Thread: Atma Effects & Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

They're coming to take me away. Ha Ha!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cymmina View Post
    JP wiki lists it as this when run through the translator:

INT +10
    Magic Attack Strength +10
    Refresh (+5 MP/3sec)
    Those are stats for the synthetic atma of the Heavens from completing Windy missions. The atma dropped by ovni has the same name but different stats.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Sinharvest seems to think crit rate caps at 70% , can you post a parse to shut him up pls

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Code:
    Melee Damage 
    Player            Melee Dmg   Melee %   Hit/Miss   M.Acc %  M.Low/Hi    M.Avg  #Crit  C.Low/Hi   C.Avg     Crit% 
    Helene                30547   65.42 %     231/10   95.85 %    26/261    66.30    165    63/484  158.61   71.43 % 
    Klm                    4126   39.88 %       66/4   94.29 %     22/69    47.60     21    54/120   94.48   31.82 % 
    Lucie                   420  100.00 %        5/3   62.50 %       0/0     0.00      5     69/99   84.00  100.00 % 
    Tigerwoods           237705   72.72 %   2187/120   94.80 %     0/107    50.20   1609    47/224  129.70   73.57 %
    Was actually parsing counter rate and defenses in this test, but here's the offense portion of it.

Not going to get a 3.57% surplus in a sample of 2.2k hits I don't think, lol.

TSwiftie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Katoke View Post
    Sinharvest seems to think crit rate caps at 70% , can you post a parse to shut him up pls
    Just do RR + GH and use a Jupiter's Staff. Crit Rate+90% is obvious. If he wants me to post my 160 hit parse, I'm more than happy to though -_-

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Kirschy View Post
    Just do RR + GH and use a Jupiter's Staff. Crit Rate+90% is obvious. If he wants me to post my 160 hit parse, I'm more than happy to though -_-
    Please do, he's a very stubborn creature.

TSwiftie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Please do, he's a very stubborn creature.
    Code:
    Player            Melee Dmg   Melee %   Hit/Miss   M.Acc %  M.Low/Hi    M.Avg  #Crit  C.Low/Hi   C.Avg     Crit%
    Kirschy               21864   90.61 %      154/5   96.86 %     50/63    56.50    152    91/184  143.10   98.70 %
    The 2 non-crits occurred at the end when the lower cor roll brought my total crit rate to 96%.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvrdragon View Post
    Those are stats for the synthetic atma of the Heavens from completing Windy missions. The atma dropped by ovni has the same name but different stats.
    Yeah, that's the one he is asking about. Just confirmed it is 10 MAB, the different description is just the usual pro translation team.

Err, didn't Kirschy point out that it doesn't in another thread? 'nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    don't have it, but according to alla it's 10 seconds and ignores the bp- cap

WTF really? That's awesome if it does... also yeah, someone was saying something to me in-game the other day that Atma effects also transfer to pets? Or at least Avatars anyway, so that kind of fucks things up for SMN. I've been running around using Ambition & Heavens (windurst not Ovni) for the Refresh and other goodies that come with those, but shit if I can use Baying Moon & Beyond to boost magical pacts... oh lawd.

Well, my world just got flipped upside down. No idea wtf to use on SMN now in Abyssea... I mean yeah shit's situation, with Refresh being better if I"m primarily doing support & healing but for the DD pacts... orz.

EDIT: Bah sorry for the double post.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Malacite View Post
    WTF really? That's awesome if it does... also yeah, someone was saying something to me in-game the other day that Atma effects also transfer to pets? Or at least Avatars anyway, so that kind of fucks things up for SMN. I've been running around using Ambition & Heavens (windurst not Ovni) for the Refresh and other goodies that come with those, but shit if I can use Baying Moon & Beyond to boost magical pacts... oh lawd.

Well, my world just got flipped upside down. No idea wtf to use on SMN now in Abyssea... I mean yeah shit's situation, with Refresh being better if I"m primarily doing support & healing but for the DD pacts... orz.

EDIT: Bah sorry for the double post.
    Yeap, pretty much all out situational, which is actually kind of cool, really, I definitely sometimes wish my other jobs didn't use the exact same atmas every single time.

For pet soloing/duoing I like regen + refresh, if your pet lives 3 minutes that's like 600 hp, which translates to ~50%, which translates to another 1.5 minutes, which means another 300ish, which means another 45 sec, blah blah. BST and SMN both using it can take down damn near anything.

For basic low man shit where I'm pretty much just on smn so our regular healers can take a break and do something else, I tend to go with 15/tic with ambition, for obvious reasons.

For pure DD, you have options between physical and magic setups, and further can consider whether refresh is going to matter or not, which it very well may not.

Plus, it's worth noting that for the first time ever, pets can rock movement speed "gear," via ambition, which opens up a plethora of new utility.

So, Voracious Violet applies to all pets then? Oh good lord SE wth... maybe that's why DRG's Empyrean WS is just a Wheeling Thrust +1 lol? Even still, shit, VV is doubly nasty for a BST damn...

Would this warrant using Stout Arm on PUP then for the RNG frame? Oh good lord, Atma of the Beyond & Minikin Monstrosity (or Baying Moon) for a Spiritreaver automaton... any PUP tried this yet?

Ridill
    BG Level

For pure pet dd on bst I generally go RR+SA, cuz there's no way your pet is anywhere near att capped, and meh @ regain when you have RR on. I'm not positive but I'm fairly confident that 40att on a pet with only like 100 att over base is more significant than 5 DA. I suppose I should parse it. There's also that haste one...

For melee, I'm honestly not sure between GH (which I haven't grabbed yet) and VV as your 2nd atma. GH is definitely insane in pet tanking scenarios as well.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Mercilessturtle View Post
    Yeah, that's the one he is asking about. Just confirmed it is 10 MAB, the different description is just the usual pro translation team.
    Isn't 10 MAB noted as MAB: Minor? I have both the Windy atma and Baying Moon and the Atma Enthusiast NPC lists them both as MAB: Major in the text log.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    Isn't 10 MAB noted as MAB: Minor? I have both the Windy atma and Baying Moon and the Atma Enthusiast NPC lists them both as MAB: Major in the text log.
    Ya I was going to ask if this was wrong as well. Atma of the Beyond also specifically states "Magic Atk Bonus" while Heavens says "Magic Attack"

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Atma seem poorly translated. The help text gives you an idea of what to look for, but the potency is all over the map and the terms aren't well standardized. For instance, "Enmity Decrease when taking damage: Major" Okay, Up or Down?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    There's about 10 or so atmas that have the wrong description in game. You can find the list on the POL site, the list on the wiki has the description as it should be according to the updated list.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Because it's the only one I have at the moment for the DD collection, SA on Garuda makes her hit upwards of 2.5k Pred Claws, which is a HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE boost... Can't wait til I get RR and pump shit out on her.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

That's why I tested, heavens just has an inconsistently translated description, it is 10 MAB. Only the "some specific element attack" ones are damage %. Just went and tested atma of the gales, it is 30%. Nice for pup and smn.

Malacite: Stop derping all over the forums. Drg's pet does so little damage it isn't even worth mentioning. An automaton is less than 10% of a pup's damage when DDing, you don't pick your atmas for the 10% you pick them for the 90%. And beyond doesn't help pup until we get blizz5, automatons cast their highest nuke not whichever one you picked an atma for.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistrianna Galanodel
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I use SMN for almost everything in Abyssea and have tried many combinations of Atmas so far. The 2 best combinations i've found to be worthwhile so far are Razed Ruins and Voracious Violet for Predator Claws and Beyond + Minikin Monstrosity for Heavenly Strike. The first combo can push the damage of Predator Claws to as high as 4k on NMs, although its not as consistent due to the low Double Attack rate and you may not critical on every hit. The second combo can push Heavenly Strike well into 2.5k range with the right gear to support it and even do upwards of 3.5k with TP to fuel it. It's also good for farming a massive amount of TE's in between NM killing by having someone pull a ton of mobs, Sleepga'ing then and then using Diamond Dust x2 to kill the cluster of mobs. Works great and its waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more consistent than lolOdin.

Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    For pure pet dd on bst I generally go RR+SA, cuz there's no way your pet is anywhere near att capped, and meh @ regain when you have RR on. I'm not positive but I'm fairly confident that 40att on a pet with only like 100 att over base is more significant than 5 DA. I suppose I should parse it. There's also that haste one...

For melee, I'm honestly not sure between GH (which I haven't grabbed yet) and VV as your 2nd atma. GH is definitely insane in pet tanking scenarios as well.
    With what jug though? Flowerpot Merle?

EDIT: Oh sweet jesus, I forgot that P Claws is a critical BP... and Atma of the Beyond still adds a general 30 MAB, so Bliz 4 or no that's still a massive buff to an automaton nuking. If the PUP isn't going to be meleeing anyway you may as well.