+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41

Thread: Atma Effects & Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I'll double post to start it off, with something potentially relevant to the brewers in the audience:

Echoes gives +0.5 fTP to weaponskills of the current day. Might be good for WSs with no fTP scaling like Sanguine Blade? Well, scratch that on Sanguine Blade because fTP doesn't hit the large fINT term that makes it good, but maybe it has a use somewhere. >.>

Hateful Stream might be better though. +10% Day/weather bonus and +.25 fTP perfectly model its effects. It's probably right.

For posterity, I did:
    Ele WS damage = Floor(Floor( (Base Damage*fTP)+fINT, 1)*Day/Weather Bonus, 1)

Edit: Worked around the table thing, but I'm bitter my table-pasting superpower was taken from me so soon.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Got around to doing apoc atma.

Weapon used was Kitty Rod (288 delay) which should be fine for parser accuracy given capped gear haste. Took off and sacked all my double attack + triple attack gear. Job was mnk/dnc. Atmas were apoc / aquatic ardor / atma of the hero, so no extra double/triple attack outside apoc atma. Target were glen crabs in Abyssea Grau.

Here's the parse data: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UDW0MDOE
    Used the latest kparser.

Information from parse/Summary:

1180 melee rounds
    15.79 % triple attack rate (Probably 15?)

Only killed 3 mobs so extra rate being truncated by mobs dying is negligible.

Additional possibly interesting information:

Took ~1200 hits and parsed a 15.58% counter rate, was facing the mobs the entire time and no +counter/cs/perfect counter. Seemed a little high to me for 10% base + 5 merits, considering accuracy limiting it.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

You guys got Counter II at level . . . I want to say 86? The base is now 13% (18% with your merits), allegedly. Thanks a lot for running the test.

I knew I'd forgotten something! I haven't tested any Atma 24 hours!

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Forgot around 40-50% of the attacks against me were misses so that counter rate is meh anyway. 3% is a weird amount to increase counter by, but I'll take it.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ocara View Post
    Forgot around 40-50% of the attacks against me were misses so that counter rate is meh anyway. 3% is a weird amount to increase counter by, but I'll take it.
    Kparser automatically corrects for misses and things like ending rounds on a kill hit. It's generally pretty reliable, and if you find an error Motenten on Alla tolerates hearing about it nicely.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

There are six holes in my Atma collection that could use some quantification:
    * Atma of Nightmares - Dyna Tav win - Haste and Absorb duration (should just take two casts)
    * Atma of the Bushin - Maat's Cap - HP/MP (it may not be a percentage boost to outside Abyssea HP, but it probably is. Do without Cruor buffs.)
    * Atma of Hell's Guardian - PW - Zanshin (use a low Acc/base damage weapon. Don't get STR/DEX/etc buffs and just afk on one monster with Regen Atma on) and Demon Killer (would require BST AF3+1/2 body).
    * Atma of Luminous Wings - AV - Enmity -, and Physical Absorb (Kparser doesn't pick it up, but if someone sent me log files I have already written a script for it)
    * Atma of Camaraderie - Sandy WotG quest line - STP, Cure Cast Time, Song Recast Delay
    * Atma of the Truthseeker - Bastok WotG quest line - DEX, Darkness resistance

Most of these Atma are easy to test, and I've linked similar tests where applicable.

TSwiftie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    There are six holes in my Atma collection that could use some quantification:
    * Atma of Nightmares - Dyna Tav win - Haste and Absorb duration (should just take two casts)
    * Atma of the Bushin - Maat's Cap - HP/MP (it may not be a percentage boost to outside Abyssea HP, but it probably is. Do without Cruor buffs.)
    * Atma of Hell's Guardian - PW - Zanshin (use a low Acc/base damage weapon. Don't get STR/DEX/etc buffs and just afk on one monster with Regen Atma on) and Demon Killer (would require BST AF3+1/2 body).
    * Atma of Luminous Wings - AV - Enmity -, and Physical Absorb (Kparser doesn't pick it up, but if someone sent me log files I have already written a script for it)
    * Atma of Camaraderie - Sandy WotG quest line - STP, Cure Cast Time, Song Recast Delay
    * Atma of the Truthseeker - Bastok WotG quest line - DEX, Darkness resistance

Most of these Atma are easy to test, and I've linked similar tests where applicable.
    Nightmares: Haste - 5%, Absorb Duration +30%.
    (Dread Spikes 3:00 -> 2:51 = 5%)
    (Abs Duration 90s -> 117s = +30%)

Bushin: HP+ 200, MP +200. This is a static increase and is further enhanced by Curor Buffs.
    (Tested +200 before curor buffs. After curor buffs, I got +360. [200*1.8=360] Testing was done in Abyssea-dem, so no other factors involved.)

Camaraderie: sTP+10, Cure Cast Time ~-15%, Song Recast Delay -10s
    (Apoc Naked /w 10 hits = 139 tp -> 152tp. 139*1.1 = 152.)
    (Fraps Curaga IV as WHM/BRD naked 3 times /w 5 Cure Cast Merits => 65%, 63%, 64% -> 47%, 47% 46% ~15% sounds right, but I realize the test isn't amazing.)
    (Mazurka 24s -> 14s)

Truthseeker: DEX+20, Darkness+30
    (Used Equipment screen!)

I included a small note on each test, but I can elaborate on any testing mechanics if you need.
    I'll run tests on AV's Physical Absorb soon... but I have other things I want to test before the Zana rate on Hell's Guardian, I'm sorries .

Radsourceful

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Zanshin on Hell's Guardian is 100% on miss, my 120ish scythe skill can well attest to this.

Edit: To be fair I didn't do a rigorous test on this, but I've never seen it not zanshin

TSwiftie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Radec View Post
    Zanshin on Hell's Guardian is 100% on miss, my 120ish scythe skill can well attest to this.

Edit: To be fair I didn't do a rigorous test on this, but I've never seen it not zanshin
    That should be fairly easy for me to test then, lemme go out and do a simple test~

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I'd be unsurprised to see it give a 100% proc rate. "Minor" on Solitary One was ~+30%.

Thanks for all the tests/information. Damned near halved the list, and I've been holding off on some easy tests (MCrit).

TSwiftie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Code:
    Multi-attacks per attack (Zanshin):

Player               # Missed First Attacks    # DA w/Missed First   Possible Zanshin %
    Kirschy                                 198                    198             100.00 %

Player               Acc. Rate of First Attacks    Acc. Rate of Second Attacks
    Kirschy                                 17.50 %                        32.32 %

Player               # Melee Attacks    # Melee Rounds    Attacks/Round    # Extra Attacks
    Kirschy                          438               240                1                198

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Looks like I should be using hell's guardian on my gimp ass drg then until my level catches up to my polearm skill >.>

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beave View Post
    Looks like I should be using hell's guardian on my gimp ass drg then until my level catches up to my polearm skill >.>
    I've also added Acc values for the Atmas.

Thanks for the testing, guys!

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

With the upcoming zanshin update, I wonder if hell's guardian zanshin effect will only proc on missed first attacks, or if it will pump out a major boost to double attacks...

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Beave View Post
    With the upcoming zanshin update, I wonder if hell's guardian zanshin effect will only proc on missed first attacks, or if it will pump out a major boost to double attacks...
    will only work for sam main but will give em 100% zanshin attack(hasso) or 100% counter (seigan, TE up)!!

(imo it will be zanshin rate*"new bonus" rate )

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I will never be able to get a reasonable sample size for this, but my parse against Hecteyes with Resist Blind/Bind (Atma of the Impaler) and Resist Sleep (Atma of the Harvester) gave me about a 50% Resist! rate.
    Code:
    Casts Sleep = 24
    is asleep = 14
    Casts Bind = 12
    is bound = 5
    Casts Blind = 10
    is blinded = 5

(24-14) + (12-5) + (10-5) = 22 = Resist! count
    22/46 = 48%
    Though I may be incorrect (and I know they sometimes appear when they shouldn't), it is my understanding that "Resist!" indicates that a Trait has procced. If that is the case, and we assume that all the Atma I tested have equal proc rates, and we assume that Resist traits work this way instead of giving some kind of extra magic evasion, then it appears the resist proc rate on Resist: Major Atma might be somewhere near 50%.

Consequently, meleeing Hecteyes is a great way to test for magic absorb/annul rate. I might go back and increase my sample size yet. =p

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I figure I'll bump this to say that all the DA/TA/Zanshin Atma are done.

I might try to knock off some of the italics ones tonight, but please beat me to it and post it if you want! I'm trying to wrap up this project so I can tackle job abilities in earnest.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I think I'm kind of done with this project for now. Here is what remains:
    Spoiler: show
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Necroing this for the sake of testing! Below I have matched all the Atma that we don't have solid values for (but are possible to test) with the things about them that need to be tested. The tests range from "10 seconds tops" to "maybe two hours." If you are interested in contributing but don't know how to do a test, please post and ask.

Misc Tests

Magic Tests:

Enmity tests:

Bold = The ones that I don't have access to or think other people can do much faster than I can.
    Italics = The ones I anticipate testing shortly

Here is what's done: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Abyssea_Atma

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

There's a mistake on Vicissitude: it's listed as +40 defense, but it's only +30 (260 -> 290).

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Thanks, idk how I didn't catch that when I went to do the MDB tests.