+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Sadly there won't be any NA Beta in the near future...

Right now B&S is in CB2, and Ncsoft has stated they wanted to have at least 5 betas and then Open Beta. So B&S probably won't be coming out till at least Q2 2012 in Korea, and who knows how long the west will get a release.

The Open game world is extremely small atm, but with every CB event they seem to be adding more zones. But there are instance dungeons all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombur View Post
    Sadly there won't be any NA Beta in the near future...

Right now B&S is in CB2, and Ncsoft has stated they wanted to have at least 5 betas and then Open Beta. So B&S probably won't be coming out till at least Q2 2012 in Korea, and who knows how long the west will get a release.

The Open game world is extremely small atm, but with every CB event they seem to be adding more zones. But there are instance dungeons all over the place.
    Unfortunately NcSoft is depending on guild wars 2 for their American and EU market, until they decide to localize B&S. Its a very smart move though having 2 different games in 2012 concentrating on 2 different markets.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Here is a Gon Destroyer at work, they are slow, but do massive attacks.

PVE

PVP

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meek Marcello
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Damn Gon is huge but i'm more surprised that people are playing male character.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Lonely View Post
    Damn Gon is huge but i'm more surprised that people are playing male character.
    The most popular race is by far the Lyn race, those loli's are everywhere...lol

For those that are interested, here are the story CS from the game.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Part 2

Double post bleh

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Bunch of vids from a friend:

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I've been dying to play this game since I first saw a trailer for it way back in 2008...

I happened to see that there's already a private server for this game even though it's still in closed beta. http://bns.atomixro.com/

Has anyone checked it out? I won't have my high speed connection back until next week, so I'll try and report back if no one else is brave enough to try it by then.

Here's some Assassin game play videos that I didn't I see posted already.

P.S. This thread belongs in the new MMO section if any mod happens to see this.

Formerly Raitoken
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Assassin looks like fun.

The thing that has me interested in this game is the art style and the range of motion. The ability to jump 20 feet in the air, run on water, glide, and jump off walls makes for a different experience that is more fast paced and dynamic. Too many games have all the action happening in one plane and adding some vertical elements would be really nice.

Also helps every chick other then the loli race is hot as hell.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

For anyone else interested in giving this game a trial, I just played a character through the starting area and I'm pretty surprised how well this plays for a P-Server of a game still in beta testing.

The cut scenes are pretty decent and fully subtitled in English. Most of what you will need to figure out how to play has been translated also. The combat seems pretty interesting and much different than I'm used to with other MMO's. Sprinting and jumping is pretty damn fun too.

I wouldn't recommend downloading with the links in their forum. Instead, just search for Blade & Soul (Atomix) [Dec-4 Update] on any major torrent site and I'm sure you'll find it.

we fuckin' stole it man.
    BG Level

awesome, thanks for this, can't believe i didn't know.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Just played assassin a bit and am having a blast with it.

The combat is fun and engaging. Being able to move around freely to avoid attacks is something that was sorely missed in games like FFXI. And there's just something about knocking an enemy to the ground with a bomb and then kicking them while they're down that I just can't get enough of!

What I don't really get, and I guess this is just the norm for MMO's nowadays, is I have had absolutely no need to interact with other players in any way. I haven't even died yet! The first dungeon I had to go through I was able to kill every single mob on my own without resting (I'm assuming it was instanced because there were no other players, the mobs didn't respawn, and the gate was a different color). I would say this may be just because this is a Pserver, but all the beta videos I've seen are solo play too, except for boss battles.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airewen Moonflower
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I would like to thank everyone who kept bringing us videos in the past, I know things have slowed down quite a bit with Blade & Soul, but maybe this is a sign that the game will be speeding up soon (hopefully for NA/EU folks next year).

There was a new article released from Massively yesterday:

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/03...ummoner-class/

Blade & Soul nearing commercial release, adding Summoner class

"NCsoft is loath to talk about its Blade & Soul martial arts MMORPG here in the West, so we have to rely on third-party fansites and Chinese/Korean translations for most of our info. The latest such comes courtesy of MMO Culture, and it features an interview from a recent Tencent Games media event with a couple of newsworthy notables.

First up is the fact that upcoming Korean and Chinese Blade & Soul beta phases will feature the new Summoner class. Not much is known in terms of class specifics yet, but the site says that it boasts an "easier" and "more relaxed" playstyle than other classes.

The interview also touches on Blade & Soul's business model and its impending release. Despite the fact that NCsoft titles like Aion and Lineage II have recently committed to free-to-play in North America, the firm isn't talking about any particular Blade & Soul payment model just yet. Finally, MMO Culture reports that Blade & Soul "is currently near the end of the development phase for commercial release," and given the lack of info on a Western client, we expect said release to be exclusive to the Chinese and Korean markets for now."

In my opinion, NCSoft is going to fully focus on Guild Wars 2 for 2012 [for the West] (being the year of the Dragon) and I think they have some ways to go before releasing additional info for us here in the West. So far all we have is a "placeholder" website. If release comes out soon for the Asian markets and the results are positive, then chances are we might see an early 2013 release.

Ching Chang Chong.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Ncsoft has officially announced the new Summoner class, but all the Summoner pets are all super cute anime pets...lol

They range from the super cute kitty cat, teddybear, cute raccoon, and so on....lol

Here is a video to show you the super cute summoner pets..lol

They even have a cute kitty cat music video to promote the Summoner Class..lol

http://www.inven.co.kr/webzine/news/?news=43878

Also Ncsoft has officaly announce CB3, that will start on May 9th and will run for 2 weeks till May 22nd. Ncsoft will be taking CB applications starting on Apr. 28th at the official B&S website. The lucky people who got invited will be announced on May.4. Players who have participated in previous betas don't need to sign up. For those unlucky players don't fret, Ncsoft will be having stress tests from Apr.25th to May 8th in which you can participate.

http://bns.plaync.co.kr/

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airewen Moonflower
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

O.K. people it is time. They made the announcement about half an hour ago letting folks know that the winners of CBT3 have been given out. You should be able to log in now and download the client.

Time to play Soul & Blade & Summoner & Long Cat

Yes I know... generic background is generic!

CBT3 won't start till May 9th (although those that got accepted to prior betas got an early access).

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airewen Moonflower
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Just a quick update. You can now download the Blade & Soul OBT client (I think it went up yesterday). You can reserve the server, race, and class you want as well as creating your character and name. This event will go from June 16 starting at 2 p.m. up to June 17 at 11 p.m. K.S.T.

OBT will start on June 21st.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shuichi Shadowstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrosia View Post
    Just a quick update. You can now download the Blade & Soul OBT client (I think it went up yesterday). You can reserve the server, race, and class you want as well as creating your character and name. This event will go from June 16 starting at 2 p.m. up to June 17 at 11 p.m. K.S.T.

OBT will start on June 21st.
    Where can one download the client?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airewen Moonflower
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I was going to say check here since it was possible to bypass the launcher and not be limited by its speeds (at least for me).

http://www.bladeandsouldojo.com/topi...download-link/

The problem it seems is that the links seem down and the only way to download it now is through the official website.

http://bns.plaync.com/download/client/index

Any of those 4 mirrors will let you download the launcher which will then download all the files needed. I was really limited by this, hence why I went with the direct Dojo links, but they went down for some reason.

Remember you need a valid KSSN and name as well attached to that number!

I'll check later today if there are any updates to this. I remember a couple of Russian fansites hosted the files for the closed betas. I'll check later on today to see if there are any links to those.

I'm shocked the direct links went down since that never happened for the closed betas.