+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 352 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast
    i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Where are you guys pre-ordering? I was thinking amazon but it doesn't mention anything about the pre-order bonus.

http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Souls-Pla.../dp/B004NRN5EO

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Dunno how many hours before I beat the game the first time but I def had to beat the game several times to get my platinum. Mostly due to me fucking up and killing key NPCs n stuff like that.

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Come preorder it with me mag, I'll do a midnight launch for this! (loves being able to get his game spot on midnight)

I asked about time spent beating because, I'll be honest, I haven't sat through it all yet. Its next on my list and I want to see if I can beat it before ocarina comes out.

Sent from my T7575 using Board Express

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Amazon needs to update their shit with the CE stuff so I can place my pre-order

and I still haven't played Demon Souls yet.. but I will probably try to run through it before this game comes out. I've got a couple games on my list I need to beat first.

If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    Amazon needs to update their shit with the CE stuff so I can place my pre-order

and I still haven't played Demon Souls yet.. but I will probably try to run through it before this game comes out. I've got a couple games on my list I need to beat first.
    For shame. Best game I've played probably.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki View Post
    Come preorder it with me mag, I'll do a midnight launch for this! (loves being able to get his game spot on midnight)
    What haha, I don't live in Chicago! ;p

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Silentleroy View Post
    For shame. Best game I've played probably.
    I am pretty awful. I will get to it soon though!

This isnt going so well guys.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Demon's Souls is better than cake.

I picked up Demon Soul for 20 bux and was wondering if I should just wait for PSN to be up to play it? This game is pretty fucking hard, does online thing add anything?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well if by add anything you mean having people like me invading you and making it harder then yes. You can invite other people to your game to help you clear levels if they have a soul sign down.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Kazen View Post
    Well if by add anything you mean having people like me invading you and making it harder then yes. You can invite other people to your game to help you clear levels if they have a soul sign down.
    Ill get to it at some point, and don't speak blasphemy to me, son. No game is better than cake unless said game helps you create cake.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    Ill get to it at some point, and don't speak blasphemy to me, son. No game is better than cake unless said game helps you create cake.
    ?
    http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5085/...af1de3abf5.jpg

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Cakeman, tell me when you go to play it because I want to invade you. This isn't my video but he uses the same exact play style as me down to the weapon/armor and by being a douche using cursed weapon with that "sword".

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I'll be getting mine at K-Mart more than likely, since they will more than likely be offering a $20 coupon or so and I can use that on Batman. My go to gamestore now, they have had the best deals on every new game release I have bought since last May.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Man this is making me want to get Demon Souls again. I love the feeling I get when everything is on the line in a game, knowing I could lose everything at any moment was exhilarating.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I think the best feeling is fighting someone who is really good or equally skilled. I think my most epic battle recently was me using my DBS vs an archer who was really good. I had to actually use my shield which is normally on my back which caused my attack power to drop to a point where we had a power stalemate. As far as power goes we were close to being equal, his arrows could take 60% of my life per arrow and my DBS could take about 80% of his HP per swing. This fight literally lasted 25 minutes of dodging, blocking, and rolling.

In the end I won the fight because I knocked him down which gave me enough time to curse my weapon. I switched to two hands and decided to end the fight one way or the other by using the charging sweep which he dodged by rolling behind me and the arc of my strike... but unfortunately for him I had enough stamina to do two swings like that and slammed the sword into his face by doing the rear smash attack (its hard to describe unless you've seen it) which one hit killed him from max HP.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

@Kaz, sure. I may start within a couple weeks. I'll IM you. Then again.. since it's on the PS3.. lolPSN and all.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I was straight hit and run (fucking Ballista habits). I'd invade a world and just hide right away if they weren't close to the entrance and just stalk the shit out of them. I once had a dude sit in the same spot waiting for me for 15 mins and I sat there and just laughed my ass off. Fuck playing fair, I was in it to indulge the nihilist in me and imo, the game design encouraged it.

Sometime, depending on how I felt and the world, I'd equip the Wrath of God spell and run behind a wall or something I can hide behind. Since the spell goes through walls, I'd activate it when they were close because although you can hear the spell going off, you probably don't know where it's coming from unless you spot me ahead of time. If it was a stage with a narrow walkway like 3-2, I could knock them off the edge and get my body back easily. If they didn't get knocked off, take out my Crescent Falchion+5 and rush the shit out of them because most of the time, people didn't equip magic resistant shields and I having maxed stamina kept me pretty safe as long as I didn't get greedy. Either that or try to get a backstab with the Northern Regalia because most people panic when a huge chunk of their life disappears. I maxed out a guillotine axe because the swing speed is ridiculously fast but unfortunately the damage output was terrible.

I once got raped by a dude 3 times running a parry build though because one riposte would pretty much one-shot you. The tactic was very basic though but it was hard to counter since daggers pressure very well.

Damn I really wanna play this game again.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki View Post
    Is it bad that my OCD simply wants me to get it for the ps3 so it will sit nicely next to my CE Demon's Souls?

I have a question, how many people have actually beaten the game and how long did it take?
    beat it 3 times, not sure about how long, will try to remember to check later. haven't played in half a year now, but last time, I was grinding, to prepare for another playthrough working on weapons (I hate hate hate hate hate the 4-x lizards)

Daddy Warbucks
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kazen View Post
    I think the best feeling is fighting someone who is really good or equally skilled. I think my most epic battle recently was me using my DBS vs an archer who was really good. I had to actually use my shield which is normally on my back which caused my attack power to drop to a point where we had a power stalemate. As far as power goes we were close to being equal, his arrows could take 60% of my life per arrow and my DBS could take about 80% of his HP per swing. This fight literally lasted 25 minutes of dodging, blocking, and rolling.

In the end I won the fight because I knocked him down which gave me enough time to curse my weapon. I switched to two hands and decided to end the fight one way or the other by using the charging sweep which he dodged by rolling behind me and the arc of my strike... but unfortunately for him I had enough stamina to do two swings like that and slammed the sword into his face by doing the rear smash attack (its hard to describe unless you've seen it) which one hit killed him from max HP.
    The PvP content really is satisfying when you get great fights like that. There's nothing like being in a stalemate for 10 minutes but then getting in a lucky stagger and getting a OHKO combo with a great axe, or stalking someone with cloak and a fatal+5 weapon and just waiting for that one moment where they're vulnerable and you can land a back stab without them even seeing you. My favorite PvP moment was when I invaded 3-2 where I ended up facing 3 other guys who were chasing me. I managed to lure them to one of the circular platforms and hide behind the giant lantern in the center, and knocked all 3 of them off with a firestorm.

Reading this is really making me want to play again, but my old PS3 died and I lost all my characters since you can't back up your files

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 352 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast