Trion finally stopped gathering info and started acting on it. There have been some false positives naturally but those seem to get sorted very quickly. Most importantly though, they're repairing the damage the hacks have done to economy by removing the gold generated by it, no matter how far down the line it has gone.

EDIT: Oh I see what he might be talking about. Hardly going to ruin anything. They're adding the next tier of Hasla weapons. Weapon crafting was already fucked and now it's just going to stay fucked. More people in Hasla just means you need to "get gud" at claiming. Not the end of the world. I agree it sucks for weapons crafters but it already sucked pretty fucking bad so I don't know what you expected.