+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 48 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    Yes, pretty much every korean MMO except tera has released with korean release content, and not current.
    This is true, Ragnarok Online, Granado Espada, and Vindictus just to name a few example of this. NA is always behind.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Ah, that explains it. I've only played 1 Korean MMO so far and that's Tera. Ah well.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Yes, pretty much every korean MMO except tera has released with korean release content, and not current.

Now the updates took forever but when Aion was first released in the West it was current up to date, and I know L2 was the same as well. I know updates will always lag behind Korea, but Ncsoft always tries to release a game in the west as up to date as possible.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

This is the most complete video of Dobok's I've seen. Some are outrageous but others are really awesome. I love the concept of armor being strictly for looks and using other means to buff/stat up your character.

Also, while male Gon look like total face wreckers, I think B&S will be the first game I roll a female main. Female Jin blademaster ftw.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Rulke View Post

This is the most complete video of Dobok's I've seen. Some are outrageous but others are really awesome. I love the concept of armor being strictly for looks and using other means to buff/stat up your character.

Also, while male Gon look like total face wreckers, I think B&S will be the first game I roll a female main. Female Jin blademaster ftw.

That is one of the biggest reasons why I dumped Tera for B&S. B&S armour system makes it about skill and not about gear.

Dobok's (armour) have 0 stats. I can wear any Dobok I want without having to worry about gimping myself at all.

Stats come from :

Gems - Gems are just like crystals in Tera where you socket them in your weapon.

Bopae- A Bopae is like a little fan that you carry. It is divided into 8 pieces, numbered from 1 though 8. If you collect a full set you get a stat bonus and your character starts to glow blue.

This doesn't have the new Dec. gear, but every other PVE Dobok is posted here on this Chinese site.

Choose you class in in the middle, and the left side is the Dobok. They even have the cat Dobok's.

http://bns.sgamer.com/shizhuang/

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Game keeps sounding better and better to me.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I dunno; it's still sounding heartily Korean (more about looks than content and extremely grindy), but I'm keeping my eye on it. TERA kinda turned me back off in regards to Korean games, but we'll see!

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I'm off in the sense that I actually enjoy grindiness and working for cosmetics rather than only stat increases, unfortunately I'm in the minority. :C

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I don't think you're in the minority, you should just move to Korea where you'll be with your people!

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

Quote Originally Posted by Bombur View Post
    This doesn't have the new Dec. gear, but every other PVE Dobok is posted here on this Chinese site.

Choose you class in in the middle, and the left side is the Dobok. They even have the cat Dobok's.

http://bns.sgamer.com/shizhuang/
    The official KR site has a lot of in-game screenshots of each of the armor sets, although it's not as organized as the site you linked. Each armor page basically just has a whole bunch of random screenshots of it, I think they might be user submitted? So less organized, but better quality with the in-game graphics engine.

http://power.plaync.com/bns/wiki/%EC...93%9C%EB%A7%B5

(You can click on images and use left or right to flip through them like an album.)

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Lol @ this:
    [removed]
    Randomly came across while browsing that page.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Rulke View Post
    Lol @ this:
    [removed]
    Randomly came across while browsing that page.

LOL That is the Male Lynn dance emote

If anyone is curious, these are the other race dance emotes, if you are a summoner your cat will do a emote while you dance, or just stare at you in front of your face and lick it's paw (stupid cat pets).

I really wish korean dev's would stop adding gimmicky flying shit to their MMO's. Aion's flying combat was the worst part of aion by far, and it was basically advertised with flying in mind and the entire main PVP area was 100% flying when flying was completely imbalanced and negative fun unless you enjoyed being OP as a ranged class and face rolling every melee in the air.

This games "Floating" flying is another example, it looks cool at first then you realize the entire game will be balanced around it and you'll CONSTANTLY have to "float" fly everywhere for everything in the game, and it becomes 0 fun.

This game looked really promising, but between gimmicky "floating" flying and 24 man raids(Really? is this a game from 1998?), it looks completely garbage. I might try it out still if it's free to play, but 24 man raids in this day and age is just not what you should design as "end game" content, having to find 23 other competent people to all be online at the same time is less fun than sticking my head into a burning oven.

On the plus side, I love that gear is 100% cosmetics and uses a system close to PSO's, that is very nice and I enjoy making my character look as cute as possible and not being forced to reskin my gear with items, and instead can just swap between cute looking armors whenever I want. This is a system I hope all future MMO's follow.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

I'm waiting to play around with the flying thing before I make a final judgment on it, but isn't it only for transportation, basically like a flying mount in WoW? And what I've seen of it doesn't look anything even remotely similar to Aion's flying, so I don't understand that tangent. The combat videos I've seen don't make it look like this flying is a critical part of the battle strategy, I don't think combat is going to be balanced around this transportation system. As a tool for transportation, I can't see this flying mechanic as being worse than simply running like we currently do in games. It could be a way to make transportation more engaging. And what's less fun about having to fly everywhere than having to just run everywhere in other games? Maybe it will get old after a while, but I'd like to at least try it out before I make that claim. It would be nice to hear about this from someone that's actually played the game.

You're delusional if you think large-man raids are a thing of the past. A lot of games continue to release these. There is an audience for them, even if you are not in that audience. WoW continues to release 25-man raids, Rift continues to release 20-man raids, Tera is coming out with 20-man raids, FFXIV 2.0 will feature 24-man raids.

You're delusional if you think large-man raids are a thing of the past. A lot of games continue to release these. There is an audience for them, even if you are not in that audience. WoW continues to release 25-man raids, Rift continues to release 20-man raids, Tera is coming out with 20-man raids, FFXIV 2.0 will feature 24-man raids.
    You just stated two ancient 2004 games when saying 24 man raids, then stated a game copy/pasting WOW and trying to be a wannabe WOW clone that's basically a game from 2004 as well. Every next gen MMO is 5-6 man at most. Players do not like needing to find 23 other people to do crap, and devs have stopped designing crap around that. Only ancient horrible games, or games trying to be a WOW clone in 2013(lol) continue this 24 man crap. Last I heard about tera "raids", it was 5 man groups splitting up and doing different encounters to complete the dungeon, if it's true tera is getting 20 man raids, then that game is also going to be pretty unfun for me too.

Also, as I recall, 10 man raids were much more popular in WOW CAT for a while than 25 mans, because you couldn't do both 10 and 25, they both dropped the same loot, and the extra loot dropped in 25 man didn't make up for needing 15 more people, was much faster/easier to gear people up in 10 man raids.

Needing 20+ people online at the same time to do stuff is horrible, and should not keep appearing in future MMO's, next gen MMO's like GW2 do away with this concept and instead focus on challenging ~5 players with hard content, it's a ton more fun, a lot easier to get people for, and MORE PEOPLE ACTUALLY DO THE CONTENT.

if you were a dev, wouldn't you want more people doing your content? Wouldn't that also get more people to play, more people to spend money in your cash shop, etc? No, I'm not going to say "more people paying for subs" because no MMO should have a required monthly sub anymore, that is also an ancient 2004 thing that doesn't appear in next gen MMO's like GW2. Fractals are so popular in GW2, as are the dungeons(and it takes literally 2 mins or less to fill up a dungeon or fractal group in GW2) because it takes 5 people. You can literally do dungeons all day and night if you want, play as much as you want, have as much fun as you want, get all the gear you want whenever YOU want to. Sounds a lot better than gathering 20+ people and waiting on afk's and only doing it a few nights a week, doesn't it?

Or, we could make raids the only way to get the "Best gear" in the game, have very few % of people doing them, and people only logging on a few days ago to raid like WOW. Horrible, HORRIBLE game design, encourages people to log on a few days a week, then never log on again after clearing the content a few times, or after getting their gear.

Would you rather have to base your schedule around 20+ other people, or be able to do stuff whenever you want?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

You just stated two ancient 2004 games when saying 24 man raids, then stated a game copy/pasting WOW and trying to be a wannabe WOW clone that's basically a game from 2004 as well. Every next gen MMO is 5-6 man at most. Players do not like needing to find 23 other people to do crap, and devs have stopped designing crap around that, only ancient horrible games, or games trying to be a WOW clone in 2013(lol) continue this 24 man crap. Last I heard about tera "raids", it was 5 man groups splitting up and doing different encounters to complete the dungeon, if it's true tera is getting 20 man raids, then that game is also going to be pretty unfun for me too.

Also, as I recall, 10 man raids were much more popular in WOW CAT for a while than 25 mans, because you couldn't do both 10 and 25, they both dropped the same loot, and the extra loot dropped in 25 man didn't make up for needing 15 more people, was much faster/easier to gear people up in 10 man raids.

Needing 20+ people online at the same time to do stuff is horrible, and should not keep appearing in future MMO's, next gen MMO's like GW2 do away with this concept and instead focus on challenging ~5 players with hard content, it's a ton more fun, a lot easier to get people for, and MORE PEOPLE ACTUALLY DO THE CONTENT.

if you were a dev, wouldn't you want more people doing your content? Wouldn't that also get more people to play, more people to spend money in your cash shop, etc? No, I'm not going to say "more people paying for subs" because no MMO should have a required monthly sub anymore, that is also an ancient 2004 thing that doesn't appear in next gen MMO's like GW2.

Or, we could make raids the only way to get the "Best gear" in the game, have very few % of people doing them, and people only logging on a few days ago to raid like WOW. Horrible, HORRIBLE game design, encourages people to log on a few days a week, then never log on again after clearing the content a few times, or after getting their gear.
    First of all, you're wrong saying I stated two 2004 MMO's. WoW is the only 2004 MMO there, Rift and Tera are 2011, FFXIV 2.0 is 2013. I'm not sure which game you were counting as the second 2004 game, but good job being off by a minimum of 7 years.

Then there's the point that even if these games are a few years old now, the fact is they are still releasing this raid content in current and future patches. You'd think if no one liked them or did them then they would stop making them at some point, but nope! Some people like them!

GW2 PvE content is laughable, so it's surprising you would include that when talking next gen in terms of PvE content. They do PvP well, but if games start to look at GW2 for tips on how to do PvE content, then I think I'll be done with MMO's. It's completely garbage.

And since you brought up an entirely new point of subscription vs cash shop, I prefer paying a subscription fee and having all items obtainable in-game over free-to-play with a cash shop. I'm a collector, I like to get every vanity and seasonal item, and cash shops are always ridiculously overpriced for these. It would cost probably 5x more than a monthly fee to get the items from them. And then you have games like GW2 where they put chance items in a cash shop that have ridiculously low chances of getting anything you want, what a shitty free to play model from what you call a "next gen MMO."

And since you're asking my opinion, I thought that would be pretty obvious that I'm one of the people that likes to do high-man raids. I like having large, organized raids with a guild. And I like doing the low-man content in the off time.

Rift came out in 2006 copying a 2204 MMO, FF14 is coming out in 2013 copying a 2004 MMO. WOW adds mounts that cost $20 to their cash shop(and pets i think?) while having a monthly sub, tera had a monthly sub AND cash shop vanity items as well. A sub never pays for vanity items and never stops a cash sshop from existing, ever.

Fractals are also extremely challenging and fun, Gw2's combat alone makes it much harder than anything WOW-clone games can come up with. No dodging ,healers,and tanks? Very easy and gives soo much leeway for fuck ups, relying on healers and tanks to do most of the work for you. Not having to dodge everything and keep yourself alive is soo much easier than action based healerless tankless combat. High level fractals are insane, and require insane teamwork as well.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

Rift came out in 2006 copying a 2204 MMO, FF14 is coming out in 2013 copying a 2004 MMO. WOW adds mounts that cost $20 to their cash shop(and pets i think?) while having a monthly sub, tera had a monthly sub AND cash shop vanity items as well. A sub never pays for vanity items and never stops a cash sshop from existing, ever.
    Rift was released on 3/1/2011.

FFXIV took inspiration from many games, WoW is just one of them. If you've played the alpha then you would know it's not really that similar to WoW. It has a hotbar and quest tracker, that's enough for people to say things are a WoW clone these days.

I never said I condone companies charging subscription fees and also having a cash shop. That's something I think is wrong too. And FFXI and FFXIV are both subscription MMO's that never had cash shops. FFXI has sold a couple of physical items that came with in-game items, but it's nothing like the full-fledged cash shops that Tera, Aion, and some other games had while still charging a subscription. Rift is another subscription MMO that doesn't really do cash shop things, they have one bundle you can buy but that's it, it's not a big thing that they keep releasing new items for.

Fractals are also extremely challenging and fun, Gw2's combat alone makes it much harder than anything WOW-clone games can come up with. No dodging ,healers,and tanks? Very easy and gives soo much leeway for fuck ups, relying on healers and tanks to do most of the work for you. Not having to dodge everything and keep yourself alive is soo much easier than action based healerless tankless combat. High level fractals are insane, and require insane teamwork as well.
    GW2 is a failed attempt at mimicking Tera combat. They started out claiming it was going to be skill based, no tab targetting and that you'd have to aim your abilities and dodge moves, but then they couldn't deliver. It's basically exactly like WoW combat now, tab targetting is back. The only differences are that there's no tank and everyone has self heals instead of a dedicated healer role in the party. And that sucks for me, because healing classes are always my favorite.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arietta Scarlet
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I hope Shiyo is wrong or at least they failed at copying it because if that's how MMOS will be in 191 years, they suck : (

If you think GW2 combat is like WOW you have never played GW2 past level 5. Also, the fact that rift did come out in 2011 is kind of blowing my mind, I thought it was loong ago, didn't know I played that game so recently <_<; That makes it even worse though, a 2004 game being released in 2011.

Paying $15/month for all 'vanity" items is also a bad deal, I'd rather not give MMO companies $15/month and recieve literally nothing in return. GW2, PSo2, aion(I think for this one, haven't played)give me the entire game for free and update the game FASTER than games like WOW. There is no MMO out on the market worth a monthly fee because of how slow they all update their games, you're literally paying for nothing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 48 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast