+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Godzilla (May 16th, 2014)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Are they going to film this from 1 POV like Cloverfield? I thought that format worked awesome for a monster movie, just hated how they made a cheap attempt at branding the clover guy and ruined everything by making him some shitty fun-size toy at the end.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by notorious bum View Post
    Are they going to film this from 1 POV like Cloverfield? I thought that format worked awesome for a monster movie, just hated how they made a cheap attempt at branding the clover guy and ruined everything by making him some shitty fun-size toy at the end.
    You might be confused cause of the POV, but cloverfield monster was huge. You see a glimpse of him in the middle of the movie fighting the army, and he's quite bigger than he seems at the end.

I know, yet, the way they revealed him at the end was a lame interaction and made him appear like a kids toy. Cloverfield should have stayed ambiguous and menacing like the first glimpse of satan's spawn himself, as seen in the mortar and rocket-filled streets.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shuichi Shadowstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I don't think they'll be doing the "shaky cam" thing with this one. I surely hope not.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I know, yet, the way they revealed him at the end was a lame interaction and made him appear like a kids toy. Cloverfield should have stayed ambiguous and menacing like the first glimpse of satan's spawn himself, as seen in the mortar and rocket-filled streets.
    I totally agree. The service they did at the end killed what was otherwise a perfect "real world" monster movie for me.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Wait, does this mean this godzilla is gonna be shooting flames and shit? Awesome.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shuichi Shadowstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Wait, does this mean this godzilla is gonna be shooting flames and shit? Awesome.
    Yep. Movie is directed by Gareth Edwards who made a neat little film called Monsters. One of his main points on the Godzilla movie was not to make the same mistakes "the-other-one-that-shall-not-be-named".

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

About this cloverfield thing I'm trying to visualize what yall talking about and fron what I can remember the last scene they show him in was eating the best friend and walking away.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    fucking glorious

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

There's also the fan theory of there being two Clovers (monsters) in Cloverfield. Abrams supposedly confirmed that the one you actually get to see is baby, but I never saw that nor does it really confirm the former. Also this movie is going to fucking awesome and that teaser has me hyped as fuck.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shuichi Shadowstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by TacoTaru View Post
    There's also the fan theory of there being two Clovers (monsters) in Cloverfield. Abrams supposedly confirmed that the one you actually get to see is baby, but I never saw that nor does it really confirm the former. Also this movie is going to fucking awesome and that teaser has me hyped as fuck.
    Indeed, the one in the movie was supposed to be a baby. I think it was in the blu-ray extra content. Now I wanna watch that movie again. Was my first blu-ray i bought.

If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Everyone shitted on that movie, but I absolutely loved it. The whole not-knowing what it was about before going in, and just the helplessness (ie. unhappy ending) was awesome and ending it without the whole thing being resolved was so cool to me.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    Think my body is ready.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shuichi Shadowstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Chun Liroy View Post
    Everyone shitted on that movie, but I absolutely loved it. The whole not-knowing what it was about before going in, and just the helplessness (ie. unhappy ending) was awesome and ending it without the whole thing being resolved was so cool to me.
    Couldn't agree with you more. The not-knowing was fun and then the unhappy ending was great. I would love to see more sci-fi movies do the unhappy ending thing. Not every monster/alien encounter is gonna end with rainbows and cupcakes, especially when dealing with a new unknown and overwhelming entity. I should finish my script one day!

BG Level

yeah loved cloverfield, never really understood the hate for it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Shuichi View Post
    Couldn't agree with you more. The not-knowing was fun and then the unhappy ending was great. I would love to see more sci-fi movies do the unhappy ending thing. Not every monster/alien encounter is gonna end with rainbows and cupcakes, especially when dealing with a new unknown and overwhelming entity. I should finish my script one day!
    Loved the hell out of Cloverfield for that same reason.

Quote Originally Posted by mallister View Post
    yeah loved cloverfield, never really understood the hate for it.
    The hate for comes from the majority of moviegoers being completely detached from cinematographic art. They go to the movies to Watch something, not be engaged by the writing, or directing style. Didn't Quarantine have similar cinematography and general theme? Don't remember hearing a lot of hate for that movie when it came out.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Lightbringer

Quote Originally Posted by Waraji View Post
    Don't remember hearing a lot of hate for that movie when it came out.
    Selectively forgetting the huge debate over the shaky cam style?

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

It's motherfucking Godzilla, that means atomic breath and blowing shit up.

That poster made my body all tingly, uguu. I can't wait to see the movie. It cannot be released soon enough!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast