FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Godzilla (May 16th, 2014)

Congratulations, Gareth Edwards: You've only made one film — this year's ingeniously low-budget alien indie Monsters, which you also did the special effects for — but you just won the big-league job of directing the Legendary Pictures reboot of Godzilla. You'll begin searching for a new writer to replace Doom screenwriter David Callaham, you'll pray that Roland Emmerich's 1998 entry has been mostly forgotten, and you'll hope that you have better luck rebooting a stalled franchise than, say, Louis Leterrier had with The Incredible Hulk, which didn't significantly improve on the box office of Ang Lee's disappointing first stab. We're rooting for you ... good luck.
    http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment...ds_godzil.html

Gareth Edwards
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2284484/

He directed, wrote, & did the visual effects for a little known film Monsters.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

eh can't be any worse than the last one right?

Ridill
    BG Level

I kinda liked the American Godzilla movie. Granted I was 12 when I saw it.

Was Monsters any good? At least worth the bandwidth?

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

I've heard nothing but praise for Monsters. Indie directors making reboots seems to be all the rage these days first 500 Days of Summer guy doing Spidey now this.

And I liked American Godzilla too. Also, its hardly a franchise in the US with what 2 movies? Godzilla and Gozilla 2000(which was Japanese footage iirc?) onry?

Comparison to Hulk seems unfair and weird too, one reboot is of a successful 13 year old movie and the other was an alternate telling of a mediocre 5 year old movie. Also wasn't Hulk reboot good?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I've been a Godzilla fan for as long as I can remember, so I welcome any new additions to the franchise. There aren't enough monster movies made anymore that don't involve that shit hole that is Asylum.

And yeah, American Godzilla was awesome (at least I remember it being awesome).

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Screenwriter David Goyer has been hired by Legendary Pictures to write the script for the Godzilla movie that they want to make. For those of you not familiar with his work he wrote Dark City, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, Man of Steel, and The Dark Knight Rises. So he should have the fanboys and fangirls backing him up on this.

There are no story details yet, but I can tell you that it will be about a big prehistoric reptilian monster that will destroy a big city. Legendary plans to approach the film and its characters in the most authentic manner possible. It will be interesting to see how this film turns out, with an updated monster design and with the awesome CGI effects and technology that we have today. As for the story, it's going to be what it's always been.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2011/7/13...la-script.html
    http://www.deadline.com/2011/07/lege...-for-godzilla/

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

My inner-child is going fucking balls to walls insane.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I was about 10 when the first american godzilla movie came out and I remember loving it back then, but I haven't seen it since then. Hopefully this movie turns out to be good

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Sqwunk View Post
    I was about 10 when the first american godzilla movie came out and I remember loving it back then, but I haven't seen it since then. Hopefully this movie turns out to be good
    Hah. It was on FX yesterday morning and I loved it too as a kid but man does it suck ass now. Wasn't much 'god' in his name if he couldn't take a couple of missiles.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I enjoyed what they tried to do with Emmerich's Godzilla.

I remember watching a behind the scenes segment on Showtime about it, how the lizard in that movie was what the original Japanese creators always envisioned (but could realize since their technical prowess stopped at a guy in a rubber suit). In the end, Emmerich's Godzilla came off a little too realistic (couldn't take a few missiles, no thermonuclear breath, no luminous spines), and the look, while being what was always planned, assaulted the fans' nostalgia.

And then, looking at the movie, it was kind of cheesy as hell. But whatever, this new guy could do an American Godzilla justice. Here's hoping.

I seriously don't get all the hate against Emmerich's Godzilla...it's not like the original movies had a very deep story or weren't cheesy as hell. It's a movie about a giant lizard invading a big city...what did you expect?

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xalien Shadowstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I think what I hated most about the Godzilla movie was the Puff Daddy song tied to it.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by XalienLevi View Post
    I think what I hated most about the Godzilla movie was the Puff Daddy song tied to it.
    i only remember the jamiroquai song

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

The only part I really remember being retarded in the American Godzilla was that it was a she and she laid a bunch of eggs in MSG. I always think it's lame as hell when movies try to arbitrarily set up a sequel without even bothering to tie up the current story.

godzilla is a monster vs monster thing, the american one was humans vs monster.

Ridill
    BG Level

That guy called Stargate and ID4 horrible movies?
    and he's complaining that the film was shot in too many locations? This guy's a retarded dumbass.

not that Godzilla was all that good either way

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I still have this toy on my shelf

http://ny-image0.etsy.com/il_570xN.242810116.jpg

Hand still shoots out.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

That guy with glasses is fucking annoying.

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast