+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 256 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 3     submit to reddit submit to twitter

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Sweet, I dont care about any of the CE stuff. So long as I can still get it I dont really care. Ends up being cheaper getting standard and DLC anyway :D

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

ITT: Last 3 pages, Kuya PMSing all over this thread.

SO SURPRISED.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuya View Post
    I don't know what to think about this. If it is true, it's a very convenient excuse. A separate team worked on it and completed it after the core game was finished and certified, nonetheless, it's coming out at the same time as the main game.

I wish they would have sold this dlc months after the game's release so i could at least have pretended they weren't pulling my leg.
    It's more than likely PR bullshit to try and please at least some of the complainers.
    Prothean had tons of dialogue in even the earliest leak, they had to have at least known they were going to make it early into the development cycle and had clearly put in a lot of effort already for the dialogue to already be there.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I'll prob wait and see before getting any dlc. For ME1 and ME2 the only stuff I payed for was game content(missions), I don't really care about weapons our outfits. Depending on how much additional game play the Prothean has, might pick it up, or might wait till down the road to see if it goes cheaper when other dlc (if any) comes out.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

me2 dlc is STILL full price...

Possibly a dumb question but are they going to be making/selling more CE's after release? It sort of sounded from that last press release they weren't. Release date crept up on me and I didn't preorder yet.

GATTACA!

BG Level

The last statement I read from a Bioware person said they aren't making any more. It was somewhere on the Bioware forums.

Lame Xbox everywhere looks out (all my 1 & 2 saves are on it), found it for ps3 in a couple spots.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Probably been posted already but wtf @ http://petition.masseffect.com/

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseos View Post
    Lame Xbox everywhere looks out (all my 1 & 2 saves are on it), found it for ps3 in a couple spots.
    Yeah it sucks. I went ahead and pre-ordered the regular edition from gamestop but I'm going to check around on release day because I would really like the CE.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincento View Post
    Probably been posted already but wtf @ http://petition.masseffect.com/
    looooooooooool

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

There has been leaks about the "Prothean" squad mate for at least 6 months, it's completely confirmed, and there is artwork of em in the art book. It was planned dlc and yes they are withholding product so they can sell it as launch day content. This is how the world works now, get used to it. Also to clarify the collectors edition statement, they said they could not make any more "in time for release" so you won't be shit out of luck forever, just no more preorders. I'm guessing retail stores will be loaded with collecters editions.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meek Marcello
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

They're just covering their shit with the separate teams bullshit, they tried to hide their shit with the script leaks to. Anyways it has costumes right? I guess that justifies the price, for me anyways.

the elephant whisperer
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Just playing devil's advocate here...but scripting something out and it being a finished product is far from the same thing. They could've had it written and planned but not had time to complete it before whatever deadline was imposed on them so they switched it to CE/DLC.

Sums my feelings up pretty well. Damn shame, too.

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I'm glad I found something better to spend $86.55 on, motherfuck EA.

Edit: Disgusting indeed. Could you guys just imagine the fucking uproar if SE said one day OK guys we are doing a Chrono Trigger remake everyone has been waiting for.

DAY ONE DLC: A robotic ally from the future that may change the course of history/your endings. 14.99 USD

1 month post launch DLC: WANT TO BRING CRONO BACK TO LIFE? 9.99 USD

Want Magus as a character in your party? 19.99 USD

lol if this is the way the world is going to work, it can go fuck itself. Blackcats all night, all day.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I demand dlc with an elcor squadmate.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Thats kind of what they are doing with FFXIII-2 actually, lol.

We need to accept that cash shop non mmos are the new business models for most companies. If you do not like it speak with your wallet and not online petitions. Personally, I can see them making a Prothean DLC rather than just release it into the game.. as for crap that is already on the disc and just unlocking it Capcom does it ALL the time.

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

I would feel at least content if nobody defended such blatant mistreatment of customers, but somehow there always has to be people willing to defend bullshit. The very least we all could do is agree that this prothean dlc thing is reaper sized bullshit.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I think there is a difference between defending something and just accepting something for what it is. The dlc cash shop formula is there to milk you for the dumbest shit. I come to expect it. If I feel its useless (whiteknight chronicles 3 dollars for one color pallette) I do not buy it. To say that because DLC will be available to CE owners the day of release means it should be available to everyone for free is a bit short sighted. It is content, but I personally haven't had the opportunity to play through the entire story to say that the dlc in question is an integral part to the game. I am assuming it is not....ya know, considering it's DLC.

I agree it is unethical, and I agree it is bullshit.. all the same though I've come to expect it, and it's not that deep to me. When I come to feel I've been mistreated and taken for I will simply stop supporting their products.

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

I agree it is unethical, and I agree it is bullshit
    I'll take it!