BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airewen Moonflower
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

http://news.mmosite.com/content/2012...beatable.shtml

The latest statistics has witnessed the success of Blade & Soul in Korea. Within a week after the commercialization of Blade & Soul, the online player number ranking continues to maintain the top. Having much similarity to Aion from the same company NCsoft, Blade & Soul&'s future has been the hot topic to discuss.

Since commercialization, B&S has been taking the lead of the online player number. The result shows the Korean game industry to enter the NCsoft era, even the previous NO.1 Diablo 3 has to claim its ending in Korea.

Numerous Korean game industry experts are very optimistic about the future development of Blade & Soul in Korea, and looking forward to the success of the global launch. CN version is about to come on August, as the first destination of the global launch, Chinese game market has expressed their high anticipation for Blade and Soul.

Hopefully once Guild Wars 2 comes out, they ramp up the Japanese version followed by the NA/EU. I guess games these days that come out of South Korea go South Korea --> China --> Japan --> NA/EU.

And now we move to Fashion™

http://www.mmoculture.com/?p=2823

http://news.mmosite.com/content/2012...and_soul.shtml

"Blade & Soul has been launched in Korea less than a month ago, and NCSoft's promotional machine is stepping its game up by involving again the K-Pop Girl Group SECRET, that was already part of the game's promotion in multiple occasions.

This time the four members Hyosung, Zinger, Jieun and Sunhwa posed as characters from the game, and their outfits are being sold in the game’s cash shop, linked to a contest open to those that will purchase them.

They are now for sale in the game at a mere 10,000 Korean Won, which is around USD 8.00. These 4 dresses represent each race’s female side of things. This is no doubt another move to keep the fashion wary female gamers in Blade & Soul happy."

This is a picture of the group wearing said dresses:

http://img7.mmo.mmo4arab.com/news/20...23ho3_1280.jpg

And this is a picture of those same dresses ingame:

http://img6.mmo.mmo4arab.com/news/2012/07/25/bns.jpg

No word if they will have a male pop group sport outfits for the game in the near future.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrosia View Post
    They are now for sale in the game at a mere 10,000 Korean Won, which is around USD 8.00. These 4 dresses represent each race’s female side of things. This is no doubt another move to keep the fashion wary female gamers in Blade & Soul happy."
    Lol. They can't be this delusional.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    Lol. They can't be this delusional.
    Meow! Meow! Meow!

This game is weird.

Rainbow Dash was here,
    Applejack is a silly filly.

BG Level

Has anyone tried the KR version since release?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airewen Moonflower
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/09...s-headed-west/

The North American site is now up.

http://us.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/p...ss_release.php

Part of the Massively report:

"We want to keep the game exactly as it is," Levy assures us. "What they play now will be what you will play." There is one exception: Mechanics like levelling curve, drop rates, and instance resets will be tweaked for western audiences, as NCsoft believes there lies the gap between the two worlds of gamers. Apart from that, Blade & Soul is a Korean game, and it seems we will be playing a translated Korean game when it comes out.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Awesome. Today has been a great day so far.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Game mechanics like make the game easier -_-

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

One thing I like about B&S is that Ncsoft pounds out the content. Every month the game gets a new update. Unlike Tera were you have to wait 8-10 months for a single content update.

B&S's September update was a new level 45 instance dungeon(Has a sexy lady boss). A whole new area zone, and a new Archer class. PvP updates and adjustments to encourage more players to take part and there is now no max level cap increment in order to focus on class balancing and fine tuning.

Here is the video for the September update :

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airewen Moonflower
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Here is Step's lengthy review on Blade & Soul.

http://steparu.com/reviews/mmo-rpg-r...-online-review

Some comments that caught my attention(Many: I would still read his review and look at his videos):

Blade & Soul Online is one of the top games in South Korea right now and the games' hype doesn't seem to be dying down. Whenever I play a game that I really enjoy, I end up spending a lot of my time in that game until I burn out, which is what happened with Blade & Soul. I played this game hardcore for two months straight with ten hour long gaming sessions each day. Blade & Soul is by far my favorite all time oriental MMORPG even though it has some minor flaws. The design of the world is very beautiful and fits perfectly well with the characters in the game.

I actually fell in love with the story of Blade & Soul Online, I really enjoyed the awesome cutscenes it had. There are a bunch of likeable characters that I have met through the story. As for the story, it seemed a bit cliche and linear at first because of the whole revenge thing going on. Once I reached the second and third chapters of the game, the story evolved into something bigger. I don't want to spoil it much, but the plotline becomes a lot more complicated. The story line of Blade & Soul actually made me feel like I was part of the game,as I always found myself rushing through the main story quests because I wanted to know what was going to happen next. Unlike most MMORPG's the cutscenes in Blade & Soul are definitely worth watching. The whole game makes you feel like you're watching some kind of oriental movie flick or action anime.

Unlike most MMORPG's Blade & Soul uses a Bopae system when it comes down to equippable armor. What is this Bopae I speak of? A Bopae is divided into 8 pieces, think of it as your armor and such. Each piece is numbered one through eight, if you end up collecting a full set you will gain that Bopae's set bonus and an eerie blue glow on your character. Bopaes' also increases your characters overall attributes and can be enchanted once. Enchanting is not really necessary until you hit the level 36+ mark, and from there I suggest that players enchant critical on all eight of their Bopae pieces. If you do so, it will make your leveling life easier once you get a purple gem slotted in your weapon. Weapons in Blade & Soul can't be enchanted, however they can be socketed with gems. These gems play a very big role in this game, so it is a good idea to buy the best gems for your weapon.

Now that I have informed you about the Bopae system, the doboks in Blade & Soul does not give any stat bonuses. The doboks aka outfits are for looks only, which is why I love this game so much because I can wear any outfit I want without having to worry about gimping myself at all. It's a shame that most of the outfits in Blade & Soul Online are bind on pick up, which makes it much harder to collect all of the outfits. They also take up a lot of inventory space, at least for me because I love collecting them all. PlayNC announced that they are going to make a separate inventory just for the outfits alone.

One of the main reasons that players like myself enjoy playing Blade & Soul Online is because it has a very fun battle system. Players who watch videos of this game are often confused with the targeting system so let me explain how it works. First of all Blade & Soul is a semi-target action MMORPG, which means my character will auto lock onto a target that is in front of me. If I were to slightly turn to the right by a 20 degree angle, then I would still have that target locked on.Now if I were to perform a full 90 degree, then I would most likely lose control of my target. Blade & Soul has a very intense combo system because it's all about timing your skills in PvE and PvP. I really liked how the amount of skills I had on my character felt just right.

Tanking in Blade & Soul is really hard due to numerous reasons. For one thing, this game doesn't offer any classes that can heal other players very efficiently. The only sustain is from a few skills, potions, and life leeching gems that only proc when you hit a critical hit. Holding aggro is a pain in the butt, whoever deals the most damage will most likely pull an aggro, which leads to team wipes, and then blaming begins. Blade & Soul is all about how fast you can react in between boss attacks and memorizing patterns. As a tank your main job is to memorize all of the patterns, so that you can deliver massive amounts of DPS to help you hold aggro at the same time evade and parry/counter all of the bosses attacks. Not all of the boss attacks can be countered or parried, so you must also use your evasion skills by double tapping ss key for back step and the qq or ee keys for the side step.

Blade & Soul provided me with a lot of quests, most of them involved the usual kill mobs, collect items, and stuff. Sounds horrible right? I would have probably died of boredom but I survived through it because I had a bunch of instances to play around with while leveling up. I've only ran across a few problems while leveling and of them was running out of quests at certain levels. Then there is the level 43 mark, which is called the hell level. Once you're around level 43, the amount of quests you have will slowly diminish leaving you to grind a painful level 43 to 45. After the EXP patch was launched the amount of EXP needed to level up was halved, which was too late for players like me that went through all that trouble.

PlayNC said that they will change the EXP rates in the English version of the game.

Blade & Soul is powered by the Unreal Engine 3 so the world and characters are visually amazing. Each player made character is unique in its own way due to the crazy amount of sliders in the character creation process. Just to throw it in there, this game has three boob sliders! I guarantee that you will spend at least an hour creating your first character, that is if you want a unique and personalized look. Probably the second best character creation process for a MMORPG that I have ever played, with PSO2 being first. Blade & Soul isn't very demanding when it comes down to graphics, so don't jump the gun and buy a new rig just for this game!

People are often confused about the faction system in Blade & Soul. Once you've level 21-22 and completed a certain main story quest you'll be given an option to pick a faction of your choice. After you pick a faction, you will be given a faction outfit. If you wear this faction outfit, you will auto flag yourself for faction PvP. There are also different kinds of PvP outfits like the ones you get from the main story and such. Those outfits are mainly used if players want to setup a 1v1 duel without any interruption of getting PK'ed by faction players. If you or your friend accidentally picked the wrong faction, then you can instantly switch to the other faction by paying a small fee and talking to an NPC in the same town where you first chose your faction. The only downside to switching sides is that you lose all of your PvP ranks.

The Auction House in this game is cross server, meaning that all of the servers shares one Auction House. The cross server party system has not been implemented yet.

The field bosses in Blade & Soul Online are a good way to get equipment for leveling. Unlike most MMORPG's everyone that hits the field boss will profit. Depending on how much damage I do to the boss, I will be able to earn up to 1-2 tokens. If I end up doing a lot of damage and deliver the finishing blow. Then I will get 3 tokens that can be used for the Wheel of Fortune. What is this Wheel of Fortune I speak of? There are Wheel of Fortunes near the field bosses that players kill. Using the tokens I received from the boss, I can spin the wheel of fortune. The Wheel of Fortune gives me that bosses weapon, bopae, costume, and random stuff.

Disables are categorized into three different kinds: green, purple, yellow, and red. For example, I would call out to the party that I will perform a tripping move. Right after using my trip skill a green shadow will appear before the boss. Now someone else in my party must quickly follow up with another tripping skill. If we both timed our skills correctly, then the boss would get knocked down. In short, disables must be followed by the same type of color. If I were to use the same green colored tripping skill and someone else used a stunning skill which is categorized in a blue color then the boss won't budge and the team attack is ruined. Disabling bosses in this game is serious business mainly because you want to prevent the boss from performing special attacks.Everytime a boss is disabled, a Kung Fu Master can mount on the boss to deliver massive amounts of damage, or a Destroyer can grapple the boss while the rest of the party delivers crazy amounts of damage.

Kung Fu Master: This is the hardest class to play in Blade & Soul mainly because the of the short windows between combos.

Force Master: The most powerful DPS class in Blade & Soul, this is the perfect class for players who enjoy magical spells and nuking monsters from far away.

Blade Master: This class is considered as the main tanker of Blade & Soul because of the long duration of their parry skill.

Destroyer: The easiest class to play in Blade & Soul mainly because you can train a bunch of monsters and spin to win. That's right, if you want to level up to 45 fast then this is the class for you.

Summoner: The weakest class of Blade & Soul, the Summoner class was to supposed to be dumped but they decided to make it a cute class. Thus attracting a lot of female players to Blade & Soul and increasing their ratings by a ton. This is the most unwanted class in a party mainly because everyone that plays this class are terrible.

Assassin: The Assassin is one of the main damage dealers of the game, one of their main specialty is keeping the Poison and Bleeding DOT's stacked at bosses at all times.

The summoner class has a grand total of 63 bugs making it the most broken class in the game.

Blade & Soul will have some extra cash shop features in the future like changing looks, costumes, and many more. You can already buy 4 kinds different clothing but it is currently exclusive to the female classes of Blade & Soul. The outfits can also be sold in the Auction House so if you ever need to make some quick gold, then you can do the that.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Bombur View Post
    One thing I like about B&S is that Ncsoft pounds out the content. Every month the game gets a new update.
    Leaving NCsoft history aside...

With a new class, zone, balancing/fine tuning, should-be-standard features like cross server IMS "soon", was a scheduled level cap increase in October, and who knows how many after; I wouldn't say they are pounding out new content...closer to pay/play while we are still building the game. Exactly like BHS did. Except NCsoft wont be strapped for cash.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airewen Moonflower
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'm kind of surprised that they already have (at least the introducion chapters) fully voiced cut-scenes in English. They also have the U.I. etc. already translated in English. I guess with Guild Wars 2 out of the way, NCSoft can focus on bringing this game and ArcheAge (at least for E.U. not sure if NCWest will handle N.A.). I thought this game was going to get released in 2014 like ArcheAge, but considering how they seem to be ramping up rather fast; I could see this game being released around 2nd or 3rd quarter 2013.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raiya Li'aurellia
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The game seems nice and all but the only thing concerning me is the fact that NCfail are running the show on this and the way things went down the toilet with Aion will make many people wary about this, expecially with EU players who got shafted badly when NC sold them off to Failforge.

Quote Originally Posted by Infini View Post
    The game seems nice and all but the only thing concerning me is the fact that NCfail are running the show on this and the way things went down the toilet with Aion will make many people wary about this, expecially with EU players who got shafted badly when NC sold them off to Failforge.
    Time will quickly tell whether they fail or not. Give the game a month or two if you're unsure and I bet people will be able to tell you whether it's a shit fest or not.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

They intend to make this p2p right? I can only imagine it'll float along for a few months to a year and then go f2p, how successful it'll be after that depends on how restrictive a model they choose to go for. I honestly don't see it having much longevity though.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

^I hope we are seeing a change up of what has been the "standard" p2p of olden days: Buy game, pay monthly fee. I'd like to see more of the GW approach of b2p or even a p2p model where the monthly fee is small, like $9.99 or less. Seems a lot of game supplement their earning with buy-able cosmetic items so the going rate of $14.99 a month seems outrageous to me. Perhaps players would be willing to stay with a game longer if it was just b2p or p2p with a trivial monthly fee...

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I can totally understand the sentiment around here, Ncsoft western services are god awful. I'll agree with Elcura, Time will tell wither it will succeed or not.

In Korea the game is P2P with a cash shop. But it is free up to lvl 20. The cash shop items are non-binding so you can sell them on the ah or trade them with friends. I know several people that have cash shop costumes that didn't spend a dime of R/L cash. Ncsoft also releases a set of costumes you can get in-game and not in the cash shop.

Who knows what NCwest model will be, but I am sure it will be roughly the same thing.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Speaking of B&S Ncsoft released info on the new content expansion called 7 Waves.

-The Character customization will get a upgrade, with more sliders, and options.

-New Maps and areas

-New 36 Vs 36 battlefield (cross-server, base capture)

-A 6-man randomized map dungeon (actually a labyrinth/ maze)

-Solo 9-levels of the new tower dungeon

-24 man raid version of the Bloody Shark Harbor dungeon

- 1 vs 1 pvp arena tournament. See who is the servers best !

Also the new class is called a "Magic Swordsman", it's kinda like a hybrid between a Force Master and Blade Master. Only Lynns can be a "Magic Swordsman". Because of this Koreans are already calling this class the "Lynn BladeMaster".

Ncsoft also talked about revamping the summoner class, as that is the #1 complaint of the playerbase. Fix Summoner !

This video shows the new update and a sneak peak at the new "Lynn Blademaster"

Steparu goes into allot of detail, if you want to read up on the new content update !

http://steparu.com/previews/mmo-rpg-...l-major-update

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Well after watching a ton of videos, I can defiantly say this game looks like a lot of fun. I haven't ever had to deal with NCsoft so perhaps I am not yet as jaded as some

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Just wanted to update, NCsoft has added the new 24 man raid to B&S this week and it has been getting some mixed reviews.

This raid is quite different, every player in the raid gets randomly placed somewhere on the map when they first enter. So every player has to solo and meet up at some place.

Also you can't see what the other players are doing in the instance. If your in a pug, this can lead to players afk'ing or worse just camp the last boss so they can steal the loot boxes.

Steparu has posted a video of the raid.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast