Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

The FINAL FANTASY XI Team Answers Your Questions! (02/04/2011)

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...98/detail.html

The FINAL FANTASY XI community is ever abuzz with discussion on in-game content. The development and operations teams would like to take this opportunity to address some of our fans' most pressing questions and concerns.

Q: If it is not possible to expand the in-game auto-translate function for the time being, would it at least be possible to add recent terms to the glossary on the official site's Play Guide?

A: We've amended the Play Guide glossary with some of the most requested words and phrases, the first batch focusing on adventuring in Abyssea. With more terms set to follow, we encourage all players to make use of the site to foster communication with their companions abroad.

FINAL FANTASY XI Official Site: Play Guide » Glossary of Game Terms

Q: Could you share with us a schedule and content summary for future version updates?

A: We have a series of version updates and milestones planned for the coming year, and are currently in the process of reviewing the material and compiling it into a format that we can share with our users. Please bear with us and continue to watch this space!

Q: Are there any plans to provide a means to upgrade equipment from Salvage, Einherjar, Nyzul, and so forth? I put a great deal of effort into obtaining these items, but these days they feel underpowered.

A: Yes. Future updates will introduce not only a host of new items, but also new upgrade possibilities for existing weapons and armor. Methods including but not limited to Trial of the Magians are in the works, and we think you'll enjoy what we have in store.

Q: My blue magic spells like "1000 Needles" and "Blitzstrahl" don't seem to be getting at my enemy's weaknesses. Help!

A: We are aware of this issue, and are currently working toward a solution to be implemented in the next major version update. We have also received a wide range of valuable feedback regarding other weapon skills, magic spells, and jobs, and we will work to incorporate as many of your suggestions as possible while preserving game balance.

Q: Ironclad Triturators are covered with iron plates, and yet they're not dropping any. What's up with this?

A: After some investigation, we have uncovered an issue that was resulting in incorrect drop rates for the Ironclad Triturator and Ironclad Sunderer. Both monsters will be addressed in the February mini-update.

Q: When fishing, it's awfully difficult to reel in a prize catch with only "good feelings" and "terrible feelings" to guide us. How about a little more help?

A: Anglers of Vana'diel, rejoice! We are planning to rework the messages that display when hooking a fish to be more informative than ever in the next major version update.

Q: I lost my bait fishing up a pair of rusty leggings. They don't even have a mouth, let alone an appetite!

A: They most certainly do not, and you may rest assured that rusty armor will feast on your precious bait no more after the upcoming February mini-update.

Q: What do puppetmasters have to look forward to in terms of updates and adjustments?

A: Starting with the February mini-update, the macro command <petmpp> will be added, allowing you to display your automaton's current MP as a percentage of its maximum. Puppetmasters will have even more to look forward to in the next major version update, so keep your automaton's frame well-oiled!

Q: Psst! Can you tell me the secret recipe for Goblin stir-fry? Pretty please? I promise I won't tell anyone else.

A: While the Goblins would have our heads if we leaked their secret recipe outright, we figured we could get away with providing a few daily hints on our Twitter feed. Just make sure no one's looking when you follow that link, okay?

Q: I've always been curious about the names of areas in and around the Federation of Windurst. Could one of your scribes enlighten us as to their origins?

A: A fascinating subjectaru indeed! The Tarutaru, you see, have a longstanding tradition of naming geographical features and locations after historical personages who share a connection to these places. For example, the Toraimarai Canal bears the name of the renowned mage and explorer Torai-Marai, who was the first to plumb its depths. In the case of Ghoyu's Reverie, one can see that names of Mithran origin are to be found as well. Just a bit of trivia to keep in mind the next time your adventures carry you to the Federation!

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Q: Are there any plans to provide a means to upgrade equipment from Salvage, Einherjar, Nyzul, and so forth? I put a great deal of effort into obtaining these items, but these days they feel underpowered.

A: Yes. Future updates will introduce not only a host of new items, but also new upgrade possibilities for existing weapons and armor. Methods including but not limited to Trial of the Magians are in the works, and we think you'll enjoy what we have in store.
    Finally! And I just got my Morri 35....

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Looking at the glossary (which presumably is going to be future Auto-Translate data), it seems they are calling the Abyssea staggers by the same name convention as the lights you generate there (ruby, azure, amber).

Yet... it makes no sense. Physical WS produce ruby light... but trigger azure weaknesses and lock TP moves?

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Ruby = Red!!
    Azure = Blue!!
    Amber = Yellow!!

aduidarnenye

This makes me very happy. I only hope that the upgrades are comparable/better than other gear.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

If they do this right, I think I would come back to the game.

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    If they do this right, I think I would come back to the game.
    Defeat NM X 10 times to get +1

Defeat Chariot Y 15 times to get +2

Q: Could you share with us a schedule and content summary for future version updates?

A: We have a series of version updates and milestones planned for the coming year, and are currently in the process of reviewing the material and compiling it into a format that we can share with our users. Please bear with us and continue to watch this space!
    This'll be nice to see, heh. I don't think it's going to be as epic as 2010 was though.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Will be interesting to see what they do with it, seeing as these sets are for multiple jobs but af3 is job speifi. If implemented correctly, this can be amazing, but we'll have to see what they do to see if they can beat some of these new sets.

For example, I don't see them doing anything to usu body that will make it beat Tantra+2 Cyclas, because of the augment to impetus.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    Will be interesting to see what they do with it, seeing as these sets are for multiple jobs but af3 is job speifi. If implemented correctly, this can be amazing, but we'll have to see what they do to see if they can beat some of these new sets.

For example, I don't see them doing anything to usu body that will make it beat Tantra+2 Cyclas, because of the augment to impetus.
    This is what i get for keeping up on here and FFXIAH!

Lord, My bet is the Salvage gear (Since it was already beast as shit) will recieve... Minor Upgrades, Probably going from +1 > +2 (perhaps) adding 0-2 Stats to things with each upgrade, Making it magnificent, but not the king-of-armors it used to be for some jobs back in the day.

Answered some nice question, I know most of the community doesn't enjoy a little comic relief but i thought the last 2 questions were quite humorous and informative.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    Defeat NM X 10 times to get +1

Defeat Chariot Y 15 times to get +2
    defeat QQTH10 times: ok done in 3run...

more like "trade me an other set of armor (15+25+35)"

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I think the following are probably likely targets:

Salvage
    Assault (Yigit etc)
    Nyzul Isle
    Non abjuration drops from Sky/Ein? E.g. Kirin Osode, Valhalla gear?

They may +2 abjuration gear but I can't see many people going for it, although some would still be situationally useful. They might +2 artifact and relic I guess? It's possible teal/perle/aurore might get an upgrade...

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

After all that work +2ing all this AF3 and making other gear useless, I have to make my af3 useless by making other gear better again?

Ah well, still a welcome change.

If only they would say something about empyrean items stacking and increasing the limit of 5 trials -.-

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

What is the big deal with Goblin Stir-Fry? I never even heard of it prior to them talking about it on the twitter feed for the first time a couple days ago.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Xerlic View Post
    What is the big deal with Goblin Stir-Fry? I never even heard of it prior to them talking about it on the twitter feed for the first time a couple days ago.
    It's just a random-ass recipe no one knows how to make. I don't really remember well, but I think it can show up for Cooking GP? idfk I didn't level Cooking, but seem to recall some Chefs bitch about it

also: not sure if I want to go back to Salvage, but there's the answer to Alexandrite shortages, I guess

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Well, I'm not exactly going to run off and start preemptively Salvaging for for this update for three reasons:
    1) Dancer can't wear any of the Salvage sets
    2) They would have to add a phenomenal amount of Haste to individual pieces (like make Usu legs 7%) for them to outdo gear that is currently in the game.
    3) The odds of me guessing which pieces are going to go from worthless to good are low enough that it's not worth doing anything right now.

I might go try and farm up some Delali though. The hands and legs have a use even now at least.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

That ToAU upgraded gear is going to piss off a few people. I know some that dumped their pieces to make room for the better abyssea gears.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Yus!

See!!! Salvage upgrades is full of win!

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Q: If it is not possible to expand the in-game auto-translate function for the time being, would it at least be possible to add recent terms to the glossary on the official site's Play Guide?
    Who cares about your stupid auto-translate. ONLY reason why they want this is so they can shout with their dumb red and green brackets. I bet fewer than 10% interact with the JP player base anyway. Yes the odd time you'll get that JP joining your mega boss shout or your Ule buffalo party but that's it.

You can see when Japanese shout it's rarely or never in translate. Theirs more than enough to easily communicate. 2011 and people still ask dumb questions...

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

kind of upset about no questions asked about further expansion of the porter moogle.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldelphia View Post
    http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...98/detail.html

Q: What do puppetmasters have to look forward to in terms of updates and adjustments?

Q: I've always been curious about the names of areas in and around the Federation of Windurst. Could one of your scribes enlighten us as to their origins?
    Really glad they cleared the air on these...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast