BG Level

Remember when Marky Mark was supposed to be Drake? lol
    also since we're talking casting choices i think this bears reposting:

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Sophia Ali seems like decent casting as a young Chloe.

But I really really don't understand how at a minimum they couldn't put a mustache onto Marky Mark. It just ain't Sully without the stache

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    Remember when Marky Mark was supposed to be Drake? lol
    also since we're talking casting choices i think this bears reposting:
    hadn't seen that before but hot damn Fillion woulda been perfect. guess he don't have the star power of Spiderman though. another victim of the MCU.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I like Tom Holland, and think he's a great Spiderman cause he looks so young, doesn't have a deep voice etc.

This is not the right role for him lmao. Even Mark might have been better, shit maybe even Tom cruise lol.

Ridill
    BG Level

I can no longer say that I’ve always given an actor a chance in a role that seems odd or off that everyone’s complaining about, because now, with that trailer, I’m 100% with them.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I really enjoyed Prince of Persia and Phoenix Wright, so I remain open to this actually being good.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Trailer looks like they are going for a greatest hits compilation of all the games with more of an emphasis on Uncharted 4’s story. It looks dope but I still contend Holland wasn’t the right choice here. He looks too young.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The great mustache gaffe has been addressed

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    The great mustache gaffe has been addressed
    100% that's the final scene of the movie lol.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Agreed, wouldn’t surprise me if they went back to film that in post production after the outcry of no mustache Sully

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

It's been so fucking long, but did Scully have a moustache during young Drake shit?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

He did indeed

Ridill
    BG Level

Man, 2 pirate ships getting lifted up into the air and a flying battle between them sure would have been a cool surprise set piece.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

https://www.gamesradar.com/jak-and-d...e-tom-holland/
    Just a few days ago, the Jak and Daxter franchise was seemingly lying dormant. Then, Tom Holland spoke about wanting to make a Jak and Daxter movie, and then Uncharted director Ruben Fleischer revealed that he's actually making one.

Over a call from Rome, Fleischer spoke to GamesRadar+ at length about the upcoming project and revealed that he’s already talked to Holland – who plays Nathan Drake in the Uncharted movie – about starring in it.

"Just by coincidence, somebody forwarded me an article where Tom Holland was asked if he could make any video game a movie, which would it be," Fleischer says. "He said Jak and Daxter and so, when I saw him earlier this week on this tour, I said, 'You know, Tom, someone told me that you want to make that movie. I'm actually trying to make it.' So there's the possibility that we could partner again on that one, which I'm really excited about."

"Similar to Uncharted, what makes Jak and Daxter so special is the buddy relationship at the center of it," he adds. "They are a team and they help each other out and they make sacrifices for one another. And that is I think the key to a great comedy. It’s a little funny to hear, but the two movies that kind of inspired the film adaptation of Jak and Daxter are Midnight Run and The Good, the Bad and the Ugly."

The director also says that they have "hired writers who are in the process of writing the script" and that he’s "partnered with Naughty Dog and PlayStation in the development" of the Jak and Daxter movie.

There's been no official word from Sony or the game's creators Naughty Dog on the Jak and Daxter movie, but it's fair to say watch this space.

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

Did anybody go see it?

39% Critics score / 90% Audience

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/uncharted_2022

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It wasn't the worst movie of the year, but it wasn't too great either, very middle ground. The few action set pieces we get are actually pretty great and just over-the-top enough to feel Uncharted, but the rest of the movie is like.. really average "Already been done" Heist/National Treasure tier stuff and neither of the Main Characters fit their role much as I had feared. I mean for real Mark Wally just pretty much plays himself in every role and thats what you're getting here too, dude does not feel like Sully at all to any degree..

And Mr. Spiderman Tom himself while a good actor, also just didn't feel like a believable Nathan Drake, even a young drake, in either appearance or attitude.

If you look at it with the eyes of someone who never played an Uncharted game and strictly look at it as a National Treasure/Indiana Jones/Heist Adventure movie hybrid I'd give it a solid 5/10 for some good set pieces, but it doesnt do anything new. As an Uncharted movie, probably a 4/10, again mostly for the few good action set pieces we get, even if one of them is literally just ripped straight from the game which some people might see as a negative or lazy but I felt was a real good nod to the game and looked great.

So yah, I'm not going to say "Don't watch this movie it sucks ass", but I'm certainly going to say "Wait til its free". But YMMV cause my tastes are a bit strict for this franchise and I was never on board with the casting to begin with so I might've been soured on it before seeing it and it needed to earn my approval, and it didn't.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7