Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Anyone have the elemental energies of the new stalls AND 50k furnishings?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by calinz View Post
    Anyone have the elemental energies of the new stalls AND 50k furnishings?
    I have both items. How can I test this?

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    So with these new combinations of stuff, 109~111 Leathercraft skill is possible???

Hmm. *rubs chin*
    I don't think so...

+1 from gloves
    +1 from apron
    +2 from mega-moglification (not proven, but assumed to be +2)
    +3 from adv support...

107 is the new cap, if the testing proves +2 from mega.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by nitsuj View Post
    I have both items. How can I test this?
    The only way I know is to calculate how much your current elemental strength is and then take out furnishings that will put you below the next tier. There are 3 known tiers which are 0-50, 51 and 101.

So if you take out enough furnishing to have your aura be around 90 and then add the stall, you might get "overwhelming" energy which would mean that the stall adds at least 11.

Then take it out again and take out more furnishings, add the stall again and see if anything changes until you can pinpoint the exact number it gives. Same with the other furnishing.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistrianna Galanodel
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I recently got Goldsmiths' Stall myself. I don't have any other furnishings for GS yet. Since placing it in my MH i've noticed break rates go waaaaay down. Can anyone else confirm similar experiences with Mega Moglification?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Finally re-capped Synergy, so finished the stall. It gives exactly 14 energy. I assume its the same for all of them. Now if someone with the 2 other furnishings could test them...

EDIT: Also the info on wiki regarding some of the furnishings is incorrect. Before the stall I had 111 energy according to wiki, I removed 2 furnishings that total 14 energy and it stayed "overwhelming", then I removed just 1 more energy and it dropped. Thus the stall is 14. But there is a mistake somewhere in the other furnishings on wiki.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Just attempted to make Cermet Chunks... a level 56 alchemy recipe...

100 skill, +1 from smock, +1 from weapon, +3 from advanced support, presumed +2 from mega-moglification.

I could only get mats for 9 synths. I HQ'd 4. Not definitive, but lends itself to the theory that it would be making this synth a T3, i.e. 51 levels or +2 from the mega-mog power.

The ultimate test will be HQing cursed masks, but I can't get my bonecraft friend to return my messages

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

So the current increase in skill is still not confirmed?
    or did i miss something? D:

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Krz View Post
    So the current increase in skill is still not confirmed?
    or did i miss something? D:
    It's not officially confirmed, however all testing I've done shows it's +2 skill. Unfortunately, I cannot say if it stacks with other GP furnishings, but so far it seems the answer is no.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Did testing with a larger sample size, since so far they've all been pretty small. Gold skill currently 96. Added stall to my existing furniture (fool's gold, signboard) and tested with geodes, which are level 51. Used advanced guild support for both runs.

First run, 96+3+mega (101 total according to theory)
    31 synths
    1 break
    NQ: 19
    HQ1: 9
    HQ2: 2
    HQ3: 0
    Overall HQ rate: 35%

Second run, added smock, 96+3+1+mega (102 total according to theory)
    58 synths
    7 breaks
    NQ: 23
    HQ1: 20
    HQ2: 6
    HQ3: 2
    Overall HQ rate: 48%

Looks to me like the +2 theory is probably correct.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Since the tests are showing that furnishing GP don't stack, is there any point having something else than the stall?
    I had moghancement bonecraft and went directly to mega moglification from installing the stall. I don't have the 50k and 200k GP furnishing any point getting them atm?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Did the test on scorpion arrowheads, Lv.53 Bone.

1st. Last Quarter Moon 48% Iceday.
    Skill 100 + Boneworker's smock (1) + Megal (2) = 103

NQ : 25
    HQ1 : 11
    HQ2 : 4
    HQ3 : 1
    Break: 4
    HQ Rate: 35.6%

2nd. Last Quarter Moon 45% Lightning day
    Skill 100+ Boneworker's smock (1) + Proective spectacles (1) + Mega (2) = 104

NQ :18
    HQ1 :20
    HQ2 :7
    HQ3 :1
    Break: 2
    HQ Rate: 58.3%

3rd. Wanning crescent 43% Lightsday
    Skill 100+ Boneworker's smaock (1) + Proective spectacles (1) + Moghancement (1) = 103

NQ :35
    HQ1 :9
    HQ2 :0
    HQ3 :0
    Break :6
    HQ Rate: 18%

By comparing 1st and 2nd test set we can confirm that the mega moglification gives +2 crafting skill not +3 or I would have break T3 on the first test.

I ran the 3rd test because the result of first test is way higher than I've expected.
    I did a test a few years back with T2 holy water and sample size of 2000+ synth. The HQ rate is flat 20% on T2. There are some spike HQ burst with the holy water test but only very few happen on certain game day. Yet I didn't think a spike would happen during Quarter Moon and that's why i pick the time to run the test.

I'm suspecting that mega moglification actually gives HQ rate bonus on top of the skill tier. Yet more test with larger sample size are needed to determine the theory.

***Edit****
    Further test with WW: Shihei
    Did 300 synth each with and without stall, the result is flat that doesn't show any difference in term of HQ.
    So please scratch the idea of HQ. Bonus.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

so, you dont have all the furnishings? Get all of them, then post your results.... While you're at it, go read the hq thread, and apply those results... The effects of tanner's stall combines with tanner's sign and golden fleece to put dusk gloves in a tier 1... That must be +5... stall by itself? maybe +2
    Likewise, testing with a level 79 synth, with advanced support showed tier 2 hq results. The only way that is possible is to be level 110...

edit: For fun i've been sything cerberus mantles with no support and have been getting the same hq results as i would with advanced support before getting stall. +2 is ruled out 100%. Go do more testing

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

zouri....the last thing I needed to hear was that I need to get the 200k item.....guess I've got some work ahead of me.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I'm still trying to get mats to test the level 99 and 98 cursed alchemy gears.. I'll report back after I find some.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Forgive me for asking idiot level questions about this... I got to 100 with my 3 usual items and some KI, but then couldn't face anymore GP. Now I just about can.
    I will need, 200k GP for Weaver's Signboard, 15k for Weavers' Emblem which is used in the Synergy synth for the stall and a further 50k for the Spinning wheel? I've just updated wiki a bit because the info wasn't up to date.

Signboard gives me moglification. Stall and/or Spinning wheel give me Mega-moglification but effect unknown?

And what's the current theory on the total effect if you have all of the above? Improved mats retention and + 5(?) skill? I'm really confused by all this but if there's something useful I can do let me know.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

look at the last 5 pages of hq thread.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Eldelphia View Post
    Forgive me for asking idiot level questions about this... I got to 100 with my 3 usual items and some KI, but then couldn't face anymore GP. Now I just about can.
    I will need, 200k GP for Weaver's Signboard, 15k for Weavers' Emblem which is used in the Synergy synth for the stall and a further 50k for the Spinning wheel? I've just updated wiki a bit because the info wasn't up to date.

Signboard gives me moglification. Stall and/or Spinning wheel give me Mega-moglification but effect unknown?

And what's the current theory on the total effect if you have all of the above? Improved mats retention and + 5(?) skill? I'm really confused by all this but if there's something useful I can do let me know.
    Currently we don't know. Zouri is referring to a lot of testing that has been going on. She has proposed that having ALL the GP items gives +5, even though only 1 of the GP item (stall) still gives Mega-moglification. So it's proposed that there are different hidden tiers of Mega-Moglification, basically, ranging from perhaps +1 all the way to +5. Her tests so far COULD support this idea. But maybe I'm just hopeful :D

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

it's not just my testing... i just seem to be the only one trying

edit: Tested thus-far... over 400 synths with varying items in mog house. The only combination to give +5 skill so far were the 150K item 200k sign, and Stall (15k). I havent been able to test the 50k items yet. (been too sick to do guild points..or play... damn flu) Any time i removed an item, be it the golden fleece or tanner's sign, i dropped below a tier 2 on the level 79 synth i was testing.. so yea, more gp for you!

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Zouri View Post
    it's not just my testing... i just seem to be the only one trying

edit: Tested thus-far... over 400 synths with varying items in mog house. The only combination to give +5 skill so far were the 150K item 200k sign, and Stall (15k). I havent been able to test the 50k items yet. (been too sick to do guild points..or play... damn flu) Any time i removed an item, be it the golden fleece or tanner's sign, i dropped below a tier 2 on the level 79 synth i was testing.. so yea, more gp for you!
    Wonder what that 50k item could possibly do... plus it's AH-able, I believe... (I have alchemy one though)

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Zouri View Post
    look at the last 5 pages of hq thread.
    I will but sorry if I don't think that's the obvious place to look and this is... Thanks for later summarising