Page 46 of 285 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 96 ... LastLast
    Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Scythiroth View Post
    I'm honestly just thinking about this as a more realistic looking Kingdom Hearts game, so this doesn't surprise me too much.
    Wouldn't have been bothered by it if they didn't tease it in the past.
    I was really looking forward to it since they even had the over-the-shoulder cam for the gun guy which implied the playstyles between each character was probably going to be pretty different. That would have been fantastic.

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I wonder if they ruled out sections of gameplay where you can control the other characters. You don't have to rebuild the battle system or the AI just for small sections, just vary up the gameplay a little from time to time. Kinda like when you played Vaan's brother in FFXII.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    Wouldn't have been bothered by it if they didn't tease it in the past.
    I was really looking forward to it since they even had the over-the-shoulder cam for the gun guy which implied the playstyles between each character was probably going to be pretty different. That would have been fantastic.
    Oh, I don't even remember that. That's annoying then.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

GAF battle system analysis based on what we've seen and heard so far.
    Sounds good to me.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=906962

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    GAF battle system analysis based on what we've seen and heard so far.
    Sounds good to me.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=906962
    That's why I like those guys over at neogaf. Sounds cool. I wonder if weather will affect our magic i.e. no fire casting when raining

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    What if FFXV came out on PS1
    It would run better than the PC version.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Action rpg. Seems the days of epic rpg's are dying if not nearly dead.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Meathead FPS gamers took over everything. RIP in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by vagus View Post
    Action rpg. Seems the days of epic rpg's are dying if not nearly dead.
    I'm sure the gameplay is at fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Meathead FPS gamers took over everything. RIP in peace.
    And now from BGs greatest hits.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

An action RPG cannot be epic. Rule of law. Somehow old school JRPGs with stories only passable because there was nothing else are much than anything we could do today.

Or maybe we can actually judge the game when it comes out instead of acting like the genre is the determining factor in terribleness.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Tidane View Post
    An action RPG cannot be epic. Rule of law. Somehow old school JRPGs with stories only passable because there was nothing else are much than anything we could do today.

Or maybe we can actually judge the game when it comes out instead of acting like the genre is the determining factor in terribleness.
    To be fair, SE's recent track record isn't helping their cause. Fans and critics have the right to be cautious since SE hasn't quite found the balance of their older works in a while.

I'd almost want them to try and make a game as simplistic gameplay wise as possible (which very well may be what theyre trying here) if it allowed them to focus on the story instead. I know better than to ask SE to compromise the graphics with their current mindset, even though I think it would provide them a creative spark buckles and edgy hasn't been able to provide.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

If SE would just reestablish a line of regular release, non-handheld titles that used the FF4-9 (+CT & X-2) system, it'd go a long way to rebuilding trust.
    I'd even take SNES era graphics too, though I think they could afford to run with an improved Legend of Mana quality for 2D.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Cantih View Post
    If SE would just reestablish a line of regular release, non-handheld titles that used the FF4-9 (+CT & X-2) system, it'd go a long way to rebuilding trust.
    I'd even take SNES era graphics too, though I think they could afford to run with an improved Legend of Mana quality for 2D.
    In that vein, I too would love a "MegaMan 9" type of throwback. Just to test the waters. Build an original title using the Seiken 3 or FF6 engine (modified for necessary online download variations between E-Shop, PSN, and Live) and see what happens.

Hell, use the same War of the Lions engine for another Tactics. Just try something to see if there is a creative spark left beyond making something look prettier.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    I'd almost want them to try and make a game as simplistic gameplay wise as possible (which very well may be what theyre trying here) if it allowed them to focus on the story instead.
    I don't know how they could go simpler than XIII's auto-battle combat that carried you for the first 20 hours of gameplay, before a little more finesse with paradigm shifting was required.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    In that vein, I too would love a "MegaMan 9" type of throwback. Just to test the waters.
    Final Fantasy Dimensions? Granted, iOS/Android only, and it seemed to have been a lukewarm reception at best.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    I don't know how they could go simpler than XIII's auto-battle combat that carried you for the first 20 hours of gameplay, before a little more finesse with paradigm shifting was required.

Final Fantasy Dimensions? Granted, iOS/Android only, and it seemed to have been a lukewarm reception at best.
    Simpler than 13's auto attack? Most fights in any FF title I'm spamming attack and usually win unless I need to cast haste or cure or something sometimes. Rarely would I cast spells because longer animation to do less or equal damage.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

i think its just that XIII made it patently obvious that you didn't need to do extra to win battles..

i dunno bout the rest but i have no patience for strategy with fodder mobs anymore..
    the most recent "traditional" turn-based RPG i played was Bravely Default, and even in that one i was auto-attacking (brave x3, attack) on all 4 characters for every battle except bosses.

And it didn't start from XIII anyway.. XII somehow understands this philosophy. Lifes too short to micro-manage every battle.. especially the ones that are so insignificant.
    I'm happy as long as boss fights are epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    i think its just that XIII made it patently obvious that you didn't need to do extra to win battles..

i dunno bout the rest but i have no patience for strategy with fodder mobs anymore..
    the most recent "traditional" turn-based RPG i played was Bravely Default, and even in that one i was auto-attacking (brave x3, attack) on all 4 characters for every battle except bosses.

And it didn't start from XIII anyway.. XII somehow understands this philosophy. Lifes too short to micro-manage every battle.. especially the ones that are so insignificant.
    I'm happy as long as boss fights are epic.
    Exactly. Fodder doesn't need to be interesting they just need to be fun to smash. There can be more dangerous types of fodder, but they should all be pretty simple to take out (and in action games, killing fodder is actually fun) so that you can focus on enemies that matter.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I fail to understand how an 'action' rpg is inherently less epic than any other.
    vagus, would you mind explaining the logic behind your statement to me?

Everyone is entitled to their opinions and I won't argue against it; I just want to know where you're coming from.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

To me KH hearts was an action rpg. Not saying that is a bad thing. Based on the trailer 15 looks to be similar.

The days of grinding on tough monsters, a non-linear story line, multiple character story lines, big budget soundtrack and vast different zones.

My expectations of a SE is maybe too high.

Closed Thread
Page 46 of 285 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 96 ... LastLast