Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I really just can't help but notice the immense amount of similarities between TERA and Blade & Soul lol. It can't be a coincidence, and it explains why NCSoft was suing BlueHole Studios

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Steparu has been lvl'ing up a Lynn blademaster, this video shows some of the differences between a regular Jin blademaster and the new Lynn blademaster.

Then he shows off some Lynn dancing !

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I'm not sure what happened but as I've grown older, emotes mean less and less in a game. Back in FFXI days: emotes all day erry day! Playing Tera: I think I use /sit and that's all. Just lost the magic or appeal they once had perhaps. (Which is odd because emotes are getting better and better)

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

That walk, lol. Amazing.

There any chance this game is f2p?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airewen Moonflower
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Purrrfect View Post
    That walk, lol. Amazing.

I'm not sure, knowing NCSoft they might make it P2P. They did say that they are going to be incorporating some aspects of Guild Wars 2 into Blade & Soul, I hope that includes their business model of B2P. They state on their official site that they are looking at what business model they are going to use, and that they "actively evaluating" both the European and North American territories.

Hell they even have a question asking how this game will "Fit" in an already heavily saturated market. Hopefully they see that P2P isn't the way to go. They even acknowledged from a small interview with Massively (earlier this year) that all of their titles have taken a hit here in the West: either closing down or going F2P. I wouldn't mind them going B2P, not P2P though.

But to answer your question directly this is what they stated:

"As the launch date draws nearer, we will have more information to share on price and business models."

We won't know till next year.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Hands down I'ma get this game if its B2P. That'd be awesome.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Tencent has announced CN-B&S CB2 will start on Dec. 5th. , and will last for 40 days. If anyone is interested.

Tencent has posted a really nice informative video on B&S, It has English subtitles.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Wow 40 days of CBT huh? Interesting.. Is it the same speal as usual for trying to get into these things? (aka, a big pain in the ass)

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Rulke View Post
    Wow 40 days of CBT huh? Interesting.. Is it the same speal as usual for trying to get into these things? (aka, a big pain in the ass)

Oh yea it's a huge pain in the ass, funny thing is playing Chinese games is actually easier than trying to play Korean games. If you are really serious, you need to make a tencent account,then do the survey to get your code and then create a B&S account. You will need a valid Chinese phone number and address. You will also need a VPN to get past the IP blocks.

If you go to http://www.bladeandsouldojo.com/ they have threads that explain the whole process, so I would check out there first.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Ncsoft has announced the B&S December content patch.

Part 1

Bloody Shark Harbour instance dungeon (one of the end game dungeons) will be more dynamic. Now depending on what time of the day you do the dungeon, it changes into a different set of bosses. You may even encounter new bosses that will reveal themselves at different times of the day.

At night the dungeon will transform itself into a new dungeon entirely, called "Ice Storage Warehouse". With undead mobs and new secret rooms.

Part 2

The new dynamic (randomized dungeon) 6 man dungeon called " The Ancient Spiral Labyrinth" will be added. This dungeon will drop the new Legendary (Orange) weapons.

*If you play GW2 this dungeon is exactly the same as the new Fractuals.

Part 3

The new 1 vs 1 arena's, will be added, where players can reap rewards from showing off their skills.

Part 4

Lastly a new floor will be added to the solo dungeon for players, a new and harder boss.

Source

http://www.bladeandsouldojo.com/topi...-korea-coming/

http://steparu.com/previews/mmo-rpg-...gendary-update

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    I really just can't help but notice the immense amount of similarities between TERA and Blade & Soul lol. It can't be a coincidence, and it explains why NCSoft was suing BlueHole Studios
    Tera was L3 before their employees cut and run to form BHS, so yeah. Team Bloodlust is NCsoft, not the same Arenanet/GW2 deal.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Purrrfect View Post
    That walk, lol. Amazing.

Actually every race has a special walk. Jin and Goth females have a over the top sexy walk...lol

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Wow. Just... lol.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Yesterday Ncsoft patched in another 24 man raid without telling anyone..lol

The raid is just a 24 man version of the new "Dark Bloody Shark Dungeon". But it is still nice now that there are 2, 24 man raids in B&S.

These video from Steparu show off the raid and gives a nice tour.

These videos are the raid doing small bosses

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/12...d-dark-bloody/

http://steparu.com/previews/mmo-rpg-...impact-preview

Oh, this MMO looked interesting to me until I just saw the post above this saying it has raids, and 24 man raids at that, LOL. Oh well.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Over in Korea, the next patch will be on Dec. 26th.

The Dec. 26th patch will feature :

- A new 8th floor in the solo dungeon "Tower of Mushin" - Where players will have to fight The "God of War" .

- The new dynamic (randomized dungeon) 6 man dungeon called " The Ancient Spiral Labyrinth", where the new Legendary (Orange) weapons drop. Kinda like Fractuals from GW2.

-This patch will also feature not only 1 vs 1 arenas, but a new surprise, 3 vs 3 arenas. The new areas will be added on the test server first, to see if there is any balance issues. Once those get the players approval they will be added to the live servers asap. Once it goes live players from lvl 4+, will be able to enter the arenas.

This hype video shows the big boss on the 8th floor, The Labyrinth and some of the bosses you will meet, and at the end shows a sneak peak at the arenas.

http://www.gamemeca.com/news/view.php?gid=250643
    http://steparu.com/latest-news/1039-...l-new-end-game

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

More content for them = more content for us when it's released. I'm good with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rulke View Post
    More content for them = more content for us when it's released. I'm good with that.
    That usually isn't how it works.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

^Are you suggesting that NCsoft already had a set point for what we will have content wise already? I suppose that's possible.

Yes, pretty much every korean MMO except tera has released with korean release content, and not current.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 48 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast