Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

With Zouri's evidence pointing to a different conclusion than my previous one, I decided to do another batch of geodes. I now have natural skill of 97, still using fools gold, signboard, and stall (no gemscope). I did this batch without any support, and without wearing my smock or shades. If the three-furniture combination gives +5, I should have 102 skill and see tier3 HQ rates. If it gives less, I should see tier2 HQ rates.

49 synths
    1 break
    NQ: 24
    HQ1: 18
    HQ2: 5
    HQ3: 1
    Overall HQ rate: 24/49 = 49.0%.

I also calculated the exact 95% confidence interval to be 34.4% to 63.7%. That effectively rules out tier2.

Going back and looking at my previous test, with 11 of 31 HQs, the exact 95% interval is 19.2% to 54.6%, which does not sufficiently rule out tier 3 by any means. I think it's safe to say that I was just slightly unlucky with that batch.

So yeah, this test is consistent with the furniture combination giving skill +5.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Random testing with Hide Stretcher:
    Since i was bored this evening, i played around a bit.. Since mega-moglification is known at +5 with the 2 other furnishings.... i wanted to see if the hide stretcher stacked. All by itself, it gives Moghancement: Leathercraft (or whatever for your respective item/craft). So, i did 36 tests (small i know, but thats all the hides i had and guild was closed for a day).

I removed my Tanner's Gloves and got advanced support.. Only to test weather it stacks or not. I only made 2/32 hqs on torama gorgets with 2 breaks (thread only each time). After 32 synths, i put gloves back on... and made 4 out of the remaining 6 synths hq. I know its a small number, but its unnecessary. It doesnt stack with mega-moglification.

Out of boredom, i mailed it to my mule's mule who has 0 leathercraft. I attempted a Lizard Gloves synth (16) before putting furnishing in.... and unsurprisingly, my skill was too low. I put the furnishing in, and got moglification: leathercraft with 0 skill. I attempted the gloves again, and was able to try. To test cap, i tried lizard cesti (17) and was too low.

None of my crafting friends were on tonight, so i couldnt borrow one to test weather the moghancement skill would stack, and i'm only at 10k gp.. so if anyone has 2, by all means, test before i can on a random mule.

The only thing i can determine these to be useful for, since you have to be veteran to buy one... is to trade, or possibly buy from someone to raise a sub craft skill up above a tier where losing your moghancement in the main craft would not be an issue. Working on testing subcraft effect (if any) now.

edit: ok cloth friend with 100 cloth (mega-moglification) tried to see if it would work concurrently to give additional skill without the moghancement: leathercraft. (stranger things have happened) But alas, it did not. So this thing's only use is a Behemoth shrine...
    http://i53.tinypic.com/k2fqiv.jpg

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

didnt want to make new thread for my question but i've been trying to cap synergy skill and sumone told the stalls can cap it but not having any luck currently stuck at 76
    any help would be awesome

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by falseliberty View Post
    didnt want to make new thread for my question but i've been trying to cap synergy skill and sumone told the stalls can cap it but not having any luck currently stuck at 76
    any help would be awesome
    There's multiple other threads that would have been more appropriate for your question, this one is completely unrelated...

But, to answer, yes, the stalls do indeed cap above 80. I can personally attest to this, I've gotten synergy to 80 on Weaver's Stall.

@Zouri: thanks for the dedication in testing these things, it's nice stuff to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Zouri View Post
    Random testing with Hide Stretcher:
    Since i was bored this evening, i played around a bit.. Since mega-moglification is known at +5 with the 2 other furnishings.... i wanted to see if the hide stretcher stacked.
    Can it be used to substitute the 150k and/or 200k gp item to get the +5 from Megamoglification?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

hmm... that will give me something to test tomorrow, because i didnt test that. Let me do a few million synths tomorrow and i'll let you know the results. Ive been lazy on gp, so i still havent been able to test weather or not it stacks with itself...

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Has anyone figured out any more specifics on furniture combinations/requirements to obtain +5?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I don't have any woodworking furniture, just gloves/smock/ring, since all my GP has been going into fishing, however I am now going to start working on my furniture. I am 100 woodworking so I can currently hit 100+5.

First off, since this thread is pretty confusing, does the stall by itself give us +2 skill, or only when combined with another moghancement furniture? Also; what skill does the furniture give completely by itself?

I will probably do most of my testing on HQ rates for elemental staves, since I can profit while getting pretty solid numbers for you guys on HQ rates for the staves, they seem to go pretty polar when you hit the next tier from what I've been told. However to be he honest I really don't want to do this because that means, in order to not fuck the numbers up, I can't use Coconut Rusks, which will then impact my profits; and money is very precious to me ; ;

Does anyone here have all the furnitures for any non fishing craft? I think you can mail all of the furnitures to mules, no? If so, why doesn't someone just mail all their furniture to a mule with 0 skill in said craft, then just try all the permutations of furniture and attempt a set of level 16,17, etc crafts in order to find out exactly how much skill+ the furnitures give in combos.

Primarily the test is actually simple, first, stall by itself, then stall + the 50K and 150K gp items, seeing if they both give the same +skill, then do both, then sign+stall, finally sign+stall+both +1 furnitures and see if it is still only +2 skill or more.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by urat View Post
    I don't have any woodworking furniture, just gloves/smock/ring, since all my GP has been going into fishing, however I am now going to start working on my furniture. I am 100 woodworking so I can currently hit 100+5.

First off, since this thread is pretty confusing, does the stall by itself give us +2 skill, or only when combined with another moghancement furniture? Also; what skill does the furniture give completely by itself?

I will probably do most of my testing on HQ rates for elemental staves, since I can profit while getting pretty solid numbers for you guys on HQ rates for the staves, they seem to go pretty polar when you hit the next tier from what I've been told. However to be he honest I really don't want to do this because that means, in order to not fuck the numbers up, I can't use Coconut Rusks, which will then impact my profits; and money is very precious to me ; ;

Does anyone here have all the furnitures for any non fishing craft? I think you can mail all of the furnitures to mules, no? If so, why doesn't someone just mail all their furniture to a mule with 0 skill in said craft, then just try all the permutations of furniture and attempt a set of level 16,17, etc crafts in order to find out exactly how much skill+ the furnitures give in combos.

Primarily the test is actually simple, first, stall by itself, then stall + the 50K and 150K gp items, seeing if they both give the same +skill, then do both, then sign+stall, finally sign+stall+both +1 furnitures and see if it is still only +2 skill or more.
    I have everything the alchemy guild sells except the ring, but I'm pretty sure you can't mail GP items.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Nevermind, misread Zouri's post about mailing furniture, thought she had mailed the stall not the 50K item, so I assumed guild items could be mailed >_<

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Currently saving up for signboard, but to make things simple for the next item, it is known that the 50K item + 200K item is no different then the 150K in its place. As asked before with no reply, if you were to use the 50K+200K+stall would you still get +5, or does the strength of these items play a part in maxing this skill value out when the stall is placed inside? If the only difference is strength, then adjusting other furnishings to maintain the aura wont be a big deal. This would be good to know for those still saving up GP's.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

nope.. the hide stretcher doesnt stack with the mega-moglification...

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Buche des Etoiles
    https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Buche_des_Etoiles

Reported on official forums by Community Rep Gildrein as giving Cooking Skill. ("Its sugarly essence will give an extra touch to your cooking skill.")
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...l=1#post248283

Testing of this item: It has aura strength of 2 Wind. It gives Mega Moglification: Cooking. You can stack this item to overcome other elemental energies, i.e. 4x Buche des Etoiles are needed to overcome Panetiere's 6xDark energy. 1x Buche des Etoiles has the same strength as Bomb Lantern. Mega Moglification: Cooking strength is +5 skill, verified on lv0 cooking mule: was able to attempt lv20 Selbina Butter, but not lv21 Roast Pipira. Tried again with 6x Buche des Etoiles stacked in Mog House, but still unable to attempt Roast Pipira. Conclusion: item gives bonus of +5 Cooking skill only once and adding further item has no additional effect on skill. Further testing needed: Culinarians' Stall was reported to give Mega Moglification: Cooking skill of at least +4 with 150k GP and 200k GP items each adding further +1 (I pulled this info to my personal notes somewhere from these forums). I'd advise to recheck this assumption. It might be that any Mega Moglification: Cooking source caps at +5 and the bonus from different GP items doesn't stack. This claim might be supported by 50k GP item not giving any skill to Mega Moglification.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Zirael View Post
    Buche des Etoiles
    https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Buche_des_Etoiles

Reported on official forums by Community Rep Gildrein as giving Cooking Skill. ("Its sugarly essence will give an extra touch to your cooking skill.")
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...l=1#post248283

Testing of this item: It has aura strength of 2 Wind. It gives Mega Moglification: Cooking. You can stack this item to overcome other elemental energies, i.e. 4x Buche des Etoiles are needed to overcome Panetiere's 6xDark energy. 1x Buche des Etoiles has the same strength as Bomb Lantern. Mega Moglification: Cooking strength is +5 skill, verified on lv0 cooking mule: was able to attempt lv20 Selbina Butter, but not lv21 Roast Pipira. Tried again with 6x Buche des Etoiles stacked in Mog House, but still unable to attempt Roast Pipira. Conclusion: item gives bonus of +5 Cooking skill only once and adding further item has no additional effect on skill. Further testing needed: Culinarians' Stall was reported to give Mega Moglification: Cooking skill of at least +4 with 150k GP and 200k GP items each adding further +1 (I pulled this info to my personal notes somewhere from these forums). I'd advise to recheck this assumption. It might be that any Mega Moglification: Cooking source caps at +5 and the bonus from different GP items doesn't stack. This claim might be supported by 50k GP item not giving any skill to Mega Moglification.
    How you got stall with 0 cooking skill?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kari Arisu
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Atoreis View Post
    How you got stall with 0 cooking skill?
    Maybe I'm not reading it right, but I don't think he mentioned having the stall on his mule, just the Buche des Etoiles.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4