Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Anyone have any tips on how to keep sunbro alive during the gaping dragon fight? He doesn't know how to dodge so he just gets his ass handed to him before I can get the dragon down to half.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

No reason to keep him alive, he'll still show up for your next fights even he dies. Gaping Dragon is a cakewalk with or without him, like other people said the only fight where you honestly really want him around is Smoughstein, and maybe the Centipede boss to help you take out his tail for the ring.

New Odin
    BG Level

The "endgame" in this game feels unfinished and unpolished up to the point of annoyance. Compared to the early levels I'm just not feeling it.

It seems like they had some great ideas but the execution is not good enough.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    and maybe the Centipede boss to help you take out his tail for the ring.
    You get the ring whether you take out the tail or not.

Sure but taking out the tail (or arm) asap so you can use the ring for the rest of the fight can really help.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    No reason to keep him alive, he'll still show up for your next fights even he dies. Gaping Dragon is a cakewalk with or without him, like other people said the only fight where you honestly really want him around is Smoughstein, and maybe the Centipede boss to help you take out his tail for the ring.
    I only used him once and that was with the gargoyles. I don't think I really even needed him there.
    Spoiler: show
    Though I'm still sad I had to kill him ; ;

So who all has tails that need to be cut off for items that are 1 of a kind? I want to try and get them all on my 2nd playthrough as I'm sure I've already missed most tail items.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Audrey Weaver
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Any tips for meleeing the big wolf? Fucker keeps fixing his position

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Ohemgee View Post
    Any tips for meleeing the big wolf? Fucker keeps fixing his position
    Your object is to get under him. Stay at a distance until he comes at you, then you roll toward him. If you're under him, melee away. If not, get closer if you can, but keep your shield up until you're under him. If you can't, back away and wait for him to come at you again.

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Never mind, made that dog my bitch

Ridill
    BG Level

A good shield is great for that fight. If you have a crappy shield or get caught not blocking when he uses his 2x 360swing you are pretty much gonna die.
    and as said, best way is to stay under him and swing away. He can't hit you with most hits when you are under him. He will occasionally jump back, so Run as fast as you can right back up to him. Dont let him get distance on you or he'll make you regret it. If you can't catch up to him before he readies his charging attack, prepare to either dodge or block it. Dodge it if you have the timing down, because it will drain a lot of stamina.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Graelinn View Post
    Sure but taking out the tail (or arm) asap so you can use the ring for the rest of the fight can really help.
    This was was I was getting at with wanting Solaire around for that fight. Get the boss distracted so you can cut off his tail and get the ring for the rest of the fight (or on your next attempt if you die).

Ridill
    BG Level

Centipede is easy without the ring.
    As soon as you enter, run to the right. You'll have to jump across two little lava streams, but you can make it across with very minimal damage. You will find a large chunk of land with plenty of room to circle around the centipede and lure him around and stay away from his stomach. I chopped off his tail and killed it solo on my 1st playthrough that way.

That is what happened to me, died just as I saw the ring pop up on my screen. Super quick run back from Firelink and made that effer pay. Ring is awesome. I can easily see beating him without it, as I almost did just trying to cut the tail, but I wanted the ring for a few items elsewhere surrounded in lava.

Ridill
    BG Level

I had gotten the ember in demon ruins past all the taurus without the lava ring because I didn't know about it at the time. It was suicide, but I got it!

Oh I got that one actually, I forgot lol. Iron Skin + flasks. Also the guide lied to me and told me those mobs respawned. I was not entirely unhappy when I saw that those particular ones didn't.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

lol @ Jolly Cooperation pic. Speaking of Solaire...he's bugged for NG+...bah

If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I want orstein's lance so bad, but I'm having major trouble soloing this myself, by killing ornstein first. Man I suck at this game. No humanity to even summon sunbro.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Few more bugs. Orange Charred Ring (lava reduction) is lost on NG+ and also probably already known, but the Magic Shield bug also allows you to walk on lava without taking damage under its duration.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Silentleroy View Post
    I want orstein's lance so bad, but I'm having major trouble soloing this myself, by killing ornstein first. Man I suck at this game. No humanity to even summon sunbro.
    Lightning Spear +5 is better, plus killing Ornstein last is hard as hell solo.