Closed Thread
Page 47 of 285 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 97 ... LastLast
    Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

News Bump

EDIT: Found another one with more gameplay. I'd watch them order, not sure if the first video is included in the second one, i'm trying to watch the whole thing as I type.

Apparently this isn't even the final form, the actual live stream is in 8hrs~:

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Translation

First video is mostly them showing, how they made the TGS demo
    2nd video is mostly just to show how vast the world is

- Battle type is Active Cross Battle (suppose to be a simple system that allows you to do difficult action)
    - (most questions are stupid like, who do you think is Noctis best friend?, feel like i'm watching XIV Q&A)
    - Not 100% confirmed, but should have Japaneese voice in NA/EU version
    - Popular Final Fantasy Monsters should be in the game, adapted to the FFXV world
    - Summons will be there (but no info on how)
    - Even though we saw Toad in the TGS video, there will be no Toad Spell
    - There's a part missin between video 2 and 3, but they talking about an annoying magic that won't be back
    - @1min30 of the third video, is a fishing spot, because you can fish in FFXV
    - The 'exploration video' is only a small part of the March Demo which will have events and monsters

So pretty much nothing new ws presented

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

God damn the game looks amazing as fuck. That draw distance on the world map is fucking huge.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yeah, seriously. The second and third video are kind of ridiculous in an amazing way. The world, even in that small section of it, seems incredibly vast. Makes me hope you get a chocobo whistle or something when you're running around and not in the car

Boy, I hope this released on PC and we can actually view the game like its being showcased. I highly doubt you will get all those bells and whistles on the consoles.

The environment just looks amazing, they can pack so much shit in there I wonder how many areas like that will we see. So far we seen grasslands I'm curious if there's gonna be desert

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

That second vid makes it look like you can drive your car off the road and crash into the lake and call AAA, but I doubt that. We'll probably see our old friend the invisible wall make a return. Also inb4 too open, too much walking/running, must be more linear etc etc.

I'm excited.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Haven't they said something to the effect that if you can see it, you can go to it?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So I can crash my car into the Garula and do 9999 damage! :3

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Omniyoji View Post
    That second vid makes it look like you can drive your car off the road and crash into the lake and call AAA, but I doubt that. We'll probably see our old friend the invisible wall make a return. Also inb4 too open, too much walking/running, must be more linear etc etc.

I'm excited.
    They might have something like GTA's drunk driving thing where it makes the car stay on the road instead of a legit invisible wall.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

im thinking the car probably autopilots on the road and you can't actually choose how to drive but only to accelerate and stop, and pull over..

very impressed by how big the world is.. and that amazing drawdistance. i sincerely hope that the game will somehow be able to utilize the vastness of the world.. if not for the main story, just for side quests and whatnot.. cos i think it'd be damn fun to just wander around, as sandbox types tend to be.

wotg torrent kitty :3
    BG Level

From GAF:

Found a Japanese script. Here is all the important stuff shown:

Walking the world

• The first video shown is a portion of the Dascae region which will be on the demo
    • Events and enemy position removed/changed for this video to show just the walking
    • You can eat and gather information at gas stations
    • If you can see something in the background you can go to it
    • Depending on the shape of the ground Noct and friends walking animations will change
    • If you keep running you can see your friends tire and try to catch their breath
    • You can fish in streams, rivers, and the ocean!
    • You can fight the wildlife. As they are always active, be careful as they will attack if you get close
    • There are buildings in the forest with people living in them. You can enter some of these buildings
    • There are also animals that aren't enemies like cats and dogs
    • In order to make the mountains the developers actually climbed one. They might show a video of them doing this one day
    • Demons like the Naga or the Goblins will come out of the caves at night
    • It's dangerous at night and is safer to rest at a gas station or by other means
    • The party members dialogue will change in accordance to the time
    • A Chocobo was shown in the forest. Look forward to finding out more in the demo
    • The enemy airship patrols will sometimes land and fight you
    • Magitek Armor will make an appearance. (was not meant to have been said)
    • The Dascae region is as a large as 10% of the game

The Tech Demo!
    • Currently transferring the game from Ebony to Luminous
    • Engine transferring currently 80% complete and will be 100% done by the time the demo is out.
    • Working with Sony and MS to help push the hardware to its limits
    • Not all, but you can destroy buildings and the ground
    • With the power of Luminous FFXV will far surpase FF:AC
    • Another tech demo is planned to be shown at a later date

Your questions to Tabata

Q.What if I mash the attack button instead of holding it down?
    A.Even if you mash the attack button the combo will still operate fine and connect together. It's possible to counter while you button mash; if you hold the button down you have to be more careful of the enemies movements and it's more strategic.

Q.Will Type0 HD be available digitally and will it come with the FFXV demo?
    A.Of course

Q.Why doesn't the MP show up on the UI?
    A.The battle UI is still temporary. When it is complete it will clearly show the MP

Q.I'm a little worried the game will only last 40 hours
    A.The main story itself will take 40 hours. Beating dungeons and other actives will make the length of the game much longer

Next Episode Preview
    Jump Festa!

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

40 hours for just the main story seems pretty good, doesn't it? I feel like most final fantasy games I can work through in 25~30 hours even if I do a lot of the side quest stuff

40? That seems more than any other one if they saying that's excluding additional activities. I'm pretty excited to hear they putting some effort into developing side activities too. Seems like they are going above and beyond with this one and it's about god damn time

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I'm not expecting the world them to be building as vast and large as any of the elder scrolls titles, but if that region makes up about 10% of the game and from just a blind guess saying we probably haven't seen more than 5% of it given those huge pillars that arch across the landscape and the aetherial pillar thing out there, I can only imagine how epic the city states and everything will be.

40 hours for main story is enough for me, what I'm curious about is what the side quests, and end game will end up contributing to the hours sunk into this.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I think with the exception of XII, most FF main stories have been between the 20-35 hour mark depending on how speedy you are/skilled you are. It's almost always been in the grind/side content, so hopefully it has enough.

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The extra time will just be one long Kojima-esque cut scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Bregor View Post
    The extra time will just be one long Kojima-esque cut scene.
    the main guy will cook eggs?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Burningthought View Post
    dem Cinque panty shots >_>

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Rem va doesn't seem that bad

Closed Thread
Page 47 of 285 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 97 ... LastLast