+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 41 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Atma Effects & Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

TSwiftie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Atma Effects & Discussion

There's lots of untested effects of Atma, and making a new thread for each one seems silly. So hopefully we can get some good testing and discussion on atmas in here.

To start off, I ran a fairly simple test this morning while skilling up in Abyssea. I used VV + GH and parsed myself on crabs. I used MNK/NIN /w Earth Staff and no DA+ gear.

57 Double Attacks in 988 melee rounds, according to Kparser. This puts VV at ~5.77% Double Attack rate. A few people had commented that they were getting around 5% DA rate, so this isn't a huge surprise.

485 crits in 1045 total hits = 46.41% crit rate. The obvious problem is that I don't know my dDEX against crabs, but assuming it was capped, this would mean 5% base + 15% dDEX + 4% merits + xx% GH = 46.41%. This makes GH about ~22.4% crit rate at the very least, more if my dDEX wasn't capped. I don't know the statistics that well, but it seems that over 1,000+ hits having my crit rate vary by more than 2.5% seems unlikely. Does this mean that GH is probably closer to 25% /w capped dDEX? (And if so, that would imply some kind of crit cap when RR + GH are used together.) In any case more testing is def needed there~

And last~ Tested the counter rate of GH. Was hit 120 times, countered 236 times. 236 counters / 356 total hits = ~66.3% counter rate. My melee accuracy was 95%, which leads to a 69.8% counter rate. AF2 Feet were used during Counterstance which was on nearli full time, and Usu Hands were used full time. I'm guessing that leaves me at 62% Counter Rate + xx% from GH, which would be about ~8%. Unfortunately small sample size is small, but the counter+ seems to be between 5-10%.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I'm also getting 5-10% Counter from GH. Last parse had it at 7% on my DNC/WAR. I have some Gules Leggings with Counter +3 on them, but I only use that in my evasion build and don't think I wore them. That was only 14 counters though (~200 hits).

TSwiftie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Ran a quick test last night on crit rate+. Used RR + GH + Jupiter's Staff on MNK. Then had a COR use Rogue's roll on me, which landed on 11, so I was over 100% crit rate. Sure enough ~80 hits was 100% crit rate. On the second roll, it landed on 7, which should give me ~96% crit rate. In another ~80 hits, only 2 were non-crits. Seems fairly conclusive that there is no total crit rate cap. (If there is, it's like 98% or something, and would need a large sample size to determine for sure.)

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

You probably hear this enough, but you're my hero.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Was able to parse 70% counter rate (total) on mnk w/ GH today over a long period of time. Probably towards 75% as there were several occasions where counterstance wore off and I got hit 2-3 times before putting it back on.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrooge View Post
    You probably hear this enough, but you're my hero.
    LOL yeah no kidding, Kirschy is just a fountain of awesome information. So you really can have 100% crit rate, wow...

I'm curious though, at what point is a good cut off? Like, for instance Double Attack has diminishing returns so at some point you're going to want to focus on a different stat, I'm just wondering since critical hit rate appears to be the same kind of static increase (though much more potent thanks to things like RR and crit WS) what would you say is an optimal level to achieve before you stop loading up on +crit gear/buffs, if at all?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Kirschy is, and always has been one of the nicest people I've ever met. She's always lent a helping hand to me even before I was ever in a LS with her, and has always been nice to me when others haven't. She's awesome all around! And she's an amazing player to boot =P

Relic Horn
    BG Level

http://ffxi.wikiwiki.jp/?%A5%A2%A5%D...8%A5%DE#atma50

Can look what JPs know/think to know in comparison

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I was looking at the <Element> Attack atmas (Beyond, Smoldering Sky, Noxious Fang, etc.) and wondered how they came up with the varying numbers since the game description is "Major" for all of them, but some are 30 and some are 40 in the wiki. Ran the JP wiki through the translator, and they have those listed as percentages. The atmas appear to be calculated as a separate step in the magic damage calculation.

Lv 85 Rafflesia has 80 INT
    78+79 INT, 36+19 MAB, no potency merits, Neptune's Staff, neutral day

Water V test to verify Noxious Fang is +40% damage instead of +40 MAB:
    1526 = Backsolved damage without atmas
    1920 = Heavens+Baying Moon Atmas (removed 10 INT from gear to compensate for Heavens +10 INT)
    2137 = Noxious Fang Atma

This doesn't change a whole lot for BLM/RDM/SCH, since some combination of Minikin/Beyond/Baying Moon are the best atmas until Heroes comes out. It does change things for PUP since their Auto usually only casts their highest damage spell, maybe COR too. Probably old news, but I thought the clarification was worth mentioning.

TSwiftie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I appreciate all the comments, thanks all~

The JP Atma page is fairly interesting. Nice to see some values on the PDT of some Atma.

I was completely unaware of the Element+ being a separate term. That makes a few atmas more attractive than they were before, at least to me. Thanks for doing the test!

EDIT: Iratham still hasn't popped on Fenrir. Is it possible for anyone to run a quick test on Atma of the Cosmos for it's Darkness+ property? Easiest test would be using Infernal Scythe /w and w/o the atma to get the damage increase~

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Awesome testing on the 100% crit rate, much thanks!
    Also just for fun, Google translate from the jp wiki: Atma odd bird Haste +: know the true taste of small balls Haste +1% Avalerion.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Kirschy View Post
    EDIT: Iratham still hasn't popped on Fenrir. Is it possible for anyone to run a quick test on Atma of the Cosmos for it's Darkness+ property? Easiest test would be using Infernal Scythe /w and w/o the atma to get the damage increase~
    SCH (Noctohelix) or SMN (Lunar Bay/Night Terror) might be good choices to test for this too.

Quote Originally Posted by Humblejoe View Post
    Kirschy is, and always has been one of the nicest people I've ever met. She's always lent a helping hand to me even before I was ever in a LS with her, and has always been nice to me when others haven't. She's awesome all around! And she's an amazing player to boot =P
    Unlike some people I could name around here

Anyone here have Atma of the Azure Sky? Wiki just says Minor for BP timer, doesn't say exactly how much shorter, though I'm betting between 5~10 seconds. Also, didn't someone find out a while back that -BP timer actually caps? Just seems like a waste of an Atma to me compared to Minikin or Ambition or shit even Allure.

TSwiftie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Cymmina View Post
    SCH (Noctohelix) or SMN (Lunar Bay/Night Terror) might be good choices to test for this too.
    Fail just ran a test for me using Helix. 99 base, 138 /w Cosmos, which makes it +40%~ Thanks!

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Malacite View Post
    Anyone here have Atma of the Azure Sky? Wiki just says Minor for BP timer, doesn't say exactly how much shorter, though I'm betting between 5~10 seconds. Also, didn't someone find out a while back that -BP timer actually caps? Just seems like a waste of an Atma to me compared to Minikin or Ambition or shit even Allure.
    JP wiki says it is -10. A DD atma like VV or RR would probably be better for SMN to get more out of physical BPs.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Malacite View Post
    Unlike some people I could name around here

don't have it, but according to alla it's 10 seconds and ignores the bp- cap

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I'm guessing Atma of the Heavens (windy - not Ovni) works the same way as it is listed as Magic Attack + rather than "Magic Atk. Bonus" + like Baying Moon, etc, just for all elements instead of the one.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Fiarlia View Post
    I'm guessing Atma of the Heavens (windy - not Ovni) works the same way as it is listed as Magic Attack + rather than "Magic Atk. Bonus" + like Baying Moon, etc, just for all elements instead of the one.
    JP wiki lists it as this when run through the translator:

INT +10
    Magic Attack Strength +10
    Refresh (+5 MP/3sec)

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Cymmina View Post
    JP wiki lists it as this when run through the translator:

INT +10
    Magic Attack Strength +10
    Refresh (+5 MP/3sec)

So what does that mean exactly? How much damage does it add, and would it affect things like elemental weapon skills?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

That's the wording used for all the "magic attack bonus" ones also, I'll test it in a bit to be 100% sure (if nobody else gets to it before me), but it is almost certainly 10 MAB and the translators are just inconsistent as usual.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 41 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast