RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    Mako controls were rage filled fun. I believe it worked out better on pc but on the xbox it was torture.
    It was painful to play on the PC as well.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Kyo View Post
    News coming soonish.
    source? i'd love me some more ME2 dlc!

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

In addition to the factions they better explain the 35mill year old society that disabled a reaper in ME2, that would obviously be the most powerful weapon in your arsenal.

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by vrumpt View Post
    source? i'd love me some more ME2 dlc!
    Me?

I think that a combination of the extra planets in both games would probably be the best way. The open-world nature of the huge areas in ME1, but with the ease of exploration of the Hammerhead. I'd still like to see some of the linear N7 missions from ME2, but more sections like Overlord's hub world (with the option to get out whenever you want, or even fight a thresher maw with the hammerhead) would be sweet.

The problem with ME1 and exploration was the lack of distinct and cool shit that happened on each planet. The most exciting thing that could happen while exploring was sighting a Thrasher Maw, otherwise, the worlds lacked any distinct features that made exploration worthwhile and fun.

That weird prothean ruin was interesting (the one with the fucked up story), more stuff like that would be fine. I don't mind the copypasted environments as much, it's unrealistic to have that many planets be unique, but the copypasta terrain needed something on top to make it more interesting.

The thing that probably gets me most hard is thinking about who's gonna be squadmates and whatnot in the 3rd game. I think Tali is a definite, other than that I have a lot of guesses (after the last DLC I really hope you get Liara back) but yeah.

One thing is that I don't think the 3rd game will focus on recruiting individual teammates quite as much (probably replacing it with recruiting factions to save earth) since that was the whole point of ME2 and it would be pretty repetitive.

It definitely feels like you can almost guess which minor characters are going to figure into the main story more by how famous their voice actors are. Admiral Shal'raan, Captain Bailey, Kal'Reegar, Aria T'Loak, and Gatatog(or Wrex), all had big name voice actors and none of them really had much of a role in ME2, so I'm thinking most of them will make a comeback in the story for sure.

Fuck this game gets me horny

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trent Reznuh
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

as usual just sitting here reading some of your replies to ME threads makes me wonder why the fuck i haven't played these. i even own both of them, they just got lost in the to-do pile. gotta kick myself in the ass and get this shit done.

do it

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeah this just got me motivated to do the Shadow Broker dlc which I havent yet.

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Shadow Broker is the best DLC yet for Mass Effect 2, and one of the best DLC's available, you'd be doing yourself a huge injustice if you didnt play it.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Hmm, I've been slackin on the shadow broker dlc myself

it's so gooooood

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I had trouble running the game when I tried to install it, so I slacked off on it. But I reinstalled the full game and it works now, so gonna start soon.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Thing with the squadmates for the third game is that they will have to take into account any deaths in the second game. The first time I played through for some reason Tali and Thane both died on me during the final mission. I'm sure other people had different combination's of people dying on them so they won't be available for the third game. Do you replace them in the third game with new members or do just the survivors from ME2 continue on into ME3 as part of your squad? How about the remainder of the crew from ME1? Liara is poking around as the Shadow Broker presumably as long as you played the DLC and Wrex might or might not be on the Krogan homeworld running things.

They just better bring back Legion at the very least.

Ah yes, 'Reapers'
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kyo View Post
    Me?
    You? What is it you do to get that sort of information, if you don't mind my asking?

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    Thing with the squadmates for the third game is that they will have to take into account any deaths in the second game. The first time I played through for some reason Tali and Thane both died on me during the final mission. I'm sure other people had different combination's of people dying on them so they won't be available for the third game. Do you replace them in the third game with new members or do just the survivors from ME2 continue on into ME3 as part of your squad? How about the remainder of the crew from ME1? Liara is poking around as the Shadow Broker presumably as long as you played the DLC and Wrex might or might not be on the Krogan homeworld running things.

They just better bring back Legion at the very least.
    Yeah, the way they handled ME2's ending makes casting in 3 difficult. Either they account for possible deaths, and as such that person won't be available on your team for ME3, or they get a whole new squad with the survivors of ME2 just having NPC roles. With that, they can add and takeaway dialogue as necessary, rather than change who fights with you.

In anycase, I second Legion, he's awesome. It'll also be interesting to see more Geth perspective. Aria would be a great addition, Asari are always welcome and Aria seems like the kind of psychopath you'd want on your team. It's not like Shepard can't handle a psychopath or two. Other than that, Tali and Liara need to come back, along with Wrex and Garrus. Maybe that other Quarian that's voiced by Adam Baldwin as well, or the crazy one on the ship that wants to dissect Geth and control them again.

Yeah, this game makes me wet.

edit to above poster: Kyo works at EA, in PR and marketing. I'd take him at his word personally.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Yeah, this game makes me wet.
    Fuckin' yes. I'm considering buying ME2 and playing through again

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseos View Post
    The mining in ME2 I thought was boring, since I absolutely loved the Mako. Landing on a random planet and exploring the shit out of was one of my favorite things about the first Mass Effect.

Can't wait for this, has there been any word on more ME2 DLC?
    Scroll down a couple posts.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to...492/39#5435151

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Lhyet View Post
    You? What is it you do to get that sort of information, if you don't mind my asking?
    He works for EA, lol.