+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

So let me get this straight, the summoner class went from summoning an epic looking beast to summoning crappy looking cats?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Agito View Post
    So let me get this straight, the summoner class went from summoning an epic looking beast to summoning crappy looking cats?

Hmm I don't remember SMN ever having epic looking beast pets, unless that was something in early beta. I know the live version has always had those, over the top, tongue in cheek, cute kitties as pets. It gets worse at endgame, they run around with oversize mallets, and bonk peoples head, in PVP...lol

Ncsoft was actually scared of Tera and other mmo's awhile back (I know shocking). So they decided to change B&S's direction more towards that untapped Female gamer demographic. So there are tons of over the top, tongue in cheek, super cute stuff in B&S.

It's actually worked as 40% of the players who play B&S are female.

Besides how can you not resist the super cuteness of the SMN cat...

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

^ I think he means the "summoner" as an idea. Summoning awesome looking creatures/spirits etc to a class/job that now summons wacky looking felines...

I don't think the term summoner is so rigid that you automatically assume that what you summon has to be badass or awesome. The only thing you can expect from a class called summoner is that it summons.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

I'm guessing he was talking about the Summoner announcement video that was released a while back. In it they start out by jokingly make it look like there are bad-ass beasts that are summoned, but then say nope and do a 180 and show the cats.

EDIT: And another cat video for good measure:

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Yeah it was some early announcement trailers back in 2009 i think and there was even a piece of in game footage in one of them with it. Those cats can die in a fire though, i hate them so much. The Lyn race is cute, cats are an eyesore....

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Agito View Post
    Yeah it was some early announcement trailers back in 2009 i think and there was even a piece of in game footage in one of them with it. Those cats can die in a fire though, i hate them so much. The Lyn race is cute, cats are an eyesore....
    I went back and did some digging and yes you were right, in early announcements the smn class was suppose to summon shadows of fierce creatures. Blade and Soul dojo has posted some early concept pics.
    http://www.bladeandsouldojo.com/topi...t-1025-bns-tv/

To bad they went with the cats...

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

In other B&S news the November content update will feature the new solo endgame dungeon.

This dungeon is called Tower of Mushin. The bosses drop coins just like in raids, so solo players that don't like to raid have a chance to get endgame gear. But Ncsoft has mentioned this dungeon will be super hard.

Here is a quick sneak peak of the solo endgame dungeon..

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I have been looking for a new MMO as of late, would anyone recommend joining this one. My interest are best summed up as Pre-TOAU FFXI, when Chains of Promathia caused people to throw their computers out of windows.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

^Atm it's only available in Korea so unless you are Korean or wish to go the route of buying access Blade and Soul isn't ready available here.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by myreality View Post
    I have been looking for a new MMO as of late, would anyone recommend joining this one. My interest are best summed up as Pre-TOAU FFXI, when Chains of Promathia caused people to throw their computers out of windows.

I just want to point out that B&S is a very linear themepark MMO. It has a very casual grind to it. A super hardcore can easily get to endgame in about 3-4 days. Heck if you buy those Xp potions from the cash shop you can lvl up a character in 24 hrs...lol

If you liked Aion or Tera then you will probably like this game. But yea this game is only available in Korea atm.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Steparu has posted video's of him doing the new solo dungeon. As you can see his character is a female Goth Destroyer.

This is the starting area

The dungeon takes 3-4 hours to complete so here are just some of the bosses steparu posted.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Bombur View Post
    I just want to point out that B&S is a very linear themepark MMO. It has a very casual grind to it. A super hardcore can easily get to endgame in about 3-4 days. Heck if you buy those Xp potions from the cash shop you can lvl up a character in 24 hrs...lol

If you liked Aion or Tera then you will probably like this game. But yea this game is only available in Korea atm.
    Bah how disappointing, i like the concept very much but if it is that easy to get to endgame with little to no effort at all then i will pass. I think the early years of FFXI has set my standards to high when looking for difficulty in a game.

we fuckin' stole it man.
    BG Level

You won't find a game like pre-toau anywhere, and you either like the korean mmo genre, or you hate it. If you want a heavy grind, with multiple jobs on one character, play f2p eden eternal.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by myreality View Post
    You won't find what you're looking for in Blade & Soul as it's another one of those crappy F2P single player morpg games from Korea that only caters to casuals retarded enough to actually play these types of games.

The only mmorpg that can even possibly give us an experience similar to what FFXI gave us is the remade FFXIV, not that i'm trying to promote it or anything.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

The Lynn Blademaster is now live, in Korea !

Ncsoft released yet another cute lynn video..lol

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

So it's basically an Elin Slayer

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

done w/ Korean NCsoft games. they get next to no support and are only for the immediate release cash grab

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    So it's basically an Elin Slayer

It's a bit different, they use a small sword, so they need to jump around allot to hit their targets. Some people say it's like Yoda fighting with a light saber.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

sounds line a elin w/ a small GS, but one w/ functions in the same way as a large GS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast